Maxwell possibly seeking $10 Million Annually

hawksurething

Reaction score
Whoa...forget that. There are better CBs rated in pro football focus than him ! Hawks can get 2 CBs at that price. 1 quick CB for the slot since thurmon is not quick enough. Edelman showed us that.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksurething":37p0d1em said:
Whoa...forget that. There are better CBs rated in pro football focus than him ! Hawks can get 2 CBs at that price. 1 quick CB for the slot since thurmon is not quick enough. Edelman showed us that.

Who is "Thurmon"?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":2g1x6svh said:
hawksurething":2g1x6svh said:

Who is "Thurmon"?

Thurman Thomas, he's coming out of retirement to play CB for us!

2 thurman thomas rb pg 600

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vbes2pu said:
Basis4day":1vbes2pu said:
hawksurething":1vbes2pu said:

Who is "Thurmon"?

Thurman Thomas, he's coming out of retirement to play CB for us!

2 thurman thomas rb pg 600

He was great in Super Tecmo Bowl.

Threedee

Reaction score
When we lost Browner, I was happy knowing we had Thurmond. When we lost Thurmond, I was happy knowing we had Maxwell. I hope we can keep Maxwell. While Lane is okay, we lack the depth of past years unless we hit more CB gold in the draft.

jblaze

Reaction score
One good thing about this is that this likely means we get a 3rd round comp pick for him next year!

Rat

Reaction score
I remember hearing the same thing about Bennett before last offseason (or maybe it was the one before). That's not to say that we'll get a great deal on getting Maxwell back, but the initial demands are always high. He and his agent would be stupid to not float something like that.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Byron Maxwell has earned his payday. :th2thumbs:

Note to team who signs him, he did struggle some with injuries. Hopefully that's all behind him. Thank you for your contribution to our team Byron and good luck with your future endeavors.

Next man up!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2z2ulnzn said:
Byron Maxwell has earned his payday. :th2thumbs:

Note to team who signs him, he did struggle some with injuries. Hopefully that's all behind him. Thank you for your contribution to our team Byron and good luck with your future endeavors.

Next man up!
I don't think he's earned a $10 million payday but hope some team is dumb enough so we get a high comp pick.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
With the amount of money we already have tied up in the secondary, I always thought it was a bit of a pipe-dream re-signing Maxwell. Too many teams willing to throw top dollar at him - as well as the promise that he could be the teams "#1 corner".

If Maxwell leaves, I fully expect the Seahawks to sign a few vets to one year deals - like the Will Blackmon deal from a couple years ago, as well as a number of late round project draft picks. I still doubt Seattle spends a high draft pick on a CB. The Seahawks under PC/JS have never spent higher than a 4th Round pick on a CB (Thurmond was the highest - 4th round pick 13). I expect to see lots of new faces battling for that starting 2nd starting corner spot this coming summer

kearly

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1mbfq5w4 said:
That'd net us a 3rd round pick. Make that money Byron!

Post of the day.

I was all for having the team spending some cap space to retain Maxwell, maybe $7 million or so. But given the alternatives, I would take Brandon Marshal over Maxwell, I would take Julius Thomas over Maxwell. And if Maxwell staying would cost us a chance at Suh, I wouldn't be too happy about that.

Latest posts