Mike Salk is such a hypocrite

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is the guy that said Seattle shouldn't complain about the officiating in Superbowl XL, yet he's going off as if that was the worst penalty call ever!

"It ruined the game!"

Brock Huard: "The DB admitted it was a hold."

Salk "I don't care! It ruined the game!"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No, it did not ruin the game.

Absolutely ruined the game. That game was on it's way to being top 5 greatest SB's of all time.

Now it's just another SB that ended in a boring fashion because the ref decided to interject himself into something no one wanted him to, by calling a non-egregious penalty that completely decided the outcome of a SuperBowl.

I don't care about Salk, he's an annoying sports elitist. But he's right, the ref ruined the SB. No one on the planet outside of Kansas City enjoyed that ending.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
technically a pentaly or not, it was a ticky tacky call that decided the game. There are always going to be the obtuse dopes that chime in and say "THEY COULD HAVE PLAYED BETTER FOR THE OTHER 59 MINUTES" but if we had youthful full-time refs who were taught not only the rules but situational awareness and not throwing a one flag that decides the outcome of the entire season this might not have happened. The refs have to be better. too many playoff games the last few seasons have been decided by dumb penalties or no-calls on egregious ones. the fact that this is a part time job for these guys is ludicrous. too much is on the line here.

Also calling a radio personality a 'hypocrite" doesn't really mean much to me. Their job is literally to talk all day and so much of it ends up being hyperbole that you could probably find some comparable hypocrisy perpetrated by just about any regular talking head.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Absolutely ruined the game. That game was on it's way to being top 5 greatest SB's of all time.
Recency bias? It was a good game, but not that remarkable, with our without the penalty.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Haha yeah totally my fault the refs are fking dogsh*t, you're right bruh.
And if you want to believe that one call is the reason they lost, have at it.
We can agree to disagree. A lot of whining going on for teams that shouldn't matter one bit.
It was a crap call, NOT the reason Philly lost. God you're a whiner.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It ruined the game if you CHOOSE to let it dictate how you saw a great football game.

I did see a great football game, for 55 minutes. Then I saw a great football game that had all the excitement and air sucked right out of it by a ticky tack call that shouldn't have happened.

Which is why that's all anyone's talking about today, when everyone should be talking about what a great game it was.

If you don't understand the nuance of reffing, than that's on you.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
And if you want to believe that one call is the reason they lost, have at it.
We can agree to disagree. A lot of whining going on for teams that shouldn't matter one bit.
"EVERY OPINION I DONT SHARE IS WHINING!"

Talk about projection.

Please, tell us all more about what should and shouldn't matter to people, genius.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
"EVERY OPINION I DONT SHARE IS WHINING!"

Talk about projection.

Please, tell us all more about what should and shouldn't matter to people, genius.
Thanks for yet another laugh. It IS ok to disagree on how that game ended and/or if it was the reason that Philly lost.
I don't give a rats a** about either of these teams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Recency bias? It was a good game, but not that remarkable, with our without the penalty.

Very few SB's are close, let alone that come down to the last 5 minutes tied with this many comebacks and lead changes. Most definitely was on it's way to being one of the greatest.

But hey, we don't have to worry about this debate. The ref took care of that.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Thanks for yet another laugh. It IS ok to disagree on how that game ended and/or if it was the reason that Philly lost.
Nobody said it was "the reason philly lost"

That's just you, using hyperbole to try to sound smart. It's backfiring.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was a crap call, very ticky tack. Esp. after they were letting them play. It sucks. Zero arguments here. I just don't walk away thinking it ruined a great game. Didn't for me. IF I cared about either team? Probably a lot different outlook on it. And yes, I CAN see how it took away what could have been a hell of an ending if Philly got the ball back with a minute and a half and a timeout. I was hoping for OT.

You can go ahead and put on ignore. You bring NOTHING to the table but a bunch of bitching. Nothing more.

Last edited: