MacIntosh?

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
I know all the talk is about K9 and Zach...I am curious why no mention of Kenny McIntosh...I know he didn't play las year...but in Grubb's offense and pass catching elements I could see him really doing pretty well as a situational / third down piece...

JPatera76

Reaction score
He was imo phenomenal at Georgia. I honestly feel PC was "playing" games with "his injury" and the NFL. So Seattle might get an extra year from him or whatever. Pete always seemed each year to have 1 player he did that with since the SB loss.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If he steps up, do we need 3 RBs in Grubbs O?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I know all the talk is about K9 and Zach...I am curious why no mention of Kenny McIntosh...I know he didn't play las year...but in Grubb's offense and pass catching elements I could see him really doing pretty well as a situational / third down piece...
No real reason to mention him yet if we're talking about the actual production outlook for next year.

Not to be derisive or dismissive of the guy, but there's nothing to indicate he's actually deserving of playing time yet. He's just got additional name recognition because he fell in the draft, but he did fall for a reason. He's a pretty large outlier in speed/agility testing who didn't really produce that well at Georgia.

At the end of the day, he's a young dude drafted in the asscrack of a seventh who started his career off injured. If he has enough juice to stick around through a regime change, that rocks - but I don't expect him on the 53 come September.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
If he has enough juice to stick around through a regime change, that rocks - but I don't expect him on the 53 come September.
You really think they're going to release him with a full (and very cheap) rookie contract ahead of him and risk him getting poached? I can't really say I agree man. I mean, we didn't see much of him because we didn't  need to, but I think Grubb is going to love him and use him very wisely.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
No real reason to mention him yet if we're talking about the actual production outlook for next year.

Not to be derisive or dismissive of the guy, but there's nothing to indicate he's actually deserving of playing time yet. He's just got additional name recognition because he fell in the draft, but he did fall for a reason. He's a pretty large outlier in speed/agility testing who didn't really produce that well at Georgia.

At the end of the day, he's a young dude drafted in the asscrack of a seventh who started his career injured. If he has enough juice to stick around through a regime change, that rocks - but I don't expect him on the 53 come September.

Perhaps special teams might be a fit. But if not, go ahead and cut him.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
You really think they're going to release him with a full (and very cheap) rookie contract ahead of him and risk him getting poached? I can't really say I agree man. I mean, we didn't see much of him because we didn't  need to, but I think Grubb is going to love him and use him very wisely.
RBs aren't guys that you just stash for awhile. If they are playmakers, they get playing time.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
RBs aren't guys that you just stash for awhile. If they are playmakers, they get playing time.
Right, but he was 4th in line behind Walker, Charbs, and Dallas; the RB room wasn't exactly all JAGs. Like I said, they didn't really need him to contribute. I think Carroll was trying to squeeze another year out of him by redshirting him last year

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I know it seems counter-intuitive, but just following the numbers here, he's got an uphill battle.

The numbers say it's more likely than not. The majority of sixth and seventh round picks do not make the 53. I believe its like 30-35% of them.

Couple that with McIntosh not being able to win snaps year 1, his already fringe athletic profile, and a regime change cutting out any goodwill he had already bought with the outgoing staff, and you've essentially got a guy who is in about as much danger as a redundant middle manager in a company reorganization.

If he wins out and makes the roster, then I'm rooting for him. He's got a fun personality and possible nice skillset as a third down back, but unlike most, I'm trying to remain cognizant of the fact that he's a late seventh rounder who hasn't earned a single snap over anybody. He's just high in name recognition. People, in my estimation, equate his value more with his third round stock in mock drafts than they do his 237th overall selection.

I'm expecting nothing from him. I can't count on guys with that background to contribute any more than I can expect Jerrick Reed to become a starter overnight, and I especially can't wring my hands over him not being handed snaps in real action like it was his birthright or something.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Was Kenny anything But a healthy inactive after returning in December? Because if not, I think we have MacDonalds decision.

chrispy

Reaction score
Maybe Atlanta will overpay in a trade for him just to get Georgia butts in seats. I have faith JS will get some value somehow out of current RB room. Draft day trade?

Rat

Reaction score
That's one of my primary beefs with Pete. We dedicated way too many resources to running backs.
Probably because they were getting injured repeatedly. Penny, Prosise, Carson, Rawls, McKissic, Homer, Walker, Michael... how many games did those guys miss combined? Remember some of the players we had to pick up just to have someone in the backfield?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Probably because they were getting injured repeatedly. Penny, Prosise, Carson, Rawls, McKissic, Homer, Walker, Michael... how many games did those guys miss combined? Remember some of the players we had to pick up just to have someone in the backfield?
It was really rough. Just one less injury to that group in 2019 and we make the NFCCG over the Packers. We had a real team building up there. Needed 2020 to keep that run game trucking. That Let Russ Cook year derailed a great thing.