Max Unger and 1st for Jimmy Graham and 4th round pick

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I thought Unger was going to be a post June 1st cut if the Seahawks needed him to be. Seahawks save 2.4m this year and 9m in total over the next two years on Ungers contract.

So I'm not upset on Unger. He's a top center But injury prone.

You go get Schilling and Jeanpierre on cheap deals to compete with Patrick Lewis. And you got a solid group with potential.

Jimmy Graham at 3 yrs, 27m is not a big price to pay.

Seahawks also could also ask him to convert his 5m + 2m Roster Bonuses into Signing Bonus. And he would only cost 4.33m against the cap in 2015.

Russell Wilson and this offense needed an elite match-up 6'5, 230+ WR/TE. Seahawks got one that'll stand 6'7, 260 with 35 in arms and 10 5/8 hands that has average 950 yards and 10 YRs the last 5 years.

The 1st rounder hurts but with 11 picks + future picks you can manipulate the draft to get the players they want.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kidhawk":3c3bw7ms said:
volsunghawk":3c3bw7ms said:
And let me reiterate, folks, we do NOT have Lemuel Jeanpierre right now. His contract was up at the end of the 2014 year. He is an unrestricted free agent.

We need to either bring him back, find a new option at center, or prepare to go into 2015 with Patrick Lewis as our starter.

Schilling is also an UFA, so we are down to Lewis and no other options really. I do have faith there is a plan and it's still really early
Well Lewis is basically all we had for a lot of this year and we did fine

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawkEye":3rolh65g said:
If we end up with a decent offensive line, so we don't have to use Graham to block all the time, I'm OK with this.
Graham is not being brought in to block :34853_doh:

Sac

Reaction score
He'll technically be a tight end, but he'll get split out wide all game long like he did in New Orleans. He'll basically be our #1 receiver that a certain person who's on vacation has been harping about.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1dxp5lhc said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/575388362200190976[/tweet]

Can someone explain to me what this means? I'm not up on how the young people talk these days. :les:

Hawks46

Reaction score
kidhawk":36kvjp29 said:
volsunghawk":36kvjp29 said:
And let me reiterate, folks, we do NOT have Lemuel Jeanpierre right now. His contract was up at the end of the 2014 year. He is an unrestricted free agent.

We need to either bring him back, find a new option at center, or prepare to go into 2015 with Patrick Lewis as our starter.

Schilling is also an UFA, so we are down to Lewis and no other options really. I do have faith there is a plan and it's still really early

I don't see those two getting snapped up really quickly, so we can get one or both of them right away if they really see the need.

They obviously have a plan, and Center isn't going to take a high draft pick to replace.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2owt8upb said:
I need some time to take this in. Initially, i like it because graham is premeier TE, but don't really love that we had to give up a pro-bowl center, a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder.
We gain a 4th rounder, not lose one.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":34caruql said:
Look out for Stefen Wisniewski, he's been undervalued so far this FA period and would be a solid option at Center for us!

Exactly.

Additionally, when looking at some of the day 3 athletic prospects on the OL, I even made a note: Too bad we aren't in the market for a center. There are some decent looking OC prospects this year that should be available in the 4th/5th round range.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
I feel quite upset that one of my favorite players is gone, but both teams benefitted nicely from this trade. Center was our biggest weakness on our offensive line and the Seahawks really needed a TE. Feels great to have 2 first rounders now in a draft loaded with defensive talent.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2yggwdzx said:
kidhawk":2yggwdzx said:
volsunghawk":2yggwdzx said:

Well Lewis is basically all we had for a lot of this year and we did fine

The results of our games were mostly fine, but as I stated to austin, we rushed for 50 more yards per game and gave up less sacks per game with Unger than with our other centers.

There is no way this team plans to go in with Lewis as their main option at center. They will get someone whether it's through the draft or free agency.

Jville

Reaction score
Recognizing that hindsight is 20/20, they did emphasize the interior line last year. They looked at a number of centers last year. And, carried three (3) interior linemen on their practice squad plus stashed a forth prospective lineman on their regular roster toward the end of the year. So .... the signals may have been there. But, I certainly didn't connect the dots in a way that predicted the departure of Max Unger.

The departure of Zack Miller and now Max Unger signal a change in the offense.

Who wins the starting center position remains to be seen. But, I liked what I saw out of Patrick Lewis. I think he brings a different dimension to the center position.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3kelxetm said:
So in other words, Schneider still has all the picks he had before, but one of them is about 75 spots lower than it was before, and we traded an oft-injured, albeit good, center for one of the league's top TEs.

I guess the question becomes whether you think Graham can have a bigger impact on our offensive output than Unger did. Does Graham's ability as a weapon outweigh Unger's run blocking and line calls?

That's right. Gave up Unger and went from 31st pick to 109th pick (assuming NO's 4th is 109).

iigakusei

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":d1w1bgve said:
Hmm. A Pro Bowl center and a first round pick for this guy and a fourth? What's not to love?

Taj2fN

Don't worry - you will love him when he goes 7 for 80 Yds and 2 TD's his 1st game - he just needs to toughen up a bit.

45Hawker

Reaction score
Graham is a dynamic pass catcher and redzone threat.

Who is going to play TE?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
pehawk":av6anr26 said:
Why the 1st as well?

Meh, I need to digest this.

I feel this way too but it seems JS does not like late first round draft picks. I'm guessing he feels the price to talent ratio of that section of the draft is crappy. So looks like we get jimmy graham in the first round this year.