marshawn's dui case ..june 21.

Giedi

Reaction score
Largent80":sgkbwku6 said:
While Lynch is undeniably a huge part of the team he is only one player. We have Turbin with a year under his belt and Mike Rob, who is a pretty good blocker and pass receiver.

Michael may prove to be a load as well, so the running game for Seattle is in pretty good shape. Oh, Harvin can also line up in the backfield.

We have multiple weapons to keep the ship sailing.
There is an article that said the 'hawks are 20th in terms of the O-line. I think you have far and away one of the best offenses in the league this year at the skill positions. Where I think you guys fall short a bit - when comparing to the elite teams - is on the o-line. Useless to have a great WR, RB or QB if the O Line can't do it's job.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Giedi":1chmozhi said:
Largent80":1chmozhi said:
While Lynch is undeniably a huge part of the team he is only one player. We have Turbin with a year under his belt and Mike Rob, who is a pretty good blocker and pass receiver.

Michael may prove to be a load as well, so the running game for Seattle is in pretty good shape. Oh, Harvin can also line up in the backfield.

There is an article that said the 'hawks are 20th in terms of the O-line. I think you have far and away one of the best offenses in the league this year at the skill positions. Where I think you guys fall short a bit - when comparing to the elite teams - is on the o-line. Useless to have a great WR, RB or QB if the O Line can't do it's job.
That rating should raise quite a bit just by experience and being together for that year.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2c8im4e7 said:
BlueTalon":2c8im4e7 said:
I don't have any sympathy for individuals who choose to drink and drive, so I hope the judge makes an example of him.
I don't have any sympathy for hypocrites, so I hope you get busted for dui after having some cough syrup.
I won't touch your immaturity of hoping I get pulled over for a DUI.
Oh, and you are being completely mature. Got it.

His lawyer said he blew 0.08, the police say he blew OVER it, but won't actually release the actual BAC level yet because it is one of their rules apparently according to an article I read. His lawyer is payed to do his job and create the sense of optimism. If you can't understand that....
His job isn't to create a sense of optimism, it is to represent and defend his client. (If you can't understand that....)

Your mind is obviously already made up about this. But just for the sake of the discussion, assume for a moment that Lynch's lawyer has his facts right, that Lynch blew exactly .08 at the scene, and then later blew over .08 at the station. Does that change your opinion at all? Or is your tirade directed not just at people who are over the legal limit, but also at people who are within the legal limit?

Or to put it another way... if you could set the legal limit, what would it be?

CDAseahawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1gpwwfb5 said:
I'm sure you are perfect, and have never done anything bad, so your perspective might be a little skewed. The legal limit used to be .10, and then it got reduced to .08. Your pompous argument reminds me of the ninnies back in the 70's and 80's who would complain about people going too fast in a 55mph zone, when the limit previously was 70mph and the roads were designed for 80+.
It really doesn't matter what the legal limit is - if you drink at all you shouldn't be driving. There's also talk right now of lowering it to .05 which I would totally support. I'm still hoping Marshawn beats the charge though, but that's only because my Seahawk fandom usually outweighs my common sense.

Giedi

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3t7cessd said:
Giedi":3t7cessd said:
Largent80":3t7cessd said:

That rating should raise quite a bit just by experience and being together for that year.
True, but experience can't ward off injuries. You only added two O Linemen in this years draft, and it was in the 6th and 7th rounds. Aslo, I've read reports of your O line being injured during the 2012 year. Point being, you may have O-line talent but it's not deep and they are quite often injured (at least according to the article I read).

hawker84

Reaction score
there is no legal limit.. if you blow .001 or over you can be charged and convicted of a DUI... it's a cash cow, and a huge part of all states economy.. It's a money making machine, hence the unconstitutional DUI check posts going on all over the country..this new law coming out to lower the legal limit is a joke.. what are they going to lower it to, .000, so if you have a bottle of water you're in danger of getting a DUI...

i think drinking and driving is serious business as much as any, but when it becomes a business first over protecting and serving the community, that i have a problem with.. and know this:

