Lynch Speaks

Greenhell

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":xkt15lx7 said:
kidhawk":xkt15lx7 said:
It's pretty much the standard Lynch when talking to the media....withdrawn and quiet answering the questions asked.

Apart from when he's doing the E60 series...

If it's some kind of joke that Lynch and Kaepernick are in on... it's way over my head. I don't get the picking and choosing of when you're going to act like a jerk to the media.

Don't see the point of this at all. Would've been nice to hear Lynch's actual thoughts on the season.

Just reading his body language he looked very out of place, nervous and uncomfortable.

mistaowen

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1tt2wcs8 said:
Pretty lousy, pointless exercise in futility IMO.

LINK: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... awn-lynch/

The kind of thing we'd hammer Kaepernick or Harbaugh for.

That interview is 100% Belichick material and I love it hahaha

[youtube]TYDKchn6iyM[/youtube]

It's also weird that my buddy used to go to parties at his house in high school cause he played football with his son and banged a girl in his bed which had the Superbowl trophies in a case right next to it.

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
kidhawk":3hkrtsyp said:
Still haven't heard it on the radio, but there is a youtube link of a portion of it

[youtube]tkbcRl7DWlk[/youtube]

Pretty much what we've come to expect from a Lynch media sighting I think

Best interview I've ever seen.

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
Greenhell":3ass5vay said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3ass5vay said:
kidhawk":3ass5vay said:
It's pretty much the standard Lynch when talking to the media....withdrawn and quiet answering the questions asked.

If it's some kind of joke that Lynch and Kaepernick are in on... it's way over my head. I don't get the picking and choosing of when you're going to act like a jerk to the media.

Don't see the point of this at all. Would've been nice to hear Lynch's actual thoughts on the season.

Just reading his body language he looked very out of place, nervous and uncomfortable.

He wasn't nervous, he understand the media.

mistaowen

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1qslzf2h said:
ceej22":1qslzf2h said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1qslzf2h said:
Pretty lousy, pointless exercise in futility IMO.

LINK: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... awn-lynch/

The kind of thing we'd hammer Kaepernick or Harbaugh for.

Or maybe now you realize how ridiculous you are for hammering them for it.

Not at all. I think it's perfectly acceptable.

These players aren't just speaking to the press, they're speaking to the fans. 3-4 minutes out of their lives once a week (or in Lynch's case, once a year) is not a great deal to ask for. As I said in a previous post, I'd quite like to hear Lynch's take on the season and the playoffs.

And it's why I'm grateful that our quarterback and our Head Coach embrace the media and show it the upmost respect, unlike their counterparts in San Francisco.

Also, the fact the you are a part of the media (which I really appreciate what you do) makes me question why you are so upset about this. I'd expect you to see how truly uncomfortable he is in this situation better than most since you have personally interviewed pro athletes. What about Marshawn throughout his career would make you think he enjoys doing this kinda thing or is comfortable talking to the public? Kenny Mayne's 30 for 30 on him going to Applebee's in Buffalo? You only need to watch 5 seconds of this interview to know he is awkward in a public speaking setting.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Wee-Bey":1o585jx6 said:
Greenhell":1o585jx6 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1o585jx6 said:
kidhawk":1o585jx6 said:

He wasn't nervous, he understand the media.

He sure as hell looks uncomfortable and nervous.

253hawk

Reaction score
You can see his shoulders bouncing the whole time (from his hands tapping his legs probably.) He totally does not want to be there.

AgentDib

Reaction score
For some reason the media likes to perpetuate the bonkers notion that good leadership needs to happens with the media as interface. That is absolutely not the case and there are great leaders within locker rooms who never talk to the media at all. Football games are not decided by the press conferences but by the game plan and the performance on the field. Bulletin board material is not a real thing and the Seahawks would be just as good on the field without any press conferences (or with double the amount of press conferences).

The purpose of press conferences is to put faces to names, sell merchandising, and ultimately build the NFL brand with the help of the media. They are good for the NFL as a whole and it is smart for the Seahawks organization to have their coach and better players interact with the fans as much as possible to increase their own portion of the fan base. However, if a player does not want to participate in that then it is mostly their own branding that they are sacrificing and they should absolutely have that option. If Lynch was a charismatic speaker who pandered to the media he would probably sell a few more jerseys, get drafted a few slots higher in fantasy drafts every year, and have prospects for entering the media once his career was over. That is his tradeoff to make.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I think we are all kinda spoiled because we have a lot of people who are pretty comfortable with the media, and our media mainstays are really good.

Some of us were kicking the same subject around on Twitter, and it at least seemed that the interviews he had, that he was more relax in, where one on one, rather that in front of a gaggle of reporters.

Still, that doesn't fully explain why he shutdown RRR after that first hammy and totally relaxed session he had...oh well.

I'm happy to at least hear something from him, as the media is the only outlet we have.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Yeah - I don't see how Lynch comes off bad in this vid.
It's who he is.
To thine own self be true.

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
Greenhell":4eekgyu2 said:
He sure as hell looks uncomfortable and nervous.

Looks more like disdain. Answers were clear and concise, he was just flippant.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
The first thing that came into my mind was KP and his uncomfortable interviews. This for me was the same. Strange approach from both of them.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkWow":1v7e5yvx said:
he took the role of "you wanna diss me when I'm down, I won't give you sh*t when I'm up".

I kind of feel like you made that up. Prove me wrong.

Seems to me he was nervous, and doesn't enjoy speaking in front of a crowd of people. Nothing more.

rigelian

Reaction score
I get the feeling he's shy and an introvert. Comfortable in his group and not comfortable in the alien environment that is the media. The sense is that if you keep your answers short and concise you're not going to say anything that is going to get anyone upset. I believe the same is pretty much true of Kaepernick.

The horrible thing about all of this, is that by trying to avoid the "mistake" of saying something wrong, people get upset anyway. I don't blame the media, it's their job to ask questions or the players (they often have no choice to answer these questions), but the response of fans is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1kqc704v said:
HawkWow":1kqc704v said:
he took the role of "you wanna diss me when I'm down, I won't give you sh*t when I'm up".

Seems to me he was nervous, and doesn't enjoy speaking in front of a crowd of people. Nothing more.

While I agree with this statement, why would HawkWoW have to prove their view to you? How about this, you disprove their theory and then come back.

Subzero717

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3emyfqfa said:
ImTheScientist":3emyfqfa said:
HawkWow":3emyfqfa said:

While I agree with this statement, why would HawkWoW have to prove their view to you? How about this, you disprove their theory and then come back.

Captain save a Wow?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3dv2h72z said:
Captain save a Wow?

So, because a person called out another on their opinion, and I called them on it, I'm now someones personal savior? You should probably pore through the rest of this forum and designate others as well for doing this, seems like a worthwhile endeavor.

Latest posts