Max Unger and 1st for Jimmy Graham and 4th round pick

volsunghawk

Reaction score
And let me reiterate, folks, we do NOT have Lemuel Jeanpierre right now. His contract was up at the end of the 2014 year. He is an unrestricted free agent.

We need to either bring him back, find a new option at center, or prepare to go into 2015 with Patrick Lewis as our starter.

northseahawk

Reaction score
I like this.. especially with the saints taking 9 million of cap hit. That gives us Jimmy for about 7 something/ year for an elite TE.
Max was too injured prone and only getting older and never appreciated his low snapps. Now we can look to improve that horrible oline that was.

kidhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2tb8wmse said:
And let me reiterate, folks, we do NOT have Lemuel Jeanpierre right now. His contract was up at the end of the 2014 year. He is an unrestricted free agent.

We need to either bring him back, find a new option at center, or prepare to go into 2015 with Patrick Lewis as our starter.

Schilling is also an UFA, so we are down to Lewis and no other options really. I do have faith there is a plan and it's still really early

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
This is going to take some serious getting used to. I've never liked Jimmy Graham as a human being, much less as a player. He may have some fences to mend in the locker room, too.

I guess that means Moeaki is probably gone. I liked him.

Pick6

Reaction score
Awkward. I remember Wagner sort of called him soft on first take.

Ozzy

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3db2an9s said:

I'll take Graham/Lewis all day over Unger/no elite receiving option every single day. Throw in Ungers inability to stay healthy and its a no brainer to me. I love Unger and wish him well.

Digsbone

Reaction score
I like this deal, we needed a big target that was reliable and is a touchdown machine who can run free. Graham is a gamer and will go up and get the ball this is a huge upgrade at this position.

I will miss Max he was/is very solid but, when he was out we were able to move forward and win games.

I think this is a fair deal and I trust Pete and John.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I see this more as gaining a WR than a TE. Jesus, an elite pass catcher we don't owe a signing bonus to...the economics of this are for real!

I have a feeling we'll be adding OLine through FA...one or two undervalued guys that we can back-fill in Cable's scheme. Not to mention the draft.

We'll be a'ight.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Michael Bennett called him out after the playoff game last year, wonder how the players feel.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Saw the announcement on facebook and hooted and hollered like a goof. Then I saw what we paid for him. Losing our first rounder isn't as bad as it sounds @ 31, but it still had some trade value like last year with the Vikings. But, it also means we don't get to draft a player until the 63 pick unless some more deals take place.

I have loved Unger, especially since he was a Duck, but with how many games he missed due to injury the thought had crossed my mind that it was time to move on from him. Who do we replace him with though?

3 years at 27mil with 7.9 guaranteed doesn't sound too steep. Is Graham a blocking TE?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":km6t990t said:
Unger AND a first rounder? this is the dumbest thing I have seen them do, if this happens. Please, don't do this
An injury prone and expensive center is not anything special...

DJrmb

Reaction score
Graham's deal had a 12M Signing Bonus, so if I'm reading correctly 12M of his deal doesn't count against us (Just like how Percy's money still counts against our cap and not NY's)

So we are basically getting Graham for 3 years 27M and only 9M Guaranteed. That is an Amazing deal for a much better TE than Anyone in Free Agency!

PLUS we are dropping Unger's 4.5M

We are in fantastic shape Salary Cap wise...

StoneCold

Reaction score
kidhawk":2oeb8x37 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/575388362200190976[/tweet]

What does "jimmy fade" mean?

SC

kidhawk

Reaction score
From OverTheCap

[urltargetblank]http://overthecap.com/saints-seahawks-working-blockbuster-trade-jimmy-graham/[/urltargetblank]

They are showing dead money of $2.2 million so that would come off our cap this year.

dradee

Reaction score
Just think of the red zone TE packages! Graham, Wilson, Helfet and Beast in the backfield TE bunch!

HawkEye

Reaction score
If we end up with a decent offensive line, so we don't have to use Graham to block all the time, I'm OK with this.

Latest posts