Marshawn During Media Day

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
One of the NFL Network Anchors said something to the effect "Marshawn hit it out of the park"

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I didn't think it was possible to be more of a Lynch Fan until today. After watching his interview with Prime I had to go watch the E60 interview again. Hard not to watch that and think this guy is deserving (if not destined) for greatness.

[youtube]d3cWjT9lpZc[/youtube]

SeaTown81

Reaction score
It was hilarious watching the whole thing play out. The NFL Network talking heads were going off about Lynch leaving the building after 6 minutes, ripping him a new one. Then a camera spots him and Prime Time does his interview. They cut back to the talking heads who proceed to gush about him. Classic.

CaptBennett

Reaction score
What the hell Deon, why are you leaning against the railing? I don't know about any of you, but I would feel uncomfortable under that situation too. Marshawn handled that perfectly.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
baltimoreravens":223qt8ii said:
Watched this on NFL.com, worst coverage ever. The only stories they tell are about Sherman's big mouth and Lynch hiding from the media. (And knowing a little about Lynch, I'm sure he hated being a headline.) How about a real story like Derrick Coleman? Shameful.
That's the media for you. They're all about pomp and not circumstance. And yeah, Coleman is a great story.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That interview gave me chills. Lynch is ready unleash Beast Mode today, I can't even imagine the wrath and damage he's going to unleash on Sunday.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Haha! ESPN Superb Owl special mentioned a Puyallup butcher created a spicy sausage that went with a bag of skittles to honor Marshawn Lynch. This leads Mike Turico to ask, "Damien Woody, what would it take for you to eat Beast Mode sausage?"

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1m2bhfy2 said:
jjinwa":1m2bhfy2 said:
Some woman asked Sherm something about 'all of you football guys going into strip clubs and throwing money down onto the girls--how do you protect the girls', or something like that. hard to hear. was really weird.

Richard: 'well, I don't go into strip clubs...'. and then went on about how anybody can make anything of themselves.

Listening to the voice of the reporter who asked that question.. it sounded a LOT like Jessica Williams from the Daily Show so I'm HOPING it was for a bit.

Seahawks + Daily Show together?! God I love Superbowl week. :179417:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":4ezg9wcc said:
Haha! ESPN Superb Owl special mentioned a Puyallup butcher created a spicy sausage that went with a bag of skittles to honor Marshawn Lynch. This leads Mike Turico to ask, "Damien Woody, what would it take for you to eat Beast Mode sausage?"

Tumblr mst17fT5891sgl0ajo1 500

FANTASTIC.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Easley is my favorite player of all time.

Can't yet say for sure, but MVP level play from Lynch this Sunday and I may be writing a letter of apology to #45.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Lynch talked for a grand total of 6 mins in the first round of interviews and then another 3 minutes for the Deon interview.

Go read the crap underneath the film clips online, at least HALF are people mocking his intelligence. There are people ridiculing him, making fun of his speech and mannerisms and picking apart everything he says.

It should be no shock that he doesn't want to speak since just a tiny few minutes of answering a few questions has people taking the opportunity to mock him. Who wants to enable that?

The funny part is that for all the BS, Lynch gives really intelligent grounded answers when given the chance.

The perfect example was the E60 special where they asked his response to people that called him a "thug". He pointed out how someone that came from struggling for everything was suddenly put in a situation where they had access to whatever they wanted and naturally struggled with understanding how to handle that. Then he asked if his detractors would have been able to act differently. It was a very powerful and thoughtful answer.

Another interview they asked him about whether some football incident (I cannot remember which one) was a "low point" for him. He remarked that it wasn't a low point, a low point was when he had nothing to eat and was worried about how he could get his jeans clean in time so he didn't have to wear wet jeans to school or at least iron them for a bit so at least they would be warm for a little while. It made light of the reporter's assumption of what struggle really was and how he knew just how blessed he was.

Neither answer was the kind that an idiot would make, just because he expresses himself differently does not make me doubt his intelligence at all. And frankly, his assessment that doing interviews was just going to result in more people mocking him or twisting his words makes it clear he is not even close to dumb.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Those people that can only comment and try and cut down Lynch on the internet are losers though so I don't care what they post.

Every team's fans in the NFL would love to have Lynch on their team, I bet Buffalo wishes they still had him and that's all I need to know.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Marshawn is doing things his own way. I have big respect for that. And that Sanders interview is priceless.