marshawn's dui case ..june 21.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I don't believe it will be more than 1 or 2 games tops and we have a couple RBs hungry enough to step in and play lights out to fill in.

Not worried about it. Just means more Wilson. I dunno if any opponents are really going to see more Russell Wilson as a good thing. So we play a team with a good run D who will take advantage of a missing Marshawn. Cool. They still have to cover Rice/Harvin/Tate/Miller/Baldwin. Good luck with that.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
The running game wouldn't just stop with Lynch being out, but it would probably take a dip in productivity. Not worried about it with Wilson taking more and more responsibility within the offense.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hedgehawk":3fn78v30 said:
The running game wouldn't just stop with Lynch being out, but it would probably take a dip in productivity. Not worried about it with Wilson taking more and more responsibility within the offense.

It'll take a dip because Marshawn is a good zone-runner. We may do some more traditional type blocking schemes to compensate in those games. Easier to diagnose but thats when Turbin can put those big muscles to work.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I think we're talking about this more than his Attorney will have to talk with the Prosecuting Attorney to make a plea work things out and get Marshawn back in the game... Don't think he'll be suspended, it's not like it's the first or last in a case like this.... DUI might be dropped, the court system has more to deal with than this... a .08 or even a .10 is nothing compared to what most people leaving a bar or party can test for. No illeigal drugs in system and nobody hurt, and a good Attorney... He's a big boy and things do happen and I think he'll be fine...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NinerLifer":kft3bwsz said:
onanygivensunday":kft3bwsz said:
NinerLifer":kft3bwsz said:
Slight slack? :34853_doh:
Think production differential from the RB position... not total production from the position.

The way I think... if Lynch can gain 100 yards against a certain opponent, Turbin should be able to gain 75 yards.

The 25 yard differential is the "slight slack".

Ok, I'll go with that.

How do you believe he would do against your first 4 opponents next year, based on their run D?
I'll take a numbers approach.

Seattle averaged 161.2 yd/game running the ball last year.

First 2013 opponent is Carolina on the road, who were 14th in the league for Run D (near the middle of the pack), giving up 110.1 yd/game on average. If Lynch were unavailable, I could still see Seattle accumulating just under their 2012 average... let's say 150 yards in that game.

Second 2013 opponent is the 49ers at home, who were 4th in the league on Run D, holding 2012 opponents to 94.2 yd/game on average last year. I could see the Hawks gaining about 130 yards on the ground in that home game. I imagine that Pete would use Percy in the backfield quite a bit in this game.

Third 2013 opponent is J'Ville at home, who were a dismal 30th in the league in Run D last year, giving up a generous 141.0 yd/game on average. I could see the Hawks putting up 180 or 190 at home against the Jaguars, even without Lynch.

Fourth 2013 opponent is Houston on the road, who were 7th in the league in Run D last year, giving up 97.5 yd/game on average. Without Lynch, I foresee the Hawks only mustering about 100 yd on the ground against the Texans at their place, principally because Brian Cushing should be back at full strength.

All in all, I don't foresee a significant drop-off in the event Marshawn is unable to play in the first four games.

Make sense?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Ya I can understand your mind set. Hopefully for the Seahawks, in the case that he is suspended, you are right. Or your season could be lost before it even begins. Especially in a division where every win will matter.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man I really hope he doesn't miss any games......especially the SF game in week 2. I think a stiff fine will suffice.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Blitzer88":isu9odkf said:
Man I really hope he doesn't miss any games......especially the SF game in week 2. I think a stiff fine will suffice.

I don't have any sympathy for individuals who choose to drink and drive, so I hope the judge makes an example of him. Which is something that California courts have been starting to do against Celeb's and those who appear to go on acting like the laws of "common men" don't apply to them.

Since this isn't Lynch's first incident with drunk driving, I doubt that he gets let off easy.

Giedi

Reaction score
kidhawk":16qsjgui said:
NinerLifer":16qsjgui said:
KCHawkGirl":16qsjgui said:
The alcohol metabalizing (sp) in his system perhaps? Faulty equipment/settings?

I imagine that is the common defense against DUI, but yet people are convicted of it every day.

Most DUI "convictions" at this level are plea agreements. The science behind blood alcohol tests is not 100% accurate and I've known several people who had the resources to fight their cases when they tested so close to the limit and they win more of these than they lose. Honestly, it's expensive upfront money to hire an attorney to fight these things and most people know they were guilty and just plea out, but since Lynch has hired an attorney, his chances of being found guilty are less than those of his being found guilty if it goes to court.

As for the NFL punishment, that ball is up in the air, and nobody will know for sure how that will fall until Goodell decides to make a decision. If he's found guilty or pleads guilty, there will be a suspension for sure, if not, then the commissioner has every right to either suspend him or to not suspend him and he has gone in either direction in previous cases with other players.

I find it funny how long this debate has raged in here. We had this exact same debate after his arrest. His trial is scheduled, but could easily be delayed to the point where we won't have a decision this year either.

