Marshawn's fine

ivotuk

Reaction score
MoneyLynch24":3vcw9dme said:
With all of this going on and seeing what the relationship between the NFL and Lynch has turned into, my bet is Beastmode is gonna walk ways from all this after this year. Sucks but I can't see him doing this again next year, he's not gonna budge.

I agree, I could easily see Marshawn retiring after the SuperB Owl.

One question, what's the difference between what Marshawn did, and what baseball players and musicians do? It's impossible to prove intent.

Msfann

Reaction score
ivotuk":dmc1cbub said:
MoneyLynch24":dmc1cbub said:
With all of this going on and seeing what the relationship between the NFL and Lynch has turned into, my bet is Beastmode is gonna walk ways from all this after this year. Sucks but I can't see him doing this again next year, he's not gonna budge.

One question, what's the difference between what Marshawn did, and what baseball players and musicians do? It's impossible to prove intent.

I think its clearly taunting when Lynch does it, not that I mind that.

McStain

Reaction score
Msfann":2tniuuvq said:
ivotuk":2tniuuvq said:
MoneyLynch24":2tniuuvq said:

If it's taunting then he should be flagged.

It's stupid that he continues to do it, it's stupid that they continue to fine him for it. Compound stupidity FTW.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":xy6449uw said:
The fine does go to charity and will also be used as a Tax write-off

Ah, the NFL. The most profitable not-for-profit trade association in America.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Msfann":wvbudf1o said:
ivotuk":wvbudf1o said:
MoneyLynch24":wvbudf1o said:

How is it clearly taunting? How is the Double Check move Rodgers does not taunting then? Pelvic thrust in the direction an opponent is pretty suggesting. I mean, in the grand scheme of celebrations, a crotch grab is not innocent, but not overly vulgar in a sport where guys spill blood daily. And it doesn't take up nearly the time that a leap into the stands does. It doesn't risk disrupting play like Jimmy's field goal dunks (and yes I realize he got fined).

It's clearly another attack by the NFL to establish control on a player they deem out of control. And propagated by the pissy media because he won't talk to them, despite their questions being the most baiting, crappy things ever. I mean, my god even our own beat writer Terry Blount misquoted ADB EGREGIOUSLY!!

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
ManBunts":3g8dy2pl said:
Msfann":3g8dy2pl said:
ivotuk":3g8dy2pl said:
MoneyLynch24":3g8dy2pl said:

How is it clearly taunting? How is the Double Check move Rodgers does not taunting then? Pelvic thrust in the direction an opponent is pretty suggesting. I mean, in the grand scheme of celebrations, a crotch grab is not innocent, but not overly vulgar in a sport where guys spill blood daily. And it doesn't take up nearly the time that a leap into the stands does. It doesn't risk disrupting play like Jimmy's field goal dunks (and yes I realize he got fined).

It's clearly another attack by the NFL to establish control on a player they deem out of control. And propagated by the pissy media because he won't talk to them, despite their questions being the most baiting, crappy things ever. I mean, my god even our own beat writer Terry Blount misquoted ADB EGREGIOUSLY!!

A man with brains :0190l:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
ivotuk":3kemfloi said:
Musicians aren't members of a union that collective bargains with an organization that has a conduct policy.

The other can be answered with a question: have you ever worn a protective cup?

As for someone else's mention of taunting – I'm speculating – but I am 99% certain that Marshawn is taunting the NFL, and even Roger himself.

The Beastquake 1 grab was a heat-of-the-moment exclamation point on an historic run. The league did nothing. The Beastquake 2 grab was an homage to #1 and showed pretty amazing awareness to recognize the similarities in the moment. The league fined him. The latest grab was an FU to the league's inconsistent punitive system (an expulsion for shoes?! seriously?!) in addition to solidifying Marshawn's unyielding position toward his media obligations.

Right or wrong, Marshawn's gonna do it his way. People can get used to it, or not, keep fining him, or not.

He. Does. Not. Care.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
McStain":3tab72o8 said:
Msfann":3tab72o8 said:
ivotuk":3tab72o8 said:
MoneyLynch24":3tab72o8 said:

If it's taunting then he should be flagged.

It's stupid that he continues to do it, it's stupid that they continue to fine him for it. Compound stupidity FTW.

