Malcom Smith

lukerguy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone brought this up..Did anyone see he was top 10 in the league in Tackles last season with 122? He also had 4 sacks. Good for you Malcom! I'll also remember him catching the "tip" and returning the Pick 6 in SB 48.

Decimation

Reaction score
Good for him! Hope he has success wherever he goes. I will always remember the impact he had in both the NFCC and the SuperBowl. Him catching the tip and that pick six were key plays to get us our first Lombardi!

kearly

Reaction score
Oakland's defense was on the field a LOT, so those numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

Smith was a nice player for Seattle. Kind of like the Jeremy Lane of the LB corps.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":1c30vimv said:
I'm not sure if anyone brought this up..Did anyone see he was top 10 in the league in Tackles last season with 122? He also had 4 sacks. Good for you Malcom! I'll also remember him catching the "tip" and returning the Pick 6 in SB 48.

His pick 6 versus the Rams was pretty special too. Pleased he's doing well.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Malcom will be one of many who will someday raise the 12 flag, two of the highlights played to introduce him will be the catch of Richard's "tip" and the Cliff and Michael induced "pick six" on Ground Hogs Day 2014.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
It was a rush of inexpressible emotion watching Malcolm Smith pick off that pass (thanks to Cliff Avril) and run it back for the TD to make it 22-0...then hearing my youngest son announce, "Dad, the SEAHAWKS are going to win the Super Bowl." Enough to make a grown man sob uncontrollably while simultaneously hollering in utter joy. Probably the best feeling I've ever had as a Seahawks fan following them since the franchise began... knowing the Hawks had come to play and were in command of Super Bowl XLVIII.

THEN... to SHAKE Malcolm Smith's hand the next day... mere hours after he had just picked off Peyton Manning like that was surreal. Got a picture of 2 of my kids decked out in their Jersey's with The Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl MVP at Walt Disney World here in Orlando. Malcolm appreciated their effort to transform Russell's #3 Jersey temporarily into #53 in his honor!

Indelible memory with my 2 favorite football fans... capped off perfectly by meeting the guy who fittingly represented the depth of contributors on that 2013 team. Maybe there were better candidates for MVP, but Malcolm Smith drove the dagger into the heart of the Broncos after Cliff Avril gave him the weapon. An absolutely beautiful moment in sports history.