It's definitely way to early to count him out of any games right now, and the team has taken measures to not only fill the gap should he miss games, but also secure a possible replacement down the road.
May 22 is the magic date for the Seahawk fans. That's the date that Marshawn executes his last *get out of Jail* card. If he wins on May 22, he's home free. If he loses on may 22, more than likely - I think - he gets convicted of DUI. I understand these cases are difficult to win by any DA, but considering Marshawn's stature as a public figure, I think they will do a darn good job. Alameda DA's as known for being pretty good and pretty tough. Cheif Justice Earl Warren comes from Alameda, so that's got to say something about Alameda DA's.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Too bad this didn't happen in Washington, it takes a good dozen or so DUIs before we actually toss someone in jail on a conviction. :roll:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NinerLifer":35u3stx7 said:
I don't have any sympathy for individuals who choose to drink and drive, so I hope the judge makes an example of him. Which is something that California courts have been starting to do against Celeb's and those who appear to go on acting like the laws of "common men" don't apply to them.

Since this isn't Lynch's first incident with drunk driving, I doubt that he gets let off easy.
I have a low tolerance for stupidity, and you are starting to piss me off. The legal limit is supposed to be just that. If he blew the legal limit at the scene, as he did according to his attorney, then this will be an easy case to defend.

I'm sure you are perfect, and have never done anything bad, so your perspective might be a little skewed. The legal limit used to be .10, and then it got reduced to .08. Your pompous argument reminds me of the ninnies back in the 70's and 80's who would complain about people going too fast in a 55mph zone, when the limit previously was 70mph and the roads were designed for 80+.

I don't have any sympathy for hypocrites, so I hope you get busted for dui after having some cough syrup.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1qujndxp said:
NinerLifer":1qujndxp said:

I have a low tolerance for stupidity, and you are starting to piss me off. The legal limit is supposed to be just that. If he blew the legal limit at the scene, as he did according to his attorney, then this will be an easy case to defend.

I'm sure you are perfect, and have never done anything bad, so your perspective might be a little skewed. The legal limit used to be .10, and then it got reduced to .08. Your pompous argument reminds me of the ninnies back in the 70's and 80's who would complain about people going too fast in a 55mph zone, when the limit previously was 70mph and the roads were designed for 80+.

I don't have any sympathy for hypocrites, so I hope you get busted for dui after having some cough syrup.

Ummm....ok.

His lawyer said he blew 0.08, the police say he blew OVER it, but won't actually release the actual BAC level yet because it is one of their rules apparently according to an article I read. His lawyer is payed to do his job and create the sense of optimism. If you can't understand that....

And I won't touch your immaturity of hoping I get pulled over for a DUI.

Sleep it off!

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawkboi":1jr53r5o said:
I think we're talking about this more than his Attorney will have to talk with the Prosecuting Attorney to make a plea work things out and get Marshawn back in the game... Don't think he'll be suspended, it's not like it's the first or last in a case like this.... DUI might be dropped, the court system has more to deal with than this... a .08 or even a .10 is nothing compared to what most people leaving a bar or party can test for. No illeigal drugs in system and nobody hurt, and a good Attorney... He's a big boy and things do happen and I think he'll be fine...

Call me a prude, but if he drove under the influence, I think he should get nailed for it and should get suspended. I like Lynch, and love the team, but some things are bigger than sports. Justice and public safety are among those things.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
McGruff":7q3l1g87 said:
Hawkboi":7q3l1g87 said:

Call me a prude, but if he drove under the influence, I think he should get nailed for it and should get suspended. I like Lynch, and love the team, but some things are bigger than sports. Justice and public safety are among those things.

Exactly!

Not sure how anybody on here could feel otherwise, unless they like sharing the road with people who at any moment could change their lives forever in a negative way.

McGruff

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3bd7vc5h said:
McGruff":3bd7vc5h said:

Exactly!

Not sure how anybody on here could feel otherwise, unless they like sharing the road with people who at any moment could change their lives forever in a negative way.

Now I feel dirty . . .

NinerLifer

Reaction score
McGruff":1ijdxd2k said:
NinerLifer":1ijdxd2k said:
McGruff":1ijdxd2k said:

Exactly!

Now I feel dirty . . .

No need to feel dirty man just because you have common sense.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
NinerLifer":358c52ky said:
Blitzer88":358c52ky said:

Actually I believe this is his first incident with drunk driving. He's gotten into trouble in the past for a weapons charge and a hit and run (drunk lady ran into the street, hit her at low speed, drove away).

Largent80

Reaction score
While Lynch is undeniably a huge part of the team he is only one player. We have Turbin with a year under his belt and Mike Rob, who is a pretty good blocker and pass receiver.

Michael may prove to be a load as well, so the running game for Seattle is in pretty good shape. Oh, Harvin can also line up in the backfield.

We have multiple weapons to keep the ship sailing.

Giedi

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2ifc4lw9 said:
Giedi":2ifc4lw9 said:
Cheif Justice Earl Warren comes from Alameda, so that's got to say something about Alameda DA's.
Complete and total non sequitur.
Latin was never my strong suit. :mrgreen:

If he loses his argument to keep the evidence out, it could be all she wrote. Just saying...