I agree. Totally. A quick crotch grab is far, far, far, far worse a taunt than a Superman shirt-rip move or making an exaggerated first down signal every time you get a first down. It's also far, far, far, far worse a taunt than a discount double check move or dancing your signature sack dance over the quarterback after a sack. All those other things rarely if ever get called penalties, and rightly so, but that crotch grab, even if you had to watch the replay a couple of times to catch it, man that was the worst!

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":38w917mx said:
ivotuk":38w917mx said:
Musicians aren't members of a union that collective bargains with an organization that has a conduct policy.

You mean the same organization that contracted Michael Jackson to do the same thing 500 times during a Super Bowl halftime show?

checkdanews

Reaction score
I have a feeling he is going to retire because all of this, and if he scores in the Super Bowl he is going to do something BIG to say F-U to the NFL. A full on hold my deeeeee

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":30rwfdzq said:
Bigbadhawk":30rwfdzq said:
$16,537.00 for a horse collar tacket (Player Safety)
$8,268.00 for a face mask (Player Safety)
$70,000.00 for stomping on another player (Player Safety)
$10,000.00 to $15,000.00 for fighting (Player Safety)
$8,268.00 for leg whip (Player Safety)
$22,050.00 for helmet to helmet and hit to an defenseless player (Player Safety)

Marshawn Lynch:
$11,050 Excessive celebration (inappropriate gesture) against Arizona (Nothing to do with Player Safety)
$20,000 Excessive celebration (inappropriate gesture) against Green Bay (Nothing to do with Player Safety)
$100,000 Personal Conduct for not talking to the media. (Nothing to do with Player Safety)

No rhyme or reason with Goodells rationalization.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/2014/

Keep in mind that Lynch's fines are repeat violations. Lynch wasn't just fined $100K out of the blue.

Suh has been fined a ton of money because of repeat player safety fines that are much higher than what you are citing above. $100,000 for low block, and $176,000 for stomping (and 2 games).

Actually the 70k fine Suh got this season wasn't for being a repeat offender. He went 32 games in a row without an offense so by NFL rules he had a clean slate. Yes Lynchs was 50k for 2 offenses, they just happened to collect the 100k at one time due to making the 50k fine from last Super Bowl effective at that the time of his 2nd fine.

I have no problems with him being fined btw as he knows the rules. My issue is how much the fine is for the stuff he is doing even as a repeat offender vs the amount people get for player safety issues that supposedly the NFL cares about.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Lynch is saying a teammate got fined for shaking his hand?

"I feel embarrassed to work for a particular organization that fined a teammate of mine for shaking my hand after a touchdown"

253hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, does he mean Seattle fined them or the NFL?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
kidhawk":34130nvp said:
HawkAroundTheClock":34130nvp said:
ivotuk":34130nvp said:

You mean the same organization that contracted Michael Jackson to do the same thing 500 times during a Super Bowl halftime show?
I'll be the last person to defend the NFL, but that was 22 years ago. We can't imply that the current league office is hypocritical for something the 1993 league office did. I do think you're onto something as far as a double standard, and I know this isn't where you were going with this, so from here on this is just me.

This current regime has had no problem hiring Janet Jackson (well, they ended up with a problem there), but they went on to hire Madonna, Nikki Manaj, and Katy Perry. All of them have had hyper-sexualized shows, videos, outfits, songs, etc. If Marshawn grabbing his junk is truly a "think about the children" issue, I would think the prudes would be much more concerned about these halftime acts. On that tip, there are a couple dozen scantily clad women shaking their money makers every game day in every stadium.

So why is the NFL upset about a man putting his hand on his crotch, but okay with objectification of women dancing around in glorified bikinis?

I think Roger is painting himself into a corner by going after Marshawn and he's doing it because the gesture is basically a middle finger to the league. Marshawn will keep doing it and Roger knows he'll be in his position with the NFL longer than Lynch will be, so he's making an example of him.

Basically, Roger completely botched domestic violence (again, lax on issues that largely affect women) and now he's petrified of screwing up and offending anyone, so he errs on the side of harsher punishments on players. It'll be interesting to see if any players start to go the defiant route as a little retaliation.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
yep penalize Lynch but let the Pats getaway with outright cheating...ya makes sense...next thing you know the league will deny they ever saw the Ray Rice video...oh nevermind...