Marshawn Lynch DUI Update (Nothing to Worry about Yet)

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Hey Seahawk fans,

What's the consensus from you guys regarding a possible suspension for Lynch? Usually DUI/DWI aren't suspendable for 1st offense, but since Lynch already has a history dating back to his Buffalo days, will he serve a suspension? And if so, do you think his legal team + Seahawks FO will appeal / stall until there's a 'soft' section of your schedule? ...

If it were a 4 game suspension for instance, it would benefit the Seahawks if the suspension were to be for games 6 - 9. He'd miss the Titans, @ Cardinals, @ Rams, and Buccaneers. I see that as your easiest stretch next year. You could probably go 3-1 in that stretch even without Lynch. I also think the drafting of Michael plays into this this.

In contrast, if he were suspended for the first 4 games (@ Panthers, the 49ers, the Jaguars, @ Houston) it could more significantly effect your overall playoff resume.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
NinerBuff":kkz41lw8 said:
Hey Seahawk fans,

What's the consensus from you guys regarding a possible suspension for Lynch? Usually DUI/DWI aren't suspendable for 1st offense, but since Lynch already has a history dating back to his Buffalo days, will he serve a suspension? And if so, do you think his legal team + Seahawks FO will appeal / stall until there's a 'soft' section of your schedule? ...

If it were a 4 game suspension for instance, it would benefit the Seahawks if the suspension were to be for games 6 - 9. He'd miss the Titans, @ Cardinals, @ Rams, and Buccaneers. I see that as your easiest stretch next year. You could probably go 3-1 in that stretch even without Lynch. I also think the drafting of Michael plays into this this.

In contrast, if he were suspended for the first 4 games (@ Panthers, the 49ers, the Jaguars, @ Houston) it could more significantly effect your overall playoff resume.

From what I've read/heard, this falls under a different policy (substance abuse vs. personal conduct) from the stuff in Buffalo which was 3-4 years ago. So there may not be a suspension at all. But it seems like the alot think he'll get a 1 game suspension at most.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3pjii5bf said:
NinerBuff":3pjii5bf said:
Hey Seahawk fans,

From what I've read/heard, this falls under a different policy (substance abuse vs. personal conduct) from the stuff in Buffalo which was 3-4 years ago. So there may not be a suspension at all. But it seems like the alot think he'll get a 1 game suspension at most.

Right, the substance abuse vs. PED vs. personal conduct... that being said, if it were only a 1 game suspension, do you think the Seahawks FO would try as hard as possible to make it the Jaguars game. You can always appeal rulings, it just costs more. But it seems like there's incentive to appeal the suspension beyond the first 2 games.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
NinerBuff":3f3vj98h said:
Hey Seahawk fans,

Lolz, Goodell isn't gonna suspend Lynch when its convenient for the team.

Michael may have been drafted in accordance to the looming possible suspension but I think the guy is just flat out good. I've seen the guy play for awhile and he and Lattimore are the best backs I've seen in the SEC comming out this last year. Yes, I'm looking at you Eddie Lacy. Lacy at best will be LaGarrett Blunt but slower. Lacy's never played in that cold weather either, being from Louisiana and attending Alabama. I'm getting off topic...

Bottom line, I don't think a possible suspension of Lynch is going to be made convenient on our schedule and Michael is a Farrarri, where Lynch is a grinder like a Wrangler Rubicon that just goes right over shit and breaks out of almost anything. The Michaels addition was made because he was the best player available and he can hit a home run any time. Lynch and Michael is a dynamic 1-2 punch.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":2ss6469u said:
NinerBuff":2ss6469u said:
Hey Seahawk fans,

Lolz, Goodell isn't gonna suspend Lynch when its convenient for the team.

Michaels may have been drafted in accordance to the looming possible suspension but I think the guy is just flat out good. I've seen the guy play for awhile and he and Lattimore are the best backs I've seen in the SEC comming out this last year. Yes, I'm looking at you Eddie Lacy. Lacy at best will be LaGarrett Blunt but slower. Lacy's never played in that cold weather either, being from Louisiana and attending Alabama. I'm getting off topic...

Bottom line, I don't think a possible suspension of Lynch is going to be made convenient on our schedule and Michaels is a Farrarri, where Lynch is a grinder like a Wrangler Rubicon that just goes right over shit and breaks out of almost anything. The Michaels addition was made because he was the best player available and he can hit a home run any time. Lynch and Michaels is a dynamic 1-2 punch.

Obviously Goodell wont suspend him when it's convenient, but until he's found guilty in court, I doubt he gets a suspension. So if his lawyers keep up the appeals until it becomes convenient, then I see it as possible...

Hawks46

Reaction score
It does make sense. You appeal it until right before the "soft spot" in the schedule, then do a minor plea deal that results in a legal slap on the wrist and wait to see what the league will do.

If the league suspends Lynch, then don't appeal and take it the very next game. I can see this happening, but like a lot are saying here, it's a big possibility that he doesn't get suspended at all, since this is the 1st violation of this "category" by Lynch.

Goodell also will take into consideration how long it's been since Lynch has been in trouble. He seems to want to punish guys to keep them on the straight and narrow, but usually gives guys a 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) chance.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
The whole reason I brought it up was that Lynch has been particularly difficult for our otherwise excellent run defense. He was the first guy to score a rushing TD against us in 2011 and he was instrumental in the 42-13 beating. If he were out for the week 2 game, it would definitely bode well for the 49ers. I still think the 49ers would be lucky to win in week 2, but if they're without Clemons, Irvin, and Lynch for that game, it could swing it in our direction. Obviously, the loss of Crabtree would reduce some of that bump...
:snack: