Maragos signs with Eagles

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Awesome to see our guys finding new homes so quickly. Curious to see our comp picks next season.

getnasty

Reaction score
Cool to see guys like him get a chance to start. Great special teamer, horrible holder on fg's.

McGruff

Reaction score
Maragos' contract is pretty small (3 years, 4 million). Not starter money. Seems like he'll play a similar role there that he played here. Deep reserve and special teams demon.

That's probably what we valued him as, but I think the team is really high on Shead, and figures to feature him more cheaply in that role.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Shead has some big shoes to fill. ST now becomes a focus. If Maragos left, can Farwell be far behind?

uncle fester

Reaction score
Earl now has no back-up.

This is not good. I was quietly hoping Calvin Pryor might be a good investment at pick 32. Now I'd happily trade up for him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Anybody remember Maragos "special" play vs the Titans?

drdiags

Reaction score
Maragos was close to getting cut last year if he hadn't restructured. Good for him to find a home with a little security. Thanks for the service and best of luck with the Eagles (for some reason I thought he would end up in Washington, surprised to hear the Eagles signed him).

McGruff

Reaction score
uncle fester":d20wti40 said:
Earl now has no back-up.

This is not good. I was quietly hoping Calvin Pryor might be a good investment at pick 32. Now I'd happily trade up for him.

Look for Shead to move there. He's considerably bigger than Earl, but is a former CB with speed to spare. They also signed Terrance Parks to a futures contract, and have the whole draft to go too.

Backups will come and go from this team. I liked Maragos. Great character guy. But the fact that he signed for so little tells me this wasn't about Chris, it was about the coaches belief in the guys on the roster.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Sad to see everyone go, but happy for him. Eagles need safety help pretty bad, especially after missing out on Jarius Byrd.

Time for Shead to step up.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Good for Ghost. Redskins were also reportedly very interested.

2nd round tender on Jeron Johnson is looking pretty brilliant right now.

uncle fester

Reaction score
McGruff":a3tcbffz said:
uncle fester":a3tcbffz said:
Earl now has no back-up.

Look for Shead to move there. He's considerably bigger than Earl, but is a former CB with speed to spare. They also signed Terrance Parks to a futures contract, and have the whole draft to go too.

Backups will come and go from this team. I liked Maragos. Great character guy. But the fact that he signed for so little tells me this wasn't about Chris, it was about the coaches belief in the guys on the roster.

Fair enough, but I thought Shead was an SS and Kam's back-up? That's how it played out last season, at least.

Also, forgive me if I remain unconvinced about Parks - cut twice from the same CFL team, and only one of those cuts being due to injury. That's more than a simple 'next man up' from Earl Thomas, standard playing time restrictions aside.

Hawks46

Reaction score
McGruff":1x8ozw6y said:
uncle fester":1x8ozw6y said:
Earl now has no back-up.

Agreed. Just because we're losing backups, it doesn't mean we're not upgrading the positions. The few times we saw Maragos out there, he actually looked a bit frightened to be on the field other than STs. I wish him luck.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
To all that are crucifying Maragos for the one very-noticeable mistake he made, just stop already, because you obviously haven't watched anything near his entire body of work. To add to this, John Ryan tweeted that he's best special teams player he's ever seen. Big shoes to fill for the next man up.

mikeak

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2dr9y8k2 said:
Shadyhawk182":2dr9y8k2 said:
Our superbowl family is being torn apart.

.....one player at a time! See saw it last year with the Ravens.

Slight difference with who the Ravens lost and who we are losing. We haven't lost a single guy that was a must keep guy

McGruff

Reaction score
DeShawn Shead . . . as a corner or safety

40 - 4.56 seconds would've put him in the top 20 at DB this year
BP - 24 reps would've been #1 at his position
VJ - 38 inches would've put him in the top 10
BJ - 121 inches, top 20
3C - 6.76 seconds, top 5

The dude is a freakish athlete for a DB his size.

Latest posts