Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?

uncle fester

Reaction score
The thing that always annoys me is you can never see the outside WRs on deep routes until they're 20 yards down the field. Being able to spin the view, post-snap as well as pre-snap would be handy.

Although, it must be said, I did once lose to the Rams - offline - 52-7 at home. Three straight fumbled kickoff returns, from the opener, taken for TDs, followed by two RB fumbles taken back for 6. I was 35-0 down before the start of the second quarter.

So, y'know random fumbles annoy me too. Or maybe the coders are Rams fans.

OP
OP
M

mretrade

Reaction score
What annoys me is I downloaded the rosters online but I can't play franchise mode with them. I want preexisting injures.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I played against the Cardinals last night, and holy crap. Bruce Arians looks like a melting monster from an old horror flick.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3kykidyg said:
I played against the Cardinals last night, and holy crap. Bruce Arians looks like a melting monster from an old horror flick.

And Pete is jacked up in the shoulders.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Basis4day":rxabl9q9 said:
HawkFan72":rxabl9q9 said:

And Pete is jacked up in the shoulders.

He's like a buff hunchback.

OP
OP
M

mretrade

Reaction score
Had a great online game last night vs the Ravens. It was tied 14-14 heading into OT. We both got defensive stops in OT and I ended up slowly marching down field and won the game on a screen pass to Kendall Hunter.

Tical21

Reaction score
muxpux":ppdksicg said:
i picked it up around 1, been playing all afternoon, havent ran into anyone else yet playing with the hawks, but im getting sick of playing the 9ers.
I LIVE to play against the 49ers in that game. I get so jacked when I see somebody is the 49ers.

therealsm

Reaction score
Owner mode seems pretty cool. Need to control the Niners so I can move them to Afghanistan. And then put the Jaguars in LA, and then move a team to Portland.

TravTex

Reaction score
I like Owner mode, moving teams around -- The limited choices don't bother me, as it lets 'em have some specific commentary/logos/uniforms. One run-through like four teams bolted at the same time, haha. I moved the Jags to London, Oakland moved to San Antonio, St.Louis to Los Angeles, and... oh, crap, I forget the fourth. Have seen teams move to Chicago pretty frequently, too.

Thinking of starting a Franchise and moving Oakland to Salt Lake, y'know, for the whole 'Turn the Davis' family's 'Bad Boys of Football' into Mormons' angle.

TravTex

Reaction score
Ended up moving the Raiders to become the Sacramento Miners -- Kinda like the uniforms. Very... Cal Golden Bears-esque. 5-11 first season, fired my entire staff.

Haven't been able to get a QB. The draft was all full of suck. Burned one of my extra first rounders to move up and grab a DE who immediately sacked Ben Roethlisbergererer three times in a preseason quarter of football. We still have Matt Flynn starting, and... well, suck is a strong word. He's the Trent Dilfer to my Super Bowl Ravens... only our defense isn't that good. And our offense isn't that good. And we're not that good. Kendall Hunter was the best available fit for RB, though we did snag a late-round rookie with some potential.

Meanwhile -- at the beginning of the second season, Tampa Bay announced a move to become the Portland River Hogs. Har. Also, more oddly, a team too irrelevant to remember decided to move to become the Dublin Celtic Tigers. Take that, Londo-- er, wait. No London team, yet. NFL is starting out in Dublin, snork.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
So in owner mode the CPU regularly moves teams all around the US/world?

Is there a way to turn it off? It's a bit unrealistic.

uncle fester

Reaction score
TravTex":32fpgrts said:
Ended up moving the Raiders to become the Sacramento Miners -- Kinda like the uniforms. Very... Cal Golden Bears-esque. 5-11 first season, fired my entire staff.

Haven't been able to get a QB. The draft was all full of suck. Burned one of my extra first rounders to move up and grab a DE who immediately sacked Ben Roethlisbergererer three times in a preseason quarter of football. We still have Matt Flynn starting, and... well, suck is a strong word. He's the Trent Dilfer to my Super Bowl Ravens... only our defense isn't that good. And our offense isn't that good. And we're not that good. Kendall Hunter was the best available fit for RB, though we did snag a late-round rookie with some potential.

Meanwhile -- at the beginning of the second season, Tampa Bay announced a move to become the Portland River Hogs. Har. Also, more oddly, a team too irrelevant to remember decided to move to become the Dublin Celtic Tigers. Take that, Londo-- er, wait. No London team, yet. NFL is starting out in Dublin, snork.

Ah, this made me chuckle :) Thanks!

TravTex

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1ypxuc1n said:
So in owner mode the CPU regularly moves teams all around the US/world?

Is there a way to turn it off? It's a bit unrealistic.

You can set it so you're the only one allowed. The other teams are pretty irresponsible about it.

TravTex

Reaction score
Damned if Kendall Hunter didn't go off in the first regular season Sacramento Miners game. Dude busted out for a 54 yard TD on a midfield draw play, then followed up with an 86 yard scamper out of the wildcat.

Denver got owned at home, 41-24.

Peyton still got like 400 yards and two TDs, somehow.

muxpux

Reaction score
second season in offline career mode, the rams moved to LA, and became the LA All-Stars (HIDEOUS yellow and pale blue unis), and had a blip on the twitter feed about the "Oilers" breaking ground on a new stadium in Houston. wtf?

TravTex

Reaction score
Finally got a decent statistical game last night after some pretty drastic slider modifications -- I was hanging out at #1 offense and #32 defense no matter the roster. QBs are WAY too accurate. Seems near impossible to throw an incomplete pass on default settings (Unless it's an interception... point being not many footballs bounce off the turf.)

Decimation

Reaction score
Thinking about getting this game. Getting bored of Madden 13. Is it worth the 60 bucks? Owner mode looks pretty intriguing, but would like to hear some opinions about M25.

Cartire

Reaction score
Decimation":1l334tos said:
Thinking about getting this game. Getting bored of Madden 13. Is it worth the 60 bucks? Owner mode looks pretty intriguing, but would like to hear some opinions about M25.

-They fixed most of the annoying limbs that bend crazily when falling or tackling.
-When you run behind a lineman, you dont just fall down now, you actually push off of them like a non retard
-Animations as a whole are cleaner with an occasional hiccup (running looks way better)
-Running mechanics along with blocking (sometimes) is overall better then 13
-Seahawks online roster is stacked.

Overall, a better then most yearly releases. A noticeable upgrade over the last.

TravTex

Reaction score
Yeah, I do like the running updates. Run into the back of a lineman and things progress a little more naturally.

In a related funny, on a kickoff return I actually weaved into one of my own blockers while trying to cut back. Nary a defender lay a finger on me, went into the stumbling animation and went down. That'll be on sportscenter.