Malcom Butler arrested for DUI

xray

Reaction score
Butler still claims that what tipped him off to that play , was when the Hawks broke the huddle , he saw Lynch mouth the words WTF ?

nanomoz

Reaction score
He is probably still celebrating that interception.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I read somewhere it was brandon browner telling him to watch for it or perhaps im thinkin of another ex seahawk as I'm not gonna look up new egglands roster at the time

BASF

Reaction score
I read somewhere it was brandon browner telling him to watch for it or perhaps im thinkin of another ex seahawk as I'm not gonna look up new egglands roster at the time
It was Browner that brought it to Belichick's attention because we practiced it over and over while he was on the team. Of course, Belichick is the best defensive mind in the history of football and figured out the defense for it. The Patriots performed it to perfection, especially dominating the center and right guard who are responsible for opening the passing lane. Once Unger and Sweezy failed at the passing lane, Russ threw high and late, causing the interception.

@keasley45 has a picture of the exact moment that the ball should have been thrown and we would have won.

Bevell should have called a different play. If he had designed a variation of that play that went to the outside, Lockette would have had a walk in touchdown and Wilson would have had his coveted MVP. Bevell is to blame, despite what anyone else says. Followed by Unger and Sweezy for getting their lunches handed to them on that play.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I’m still curious as to why Butler was benched in the Super Bowl after us. Anyone know?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It was Browner that brought it to Belichick's attention because we practiced it over and over while he was on the team. Of course, Belichick is the best defensive mind in the history of football and figured out the defense for it. The Patriots performed it to perfection, especially dominating the center and right guard who are responsible for opening the passing lane. Once Unger and Sweezy failed at the passing lane, Russ threw high and late, causing the interception.

@keasley45 has a picture of the exact moment that the ball should have been thrown and we would have won.

Bevell should have called a different play. If he had designed a variation of that play that went to the outside, Lockette would have had a walk in touchdown and Wilson would have had his coveted MVP. Bevell is to blame, despite what anyone else says. Followed by Unger and Sweezy for getting their lunches handed to them on that play.
I think the bold above needed to be executed correctly is all.
Granted after the fact it's easy to say it was a bad call but what
if a different call had failed as well?

BASF

Reaction score
I think the bold above needed to be executed correctly is all.
Granted after the fact it's easy to say it was a bad call but what
if a different call had failed as well?
The play is designed to be thrown before Wilson threw it. It needed to be thrown between the right guard (who is supposed to turn his DT to his left) and the right tackle (who is supposed to turn his DE to the right). Giacomini did his job, but not as well as he could have. Sweezy got blown into the passing lane and Unger was also collapsed into it. That forced Wilson to hesitate and then throw high and late.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The play is designed to be thrown before Wilson threw it. It needed to be thrown between the right guard (who is supposed to turn his DT to his left) and the right tackle (who is supposed to turn his DE to the right). Giacomini did his job, but not as well as he could have. Sweezy got blown into the passing lane and Unger was also collapsed into it. That forced Wilson to hesitate and then throw high and late.
Correct but Me3 as a QB should understand once he hesitated the play
was screwed and do anything but throw to that route.
To me it's on him.

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score
I’m still curious as to why Butler was benched in the Super Bowl after us. Anyone know?