Manning's legacy

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The more I think about it, just WHAT in the hell was Manning trying to audible on the FIRST play? The Hawks come out in the same defense they always do and Manning is in the shotgun over analyzing the defense.

Who does that?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3a3pxak5 said:
The more I think about it, just WHAT in the hell was Manning trying to audible on the FIRST play? The Hawks come out in the same defense they always do and Manning is in the shotgun over analyzing the defense.

Who does that?

Actually... I take it back. That was just 100 percent 12th man period. When the players are mic'd up it lessens the effect of the noise and we can hear the snap count but the center truly heard nothing.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":cg9zvjkw said:

Who does that?
This is what I hate about Manning, his over analyzing of defense all the time. Most times it works out, mostly because it is fake. To me it bores me when watching him play

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":20nyue6j said:
loafoftatupu":20nyue6j said:

Who does that?

Actually... I take it back. That was just 100 percent 12th man period. When the players are mic'd up it lessens the effect of the noise and we can hear the snap count but the center truly heard nothing.
Pey Pey admitted as much.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3ixb97u5 said:
loafoftatupu":3ixb97u5 said:
loafoftatupu":3ixb97u5 said:

Who does that?

The center flat-out said it after the game, too. It was beautiful. :179417:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RolandDeschain":3vu5prw0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3vu5prw0 said:
loafoftatupu":3vu5prw0 said:
The center flat-out said it after the game, too. It was beautiful. :179417:

I can't be the only one who finds it hard to believe that at the Super Bowl, a neutral site with a maximum of 50%-60% Seahawks fans in a circular, open air stadium, could really make enough noise to render Manning's snap count completely inaudible. Lotta beachfront properties up for sale in Arizona, I heard too. Sure, they were loud. Maybe the amount of noise took them by surprise and put them off their game, but to claim it made it as bad as frenzied conditions in the CLink? Hardly.

I'm sure Peyton Manning did claim exactly that. I mean, who wants to admit that a little more noise than he was expecting completely threw him for a loop and messed him all up? "I uh, couldn't hear a thing, boss. I swear. Those 40,000 Seahawks fans at the game were louder than anything I've ever heard in my entire life. Yea, that's the ticket."

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Their center said he thought he heard Manning call for the snap, and he was wrong. That's it. I didn't hear any claims that it was as loud as the Clink, just that it was louder than they anticipated. Every neutral party in existence also said the same thing; network analysts and such all calling it by far the loudest Super Bowl they've ever been to, so...

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
They didn't go to a silent count for dramatic effect, that is for sure. The 12th Man truly did strike on the first play of the game. Pretty awesome, really, that the 12th Man ended up not only spotting us two points, but also the ball, to start the game.

Latest posts