Matt Flynn sucks

hawk45

Reaction score
Maybe he's capable of pulling out a good game while playing for Green Bay. All I know is, he seems to be a #3 QB for every other team in the league but the Packers. That isn't any kind of hate talking, that is just what has happened this year.

docj78

Reaction score
kf3339":2hqbacvd said:
Borderline backups/#3 QB's don't win that game against Dallas with that 2nd half comeback win.

I really don't understand the negative comments about Flynn on this board. We didn't trade any picks for him. We got a 5th round pick for him from Oakland, and the contract he signed wasn't that large for a mid level QB starter. Just because Oakland and Buffalo didn't figure out a way to use him means nothing to me. Especially considering how pathetic both teams look after he was let go.

The reality is that he is a quality 2nd string QB that with the right situation could probably be a bottom third starter in this league. But truth be told he is back where he needs to stay, and with his last two game performance I think that is exactly what will happen. To me he has cemented his place as the #2 behind Rogers for several years to come. Good for him.

This +1

docj78

Reaction score
A lot of hate around here for the guy. I was pretty upset that we spent that kind of cash on him for him to now be the man, but c'mon....... LOOK WHO BEAT HIM OUT!! Russell Wilson already has his name in the record books with the likes of nobodies like Dan Marino and Peyton Manning! The closest Flynn came to badmouthing the organization was allude to not being the "Ra Ra Guy" that Pete wants as his QB. Oakland is a crap organization, and he was just an insurance policy in Buffalo. They had no intention of making him a starter. Cut the dude some slack. I doubt any of us could go out there and play like that, especially when you've been tossed around by 3 teams in less than 12 months.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
hawk45":10cjcvqn said:
Maybe he's capable of pulling out a good game while playing for Green Bay. All I know is, he seems to be a #3 QB for every other team in the league but the Packers. That isn't any kind of hate talking, that is just what has happened this year.
maybe McCarthy's offense just caters to Flynn's limited strengths?

Axx

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3dzooipt said:
Axx":3dzooipt said:
DavidSeven":3dzooipt said:
Dallas has thrown the ball something like 50 times in a game they were leading 26-3 at halftime.

How does Garrett have a job?

garrett doesn't call any plays.

He's not the play-caller, but it still falls on him if an entire offensive strategy for a half fails so badly. Individual play-calls are one thing, but he can and should obviously overrule losing football strategy.

You mean like how jerry jones pretty much made kiffen call out the defense?

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't care if he badmouthed or not. I care that he's a poor man's Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassell.

The guy gut chances in 3 different organizations to show them something. I don't care what he was brought in for, if he was doing jack or competing in practice he'd have a shot. Saying he hasn't had a fair chance is as delusional as folks saying Tjack never got a fair chance anywhere and was really a starter QB waiting to happen. If negative posts about Flynn are all hate, then fine, I assert that the defenders are all white-knighting the guy.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
hawk45":1jr0ya8x said:
I don't care if he badmouthed or not. I care that he's a poor man's Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassell.

The guy gut chances in 3 different organizations to show them something. I don't care what he was brought in for, if he was doing jack or competing in practice he'd have a shot. Saying he hasn't had a fair chance is as delusional as folks saying Tjack never got a fair chance anywhere and was really a starter QB waiting to happen. If negative posts about Flynn are all hate, then fine, I assert that the defenders are all white-knighting the guy.

Thats precisely why I like the guy. He's been passed on by team after team, being tossed around the country like a rag doll. And yet he still puts together a game like this. I salute you, Matt

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":5vzhcr3e said:
:34853_doh: Dez Bryant made his patented early departure from the field.
Dezzy poo is just misunderstood that is all. He had a rough upbringing you know! :sarcasm_off: Million dollar talent, ten cent head!

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawk45":1goj52v3 said:

What makes this even more peculiar is the fact it was the Pack that drafted him and no team in the history of the NFL has had more success with drafting QBs. Even with different FOs, GB knows what they are looking for, and at, when it comes to QBs. They saw something in Flynn, and they're getting out of Flynn what no other teams have been able to do.

And people hating on Flynn...c'mon. GTFU. He was a Hawk and he gave us what he could. Under the circumstances, I felt he was the consummate pro. What's to hate? I recall posters nit-picking the hell out of him while he was here: "Wilson threw a TD and Flynn didn't even slobber his knob when Wilson went to the sideline"!!!

A large portion of this fan base act like they are married to Wilson and divorce imminent if they were caught complimenting Flynn (Luck, whoever). Kinda' creepy when you think about it.

muxpux

Reaction score
i think all the Flynn hate is solely on the contract we gave him. that, or these are all people who ran out and bought a Flynn jersey.

HawkWow

Reaction score
His contract was very easy on us. He was a FA, we went after him and got him. If anyone was wrong, it was us, not Flynn. And if people are hating on Flynn because he departed after they bought his jersey...they should hate Wilson for that, not Flynn! ; )

BASF

Reaction score
The term hate is seriously overused. For those of us who have been critical of Flynn's abilities, it is simply that. I do not hate Matt Flynn. I would imagine that no one hates Matt Flynn. Some may be jealous of his dollars for very little return and the very attractive woman he has, but hate? Really people. He is not that good of a QB. He is a system fit for Green Bay and they use him to the best of his abilities. Why does it always come down to we have to attack other people's opinions?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I can't understand the hate for Flynn either, we should be grateful that a guy who could play like he did last night was only good enough to be our number 3. Instead of being down on Flynn it makes me realise how good our guys are in comparison.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":8xaezjbp said:
Jville":8xaezjbp said:
:34853_doh: Dez Bryant made his patented early departure from the field.
Dezzy poo is just misunderstood that is all. He had a rough upbringing you know! :sarcasm_off: Million dollar talent, ten cent head!
This. Anyone who wants this cancer on our team ought to seriously evaluate their idea of what "team" means.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
kf3339":2iv342vz said:
You are trying to rationalize with some who really have a hate against Flynn. I really don't get the hate myself. It's not like he bad mouthed the team or was a cancer on the team.

I get that this is an American thing... but why do people use the word 'hate' so much?

I don't hate Flynn. I'm glad we never got to experience his play as a starter in Seattle, but I don't 'hate' him.

And kudos to him for coming back and getting the win after that atrocious early pick. Although having watched the game, this is pretty much all on Dallas IMO. What a pathetic job by the Cowboys coaching staff. Laughable.

Jville

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":e9hmny2j said:
kf3339":e9hmny2j said:
You are trying to rationalize with some who really have a hate against Flynn. I really don't get the hate myself. It's not like he bad mouthed the team or was a cancer on the team.

I get that this is an American thing... but why do people use the word 'hate' so much?

I don't hate Flynn. I'm glad we never got to experience his play as a starter in Seattle, but I don't 'hate' him.

And kudos to him for coming back and getting the win after that atrocious early pick. Although having watched the game, this is pretty much all on Dallas IMO. What a pathetic job by the Cowboys coaching staff. Laughable.

The "hate" thing is a favorite political crutch. It's not uniquely American but rather a no brainer thing used world wide. Its labeling as in an emotional and ill-supported accusation.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Flynn is garbage and I'm glad he isn't anywhere near our roster.

He's also received way too many chances and he still is garbage. Hard to lose a game when Romo just hands the ball to you and says 'pretty please'.

rottweiler

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":32e1o8b5 said:
kf3339":32e1o8b5 said:

GTH Red Coat

Jville

Reaction score
:34853_doh: That remark arrived about 3 centuries late.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
And means jack shit to us Brits. You're the ones that can't seem to let it go. :)

Latest posts