Lynch comes out of the game A LOT

gocougs789

Reaction score
When Turbin is in the game the offense seems to stall. There were a few situations yesterday like 2nd or 3rd and short where Lynch went out. What gives? I know he cant stay in every play but it seems like he comes out more than he should.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
They are trying to keep him fresh. He was worn down by the time the playoffs hit last year. Just trying to keep him healthy for the whole season and hopefully a long playoff run.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Dude runs hard. Needs a breather once in a while. Give him a break.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Its amount of times to we run the ball, we need Lynch to not take as many carries as he has in years past, its a long season and we run the ball a lot.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I kind of wondered the same thing, and I understand the need to keep him fresh. But at the same time I always feel like when we're taking him out of 2nd and especially 3rd down. Just not having him on the field removes a threat to keep the opposing defense on their toes.

DHawk

Reaction score
Why aren't we seeing Michaels at all? Really impressed when he's had his limited touches.

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
If u watch after his runs when he's looking towards the sidelines for personnel changes Alotta the time he try's to stay on asking for another play but they want their beast to come back to the sidelines and gobble a couple more skittles an keep the tank full

Hawknballs

Reaction score
our goal is to run the ball all game and bludgeon the defense. If you do that with one back, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Sure Turbin is no beast mode but even if he gets stop short of where Lynch might, he is still hammering into a tired D-line with fresh legs and force.

We are a team that wants to beat good teams by forcing them to tap out. We know what we are.

sutz

Reaction score
This is something I trust the coaches on. The players are supposed to give 100% every play they're in. It is the coaches' job to 'keep them fresh' for later in the game/season by managing how many snaps they get per game and when.

SSEHAWK

Reaction score
They also see Turbin as a better 3rd down back because he has good hands and quickness. IMO his pass pro sucks compared to Marshawns but thats just my opinion.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I like to see rotating RBs, not only does it keep them fresher in the game, but they will be fresher come the playoffs. IMO it also makes it harder on the defense to get a feel for our rhythm/tendencies.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DHawk":3rnc75f3 said:
Why aren't we seeing Michaels at all? Really impressed when he's had his limited touches.

He's not a great blocker yet. It's basically a giveaway that we're running the ball when he's on the field.

As he improves in that area, he'll probably get more playing time. But right now. Turbin's the more complete player.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
There was at least two times I predicted to my buddy, " alright here comes toe tackle turbin to get tfl on second down" it is becoming fairly predictable.

plyka

Reaction score
gocougs789":2oueehj7 said:
When Turbin is in the game the offense seems to stall. There were a few situations yesterday like 2nd or 3rd and short where Lynch went out. What gives? I know he cant stay in every play but it seems like he comes out more than he should.

It's probably best to keep Lynch fresh as can be. I'd say a backup RB is better than a 90% Lynch. If he is fatigued / tired and he starts falling below 90%, then the team would be better off with a 100% backup. The only concern I have is why is Turbin that backup instead of Christine? Probably for a very good reason, whether it is pass protection or not being 100% confident that he knows the plays, etc. But I'm hoping by the time the playoffs role around, Mr. Michael is the 2nd back, so even when Lynch goes out this team is explosive at the RB spot.

Phteven

Reaction score
I like that we can rotate the RBs. As others have said, it keeps them fresh during the season. But the career of a HB is pretty short. If spelling Lynch regularly keeps his legs fresh in the short term, hopefully it will also extend his career and keep them fresh for a few years longer, too. I'd like to see Lynch on the roster, productive, for as long as possible.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
gocougs789":1ayvoouv said:

He's 4th in the NFL in carries. What exactly do you want out of the guy?

mikeak

Reaction score
There were a lot of back to back running as well. Not just run, pass, pass, run which would keep him fresh. But run, run, pass, run and he did some great freaking work out there.

Rocket

Reaction score
Hawknballs":11ywrh8a said:
our goal is to run the ball all game and bludgeon the defense. If you do that with one back, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Sure Turbin is no beast mode but even if he gets stop short of where Lynch might, he is still hammering into a tired D-line with fresh legs and force.

We are a team that wants to beat good teams by forcing them to tap out. We know what we are.

GOOD POST !!!!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Rocket":1u9me5il said:
Hawknballs":1u9me5il said:

GOOD POST !!!!

I second this. Y'know, as much as I appreciate Marshawn and want to see him on the field making plays, I would be okay seeing less even less of him as a way to preserve him for December through February.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1kszy4bz said:
Rocket":1kszy4bz said:
Hawknballs":1kszy4bz said:

GOOD POST !!!!

I second this. Y'know, as much as I appreciate Marshawn and want to see him on the field making plays, I would be okay seeing less even less of him as a way to preserve him for December through February.

And this is where I'm excited to finally see the 3 back rotation with Lynch, Turbin and Michael pounding it mercilessly.