Lynch on Russ

JustTheTip

Reaction score

This is why I still wear my Lynch jersey but not Wilson or ETIII jerseys (and ET was the first jersey I ever purchased as I loved his quite instinctive style early on, wasn't really into the jersey thing and not really into it anymore.) Black, white, gangster, straight-laced persona. None of that really matters, a genuinely good person is a genuinely good person.

I don't know if I agree with Lynch that Russ can still get it done. It feels like even his prep is more about his image than being a great player at this point.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is a national treasure, and must be protected at all costs.

The NFL is no different than any other business, being genuine matters. It's why players respect Marshawn and guys like Geno, and talk crap about players like Wilson. Being phony gets sniffed out quickly.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I watched a Lynch interview with Sherman and Sherm tried to get him to dig on Russ and Lynch wouldn't do it. Called him his brother and that he hopes he comes out of this dark period he was in. Regardless of what you(general sense not someone who's posted) it's refreshing that Lynch didn't let Sherman force his way into talking crap about Wilson. Lynch is his own person and didn't jump in when many would because that's just how people are. Tons of respect for him. Lynch doesn't call Wilson phony he calls him a brother and great of a teammate he was. I get it, everyone wants everyone else to s%^! on Wilson in here but Lynch doesn't do it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I watched a Lynch interview with Sherman and Sherm tried to get him to dig on Russ and Lynch wouldn't do it. Called him his brother and that he hopes he comes out of this dark period he was in. Regardless of what you(general sense not someone who's posted) it's refreshing that Lynch didn't let Sherman force his way into talking crap about Wilson. Lynch is his own person and didn't jump in when many would because that's just how people are. Tons of respect for him. Lynch doesn't call Wilson phony he calls him a brother and great of a teammate he was. I get it, everyone wants everyone else to s%^! on Wilson in here but Lynch doesn't do it.

Lynch's diplomacy is another reason a lot of people respect him. Something Sherman hasn't figured out, you can be real without being abrasive and obnoxious.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Russ was never part of the LOB persona and his relationship with the media was opposite of Marshawns. Lynch words don't surprise me. Of course he wanted the ball etc etc etc. Pete and Bevell let Russ throw the ball. It will never be just one guys fault.

Latest posts