Every traffic stop is a DUI stop

Giedi

Reaction score
CDAseahawk":2rcmc368 said:
BlueTalon":2rcmc368 said:
I'm sure you are perfect, and have never done anything bad, so your perspective might be a little skewed. The legal limit used to be .10, and then it got reduced to .08. Your pompous argument reminds me of the ninnies back in the 70's and 80's who would complain about people going too fast in a 55mph zone, when the limit previously was 70mph and the roads were designed for 80+.
It really doesn't matter what the legal limit is - if you drink at all you shouldn't be driving. There's also talk right now of lowering it to .05 which I would totally support. I'm still hoping Marshawn beats the charge though, but that's only because my Seahawk fandom usually outweighs my common sense.
If it was just somebody like LadyTaloon (not saying she's ever had a DUI) but hypothedically speaking, if it was just an ordinary person, then I think he can beat the raps easy. but if he's a famous person, I think that makes a difference in the DA's eyes. They will make a harder effort to put him in jail to make an example out of him. It could be sorta like the OJ simson case - publicity-wise - all over again, and this time the NFL will not be happy about it.

hawker84

Reaction score
If it was just somebody like LadyTaloon (not saying she's ever had a DUI) but hypothedically speaking, if it was just an ordinary person, then I think he can beat the raps easy. but if he's a famous person, I think that makes a difference in the DA's eyes. They will make a harder effort to put him in jail to make an example out of him. It could be sorta like the OJ simson case - publicity-wise - all over again, and this time the NFL will not be happy about it.

First of all he's not looking at any jail time, unless this is one of many DUI's.. if it's his first offense at the very most he's looking at 1 day in jail, 7 years probation, 2 years of alcohol classes, suspended license for 30 days, and all the fines and fee's associated with it.. And probably 2 games suspended..

if it's his second or more and he was already on probation for another one, then yes he's screwed, but i've never seen that he's had one before this..

this is just one of thousands of DUI cases the DA's office prosecutes every year in CA, pretty sure they don't have the time to go over this one with a fine tooth comb, just because he's a NFL player.. If found guilty he'll get the same thing i would get

CDAseahawk

Reaction score
Giedi":zncmv12a said:
CDAseahawk":zncmv12a said:
BlueTalon":zncmv12a said:
Marshawn is the man but I really don't think he's so famous that people in California will care which way it turns out, other than 49er fans. I mean, publicity-wise, I don't think coming down hard on him is going to send any loud message to the general public. And really, in my experience people with a lot of money have a way better chance of getting off than average joe's like LadyTalon.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3qlgj193 said:
NinerLifer":3qlgj193 said:
BlueTalon":3qlgj193 said:
I don't have any sympathy for hypocrites, so I hope you get busted for dui after having some cough syrup.
I won't touch your immaturity of hoping I get pulled over for a DUI.
Oh, and you are being completely mature. Got it.

NinerLifer":3qlgj193 said:
His lawyer said he blew 0.08, the police say he blew OVER it, but won't actually release the actual BAC level yet because it is one of their rules apparently according to an article I read. His lawyer is payed to do his job and create the sense of optimism. If you can't understand that....
His job isn't to create a sense of optimism, it is to represent and defend his client. (If you can't understand that....)

Your mind is obviously already made up about this. But just for the sake of the discussion, assume for a moment that Lynch's lawyer has his facts right, that Lynch blew exactly .08 at the scene, and then later blew over .08 at the station. Does that change your opinion at all? Or is your tirade directed not just at people who are over the legal limit, but also at people who are within the legal limit?

Or to put it another way... if you could set the legal limit, what would it be?

I am starting to think that you have a personal experience with this, so I will tread lightly.

However if you are suggesting that it is ok to drink and drive....

The only opinion that I have on what the "legal" limit should be is that it should be at whatever is low enough to not cause any incapacitation to a driver. If you have drank enough to be swerving all over the road, like what was described when Lynch was pulled over for, then that is too much.

And being a public figure, the California court system will most likely make an example out of him like they try to do to all public figures.

And no my opinion doesn't change if he blew higher at the station vs what he did in the field. That only means that law enforcement did its job of getting a drunk driver off the road before his driving ability got worse and therefore increasing the likelihood of hurting himself or somebody else.

hawker84

Reaction score
it's a DUI case dude, not a double murder.. reel it in a bit my man... sounds like a whole lotta of wishful thinking.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawker84":1n8pdtup said:
it's a DUI case dude, not a double murder.. reel it in a bit my man... sounds like a whole lotta of wishful thinking.

I take it your not from California and familiar with all the celebrity types who the California judges enjoy establishig precedent against.

hawker84

Reaction score
I take it you're not from Washington state, or Benton county, which has the toughest DUI laws in the state of washington which has the toughest DUI laws in the United states...

