Marshawn's fine

hawknation2015

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":24heuwlz said:
XxXdragonXxX":24heuwlz said:
His "teammate" would be his junk.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MoneyLynch/status/558414748845608960[/tweet]

The $11,050 hurts more to Chris Matthews, since he has made less than $450k in total money from the NFL, and being mainly a practice squad player, that might be the only significant money he ever makes in football.

When did Matthews do the Michael Jackson crotch grab? The report says it happened "after Lynch's touchdown," but Matthews wasn't even on the field at that time. I never saw Matthews do that during a replay of the game, which makes the fine even more questionable if it wasn't shown on TV. Lynch's move was shown for maybe a second, but obscured by the angle.

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
hawknation2015":14ee20gm said:
NJSeaHawk":14ee20gm said:
XxXdragonXxX":14ee20gm said:

The $11,050 hurts more to Chris Matthews, since he has made less than $450k in total money from the NFL, and being mainly a practice squad player, that might be the only significant money he ever makes in football.

When did Matthews do the Michael Jackson crotch grab? The report says it happened "after Lynch's touchdown," but Matthews wasn't even on the field at that time. I never saw Matthews do that during a replay of the game, which makes the fine even more questionable if it wasn't shown on TV. Lynch's move was shown for maybe a second, but obscured by the angle.

It's in the other thread, but here's a link to it. He didn't grab his crotch at all, just shook Lynch's hand. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/22/7 ... ne-gesture

taco40

Reaction score
ManBunts":39zuffhq said:

Serious questions, where the heck is the NFLPA on this? These guys file lawsuits and stand up for people like Ray Rice and Aldon Smith that are actually convicted of crimes, why are they not IRATE about the NFL just whimsically escalating fines? I know there are contractual obligations Lynch has to speak, and if he doesn't fulfill them he gets a fine, but for the NFL to have the ability to raise fines as they please, I can't imagine they'd stand for that.

That's been a big question in my mind as well. Why is the NFLPA not involved in this. Did Lynch do something that displeased the Players' Union brass? Why are the NFL head office and NFLPA in cahoots when it comes to a really silly breach of etiquette?

Are they p'o'd about his bad timing whilst adjusting his cup?

Is the collective modesty of the NFLPA under intense scrutiny?

Is the cup gold plated and will it cause Marshawn to be booted from the SB?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawkaholic":1ptgbnw4 said:
hawknation2015":1ptgbnw4 said:
NJSeaHawk":1ptgbnw4 said:
XxXdragonXxX":1ptgbnw4 said:

It's in the other thread, but here's a link to it. He didn't grab his crotch at all, just shook Lynch's hand. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/22/7 ... ne-gesture

WTF? It looks like they probably confused the handshake for a crotch grab. I bet this gets overturned on appeal.

MAT.0.gif

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawknation2015":5ne8jlum said:
WTF? It looks like they probably confused the handshake for a crotch grab. I bet this gets overturned on appeal.

MAT.0.gif

Shouldn't have to be overturned on appeal. Doesn't the NFL have more pressing ball related issues right now than to be searching frame by frame for mis-identified grabs.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
taco40":yidaq9m2 said:
Are they p'o'd about his bad timing whilst adjusting his cup?

Is the collective modesty of the NFLPA under intense scrutiny?

Is the cup gold plated and will it cause Marshawn to be booted from the SB?
I'm with you on the absence and silence of the NFLPA.

Just for the record, Lynch doesn't wear a cup. If any NFL'ers do, there aren't many. I never wore one in high school football and no one else on the team did either. It seems counterintuitive in a heavy contact sport, I know, but I never once took a shot to the nads as an offensive and defensive lineman.