Metcalf on The Herd with Colin Cowherd

cymatica

Reaction score
How many dropped passes does he have?

I wonder what that looks like compared to Kelce or CeeDee Lamb?

I’m sure there are some that would make that trade in a heartbeat.

I wouldn’t.
I would bet he has more dropped passes that most other #1 receivers, especially on contested catches. You can't honestly tell me he is good high pointing the ball when more often than not a much smaller cb breaks up a pass that he could have easily grabbed.

GemCity

Reaction score
I would bet he has more dropped passes that most other #1 receivers, especially on contested catches. You can't honestly tell me he is good high pointing the ball when more often than not a much smaller cb breaks up a pass that he could have easily grabbed.
That would be a bet you would lose.

I’m not saying he’s infallible. But, on .net, the picture that gets painted is that he has “bad hands”.

It’s simply not the case.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far as saying "bad hands". How about "average hands". For every spectacular catch he makes, he has 5 drops that should have been caught.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
When players start parroting each other with nebulous vague excuses like DK's doing here?

Then you've lost me. For too many years now at this time of the season after yet another lackluster mediocre team performance, we start to hear the same ol' crap.

"we're not playing together as a team"
"we're not communicating"
"we need to get on the same page"

Blah blah blah. It all translates to the same things. Not enough talent, not enough effort, poor coaching and preparation. And those don't even begin to see the issues ON the field with scheming, playcalling and execution.

Ozzy

Reaction score
When players start parroting each other with nebulous vague excuses like DK's doing here?

Then you've lost me. For too many years now at this time of the season after yet another lackluster mediocre team performance, we start to hear the same ol' crap.

"we're not playing together as a team"
"we're not communicating"
"we need to get on the same page"

Blah blah blah. It all translates to the same things. Not enough talent, not enough effort, poor coaching and preparation. And those don't even begin to see the issues ON the field with scheming, playcalling and execution.
I often disagree with you but you've turned a corner and you're on fire lately. :) kidding

I agree with you here, its painfully obvious.

cymatica

Reaction score
That would be a bet you would lose.

I’m not saying he’s infallible. But, on .net, the picture that gets painted is that he has “bad hands”.

It’s simply not the case.
He's criticized for good reason. For his size, he is pretty bad at contested catches. You can pretend it's not true, but that is why he has that reputation. He doesn't high point the ball ever and smaller DBs tend to put physical him. But for whatever reason, he seems to not have that issue when catching intermediate passes, even if Geno puts some mustard on it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
DK is like a Lamborghini that breaks down once in awhile. But when it's working it sure is sweet to drive.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He's not Koren Robinson bad, but he does not have the best hands either.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score

3 drops…lots of top receivers with more drops and a worse drop%

88 targets, 53 catchable balls, 49 catches. This site shows 3 drops also.

I would say if Geno could throw more catchable balls DK’s numbers would look considerably better across the board.

PhxPhin

Reaction score

I would say if Geno could throw more catchable balls DK’s numbers would look considerably better across the board.

A lot of passes on his targets are no -hopers.

He doesn't have that drop it in pass that Russ had.

With DK, where I've seen issues is when he knows he needs to do something after the catch and starts that process before securing the ball.

He's also looking armed and muscular, if the ball gets into that area within his arms closer to his frame he has trouble there

An area he's been doing really well is using his body coming off the line to catch posts over the middle - those are contested balls in traffic he does well with

I think certain people just don't like him and will criticize everything that isn't perfect

There are posts of his game and approach that I hope he hones, but the guy shows up, gives it full effort, commits to blocking, runs non-primary/decoy routes hard and then celebrate with his teammates and appreciates how the play works

DK is far from an issue in any way at this point

Even the post month it's been notable that he hasn't been engaging/retaliating and has even pulled teammates away - although defenders constantly try with late actions, slaps, etc

renofox

Reaction score

I remember a stretch of 3-4 games where over half of Geno's "targets to" Dk were waaaaaay off the mark.

GemCity

Reaction score

Thanks for posting. I saw similar stats on another site but, folks will always debate stats.

It’s a false narrative. DK Makes mistakes but, his ‘hands’ are the least of this team’s worries.

calinator

Reaction score
DK doesn't have great hands but I think what is lost in this post talking about his hands, his actual weakness is his route running. He doesn't get very much seperation for how fast and athletic he is. I also wince when he's in the open field trying to be strong and break tackles and he always goes nowhere. He should be trying to be elusive and going for YAC and not a fumble risk trying to break tackles.