Manny's Pale Ale at the Clink

zelter

Reaction score
Hey all - anybody know if I can get some Manny's Pale ale at the stadium sunday?
I will be on the upper deck -section 342 -and hoping they serve Manny's
Thanks

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Not sure how readily available and at what Service Counter? But, Manny is sold at Clink Field...You'll just have to look for it and have plenty of cash or a good amount on your credit card... :thirishdrinkers:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly where but I know there is mannys up there, I think I saw it near the walk-in team store at the north part of the stadium.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If you can't find Manny's, you can always grab a Mac & Jack's African Amber. They're VERY similar beers, and both are fantastic.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15q3ka38 said:
If you can't find Manny's, you can always grab a Mac & Jack's African Amber. They're VERY similar beers, and both are fantastic.

Manny's has a bit more of a bitter after taste imo. I prefer the Mack & Jack's.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Mack & Jack's is probably my favorite. I'd say it's one of the most popular, if not THE most popular beer in this area.

StoneCold

Reaction score
If you like Manny's Pale Ale you should try another fine Brew from Georgetown Brewing, Lucille IPA. Only available on tap, or as a growler from a few big wine and ale stores. Lucille is mmm mmm fine!

SC
AKA HopHead

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm good with Mannys or Mack and Jacks. I heard that Mannys was actually made by the brewer who invted Mack and Jacks...either way I'd take both over Shock Top or whatever else they normally serve at the Clink.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ZagHawk":285lu44f said:
I'm good with Mannys or Mack and Jacks. I heard that Mannys was actually made by the brewer who invted Mack and Jacks...either way I'd take both over Shock Top or whatever else they normally serve at the Clink.
There is no relation between Mac & Jack's and Manny's as far as who created what or anything that I know of.

They are both fantastic beers that are quite similar, though. If you like one, you HAVE to like the other.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Last year you could get Manny's at one of the vendors by the Tundra display on the 300 level south end.

OP
OP
zelter

zelter

Reaction score
Thanks all - I will look near the Tundra display and also be on the lookout for Mac & Jacks

Subzero717

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":11jbir6l said:
ZagHawk":11jbir6l said:
There is no relation between Mac & Jack's and Manny's as far as who created what or anything that I know of.

They are both fantastic beers that are quite similar, though. If you like one, you HAVE to like the other.

I heard the same from several people. Manny or whatever his/her real name is was the one that created it and then wanted a chunk of the action when it took off. They said no and he started Georgetown. I don't know if it is or isn't fact but I've heard the same thing from half a dozen people. ****edit- on the Georgetown brewery wiki it states that Manny was Mack and Jacks very first employee and that he left. I'm sure for legal reasons they can't say too much but you can draw the conclusion you choose to.

Mac and Jacks and Manny's are similar. I tend to lean towards Manny's. It does have a bitter bite to it. It also matters where in the keg you are.

It is also true that Mac and Jacks is probably the most popular beer in the area. I believe right now they are the second largest in state brewery behind Red Hook. I find that impressive for not bottling. Although from my experience and its not like I conducted a scientific research investigation but in the city limits you typically find both and sometimes just Manny's. I can't recall other than once, maybe seeing Mack and Jacks with no Manny's. Outside Seattle city limits its a lot of Mack and Jacks no Manny's.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Before the jags game safeco had mannys for five bucks a beer. Lets just say i took advantage of the situation. Not sure if they will still have it because baseball season is over. Worth checking out though. :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
zelter

zelter

Reaction score
Just a quick update - Went to the Titans game yesterday - After asking 3 vendors on the top level who were all selling Bud and telling me there is no Manny's I did find the vendor. The booth was across from IVARs and a little to the right. Tasted wonderful on a beautiful afternoon watching the Seahawks win. (even if the game was a little too close for some)
$9.75 a glass - overpriced of course, but where better to have a pint.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
No sense in complaining about the prices at the game.

Yes they are high but they have to be to even be available.

There are only so many events per year. 10 seahawks games, and maybe some of those venders open for sounders games? Not sure. But to justify the cost of having the space at the stadium for your business and all the employees and overhead when you only have X amount of events per year, the cost has to be high.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Interesting, I didn't know Manny was one of the early guys at Mac & Jack's. I wonder what Mac & Jack think about him using a very similar recipe? Maybe he helped create M&J's African Amber, so they are just agreeing not to war with each other as long as they both stay a little different? Who knows?

Latest posts