hawknation2015

Reaction score

Cartire

Reaction score
hawknation2015":mvw92kg1 said:
Cartire":mvw92kg1 said:
TAB420":mvw92kg1 said:
Cartire":mvw92kg1 said:
What forum is that London? Looks like a sub of reddit. Maybe there is some room for a little optimism like Sac said.

It is reddit.

Do you know what sub it is? What thread?

I'm not a reddit user, but it appears you can view all of his official posts here:
https://www.reddit.com/user/EvanMathis69

Awesome, found it. Not a reddit user either, all though, i think we've all been directed there before. Good to know this. Thank you.

Cartire

Reaction score
Capture.png

So a thread popped up about the image you posted London, which Evan gave a great reply. Now I really want him on the team because hes pretty funny to boot.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
PunnyPenguins: I'm prepared to offer you the naming of my first-borne should you sign with Seattle.

EvanMathis69: Duly noted.

seahawks_section133: If /u/evanmathis69 signs with Seatle, I'll personally cook him a seafood extravaganza. Fresh salmon, large scallops, king crab legs. I'd make him my crab Alfredo from scratch and my seafood stuffed mushrooms. Hell I'll (try) catch him a pink or silver from my family's beach cabin on Whidbey. Look at all that seafood, and it would be cooked with love. I don't know what team could top that offer.

Come to Seattle Evan, we'd love you long time and I'll cook the sh*t outta some stuff from the ocean for you.

EvanMathis69: Saved.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I want him to sign for his social media banter more than any football related reason.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":29supip2 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/635321201930334208[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/635324230503153664[/tweet]

...wait...someone on the internet was...wrong?

chet380

Reaction score
Cartire":t8q4zsg8 said:
Capture.png

So a thread popped up about the image you posted London, which Evan gave a great reply. Now I really want him on the team because hes pretty funny to boot.
A guy with this kind of a sense of humor would be a huge plus in the dressing room.

Laloosh

Reaction score
chet380":3i0hkwrq said:
A guy with this kind of a sense of humor would be a huge plus in the dressing room.

Dressing rooms are in theater and TV. Locker rooms are where football players dress.

TAB420

Reaction score
Laloosh":2e7h4n3j said:
chet380":2e7h4n3j said:

Dressing rooms are in theater and TV. Locker rooms are where football players dress.

Dressing rooms are small enough. Why would you want to share one with a linman that sports the number 69?...Bad idea.

northseahawk

Reaction score
This guy really love the social world and seems like he isn't doing good for himself by denying all rumors.

Cartire

Reaction score
northseahawk":3opbik6s said:
This guy really love the social world and seems like he isn't doing good for himself by denying all rumors.

Maybe he's just a straight shooter. And being a 34 year old veteran, hes tired of the game (the how to conduct yourself game, not football). He might really just be chasing a ring, but hes not gonna be stupid about it. Were not the only team that has a shot at another one.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawkfish":3851nj68 said:
http://m.fantasysp.com/player/4131601/nfl/

This week?

If he wants to get any work in practice with a new team he better pick SOMEBODY this week. If he takes his time any more, he's going to go into the new season without any practice with his new Offense.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Lets say it takes $5m to sign Mathis.

$3m cap hit in 2015, 1m cap hits in '16 and '17.

Would you rather have Mathis

OR

OC Chris Meyers for 1 yr, $1.5m
-8 years of starting in ZBS
-Top 5 Run Blocking OC in '15 (PFF)
- 33 Years Old

TE Zach Miller for 1 yr, $1.5m

In both scenarios, Seahawks cut or trade Kearse to free up about $1.9m, assuming the WR that takes his place will make $410k.

With Myers you cut LJP and save $685k.

So Mathis for $5m in cap space over 3 years

Or Myers and Miller for like $2m over 1 yr assuming LJP and the 3rd TE trade off?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2w848hw2 said:
Lets say it takes $5m to sign Mathis.

$3m cap hit in 2015, 1m cap hits in '16 and '17.

Would you rather have Mathis

OR

OC Chris Meyers for 1 yr, $1.5m
-8 years of starting in ZBS
-Top 5 Run Blocking OC in '15 (PFF)
- 33 Years Old

TE Zach Miller for 1 yr, $1.5m

In both scenarios, Seahawks cut or trade Kearse to free up about $1.9m, assuming the WR that takes his place will make $410k.

With Myers you cut LJP and save $685k.

So Mathis for $5m in cap space over 3 years

Or Myers and Miller for like $2m over 1 yr assuming LJP and the 3rd TE trade off?

Pretty sure we're not going 5m for Mathis. Just doesn't make sense to go that high.

Not sure that the situation is as dire at OC as we think. LJP and Nowak appear to be satisfactory for the position. The real unsettled positions are LG and RT. Early returns to the shuffled line seem ok. But it's still early.

Certainly, even if those two positions pan out -- you have to assume one of either Gilliam or Britt will miss game time to injury. Best case scenario is it does work out. Then we're essentially pretty paper thin at the two spots. Hedging one is completely worth it.

Meyers seems entirely redundant. There is no way on earth we're carrying 3 centers. We are solid enough there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd agree. We're not paying 5 million for Mathis.

Meyers is intriguing because he's better than pretty much any Center we have, and he's cheap.

I'm not sure why Miller was thrown in there. Is Miller even playing this year ? He's had so many injuries, not sure how effective he would be.

Mathis isn't getting 5 mil from anyone else, either. If so, it would've happened by now. He wants more than anyone has offered him. Like other posters have said, if a team were to sign him, they'd want him NOW so he could get some continuity with existing OLmen.

It's going to come down to Mathis settling for something less, or someone getting injured and a team panicking and offering more.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
1. It was a hypothetical, I think if the Seahawks do sign Mathis, it will be for about $4-5 m, pushed over 3 years to put that cap hit to $2-3m range for 2015. Could be less, could be more.

2. I did state youd trade Myers for LJP's spot. So, it wouldnt be redudant at all.

Myers who has more experience (than all 3 of our centers combined) and 8 years of starting experience on the inside (can play guard). And as stated, he was an elite run blocker at his position last year.

And with a decade within the ZBS he would be an excellent stopgap mentor for all our young inside players: Britt, Sweezy, Glo, Nowak, Bailey, Milton, Lewis, Soloki... Whoever they decide to keep. Hence, giving up a little more money than the vet min for his expertise.

Im just saying if Britt and Gilliam continue to show promise at LG and RT respectively. The weakest position on the line is center it seems. They could theoretically move Mathis to OC...

But for less money overall and for about the same 2015 cap hit, what if you could add a decent ZBS OC with superb run-blocking ability and an elite blocking TE at the same time.

If im the Seahawks, I would at least entertain the idea, I know they talked to Myers awhile back and im not sure how close they still are to Miller or if he's healthy but he would be in a more limited role if he came back.

But again its just a hypothetical question.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I suck at linking, but on fieldgulls, there's an article about Mathis and his reddit/social media interactions.

First off, the guy is extremely like able.

Secondly, fieldgulls actually mentions that Mathis has come out and said that 3.5 million + incentives would likely get it done.

So, if that's the case, do we have that without cutting too many people ? Or does that eat too much into our injury replacements funds ?

Personally, I can't see how Mathis isn't worth 3.5 million. That said, I'm also in disbelief that someone hasn't already offered him that.

Latest posts