The Judge cannot do anything to him that he can't or won't do to joe blow.. it's called discrimination...

Your criminal case log is backed up, your jails are full, i don't see any extra efforts made in this one case out of thousands.. i would also suspect most people in CA outside of football fans wouldn't even recognize him if they were standing right next to him..So not sure how famous he really is.. If Frank Gore walked into a grocery store tomorrow, i don't know how many people would recognize him, i would think that number would be low..

CDAseahawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1kp1p2ry said:
hawker84":1kp1p2ry said:

I take it your not from California and familiar with all the celebrity types who the California judges enjoy establishig precedent against.
Ya just like Lindsay Lohan.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2xypf7ub said:
I am starting to think that you have a personal experience with this, so I will tread lightly.

The only opinion that I have on what the "legal" limit should be is that it should be at whatever is low enough to not cause any incapacitation to a driver. If you have drank enough to be swerving all over the road, like what was described when Lynch was pulled over for, then that is too much.

And no my opinion doesn't change if he blew higher at the station vs what he did in the field. That only means that law enforcement did its job of getting a drunk driver off the road before his driving ability got worse and therefore increasing the likelihood of hurting himself or somebody else.
I have no personal experience with DUI legal trouble. What I have is a pet peeve about people arbitrarily re-defining terms, and disregarding the law in favor of whatever the hell they want to substitute in its place.

It has been my opinion from the very beginning that Lynch will likely plead guilty to reckless driving, if he doesn't get off entirely. How Goodell would respond to that is anybody's guess.

I suppose I would have more understanding of your argument if you would also come down hard on people who talk on the phone, sneeze, yawn, eat a hamburger, who are just plain bad drivers and/or stupid, and anything else that causes them to drive over road turtles.

Is it OK to drink and drive? Absolutely it is -- as long as the people doing so are doing it responsibly. Meaning they wait a suitable amount of time after having their last drink, and don't drive intoxicated (BAC below the legal limit, not swerving etc.).

NinerLifer

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2isgejxt said:
NinerLifer":2isgejxt said:

I have no personal experience with DUI legal trouble. What I have is a pet peeve about people arbitrarily re-defining terms, and disregarding the law in favor of whatever the hell they want to substitute in its place.

It has been my opinion from the very beginning that Lynch will likely plead guilty to reckless driving, if he doesn't get off entirely. How Goodell would respond to that is anybody's guess.

I suppose I would have more understanding of your argument if you would also come down hard on people who talk on the phone, sneeze, yawn, eat a hamburger, who are just plain bad drivers and/or stupid, and anything else that causes them to drive over road turtles.

Is it OK to drink and drive? Absolutely it is -- as long as the people doing so are doing it responsibly. Meaning they wait a suitable amount of time after having their last drink, and don't drive intoxicated (BAC below the legal limit, not swerving etc.).

Got ya. Oh don't get me started on my opinion of whether or not people should be able to drive while eating or doing whatever else with one of their hands. ;)

In California it is illegal to drive while talking on a cell phone unless it is with a hands free device. Same in Washington? Here in Arizona people are allowed to drive while holding their cell phone up to their ear, but not text. But also in Arizona you aren't required to wear a helmet while driving a motorcycle, which took a lot of time to get used to after moving here from California.

Again this whole thread is just speculation, but what else are we going to do with our time during the offseason. ;)

Hopefully for your teams sake he isn't suspended. It's just my opinion based off of what I learned from living in California for 31 years that he won't get off Scott free, and it has been reported that Goodell will suspend him even if he plea bargains. From what I read it doesn't sound like the evidence will be dismissed either.

Giedi

Reaction score
BlueTalon":32bwx914 said:
Giedi":32bwx914 said:
If it was just somebody like LadyTalon...
Just FYI, LadyTalon and I are two different people. She's cute, I'm not.
I'm not even touching that one. Either way I answer, I'll be banned. :mrgreen:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Giedi":2sgltriu said:
BlueTalon":2sgltriu said:
Giedi":2sgltriu said:
If it was just somebody like LadyTalon...
Just FYI, LadyTalon and I are two different people. She's cute, I'm not.
I'm not even touching that one. Either way I answer, I'll be banned. :mrgreen:
Why? LT is a woman and BT is...well a curmudgeon. :mrgreen: