Luke Willson returns

Tical21

Reaction score
On my list of most despised Seahawks ever. He's a play-watcher in the NFL. You don't see many of those. And he's lead flutist.

Was kind of excited for Hollister for about 15 minutes.

sutz

Reaction score
And the usual band of idiots shows up.

:34853_doh:

Tical21

Reaction score
sutz":33z482g5 said:

Back when I studied a lot more tape than I do now, he literally had the worst tape I had ever seen at the NFL level. I'm assuming he fixed some of what I saw. But there was a whole lot of jog 5 yards, turn around and find the ball and watch. Both in the run game and running routes. It was just bizarre. I don't know how he got onto the field after reviewing that. And it wasn't one week. If was the better part of the '14 season. IMO, the idiots are the guy responsible for bringing him back, and those applauding the move. And you could argue fairly reasonably that techno Thursday was the beginning of the end.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm glad he's back, but I'm not exactly jumping up and down about it. Getting a 5th for an average player like Vannett is a good return, and the 5th round has worked out pretty well in these parts.
Last chance Luke, hopefully you contribute. Damn good dude and a good leader in the locker room.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tical21":2fv0yuii said:
sutz":2fv0yuii said:

Back when I studied a lot more tape than I do now, he literally had the worst tape I had ever seen at the NFL level. I'm assuming he fixed some of what I saw. But there was a whole lot of jog 5 yards, turn around and find the ball and watch. Both in the run game and running routes. It was just bizarre. I don't know how he got onto the field after reviewing that. And it wasn't one week. If was the better part of the '14 season. IMO, the idiots are the guy responsible for bringing him back, and those applauding the move. And you could argue fairly reasonably that techno Thursday was the beginning of the end.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that you know better than John and Pete when it comes to judging NFL talent?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
meh, Vanett was better in every facet. Better hands better blocker.

Tical21

Reaction score
ivotuk":32xtmzzx said:
Tical21":32xtmzzx said:
sutz":32xtmzzx said:

I don't understand this. Are you saying that you know better than John and Pete when it comes to judging NFL talent?
Are you saying everyone who disagrees with any play call believes they know better than Schottenheimer?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I would like to think that most of us would never actually think we know anything close to what Shotty and Pete know about football. I do know his play calling was brutal on Sunday.
Yet against the Steelers, he adjusted well and called a hell of a game imo.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":wjlsetep said:
Really good move overall. Luke is an upgrade over Vannett and got a 5th for it.

nope, Vannett moved the chains last year. 17 first downs. Willlson just isn't very good.

D

DomeHawk

ivotuk":3p33akyr said:
Tical21":3p33akyr said:
sutz":3p33akyr said:

When we get on this rant about the coaches knowing better I would agree but remember, this is the coach that kept Tom Cable around for how many years?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DomeHawk":37uczgd4 said:
ivotuk":37uczgd4 said:
Tical21":37uczgd4 said:
sutz":37uczgd4 said:

When we get on this rant about the coaches knowing better I would agree but remember, this is the coach that kept Tom Cable around for how many years?
Ouch

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1n1h43eh said:
Tical21":1n1h43eh said:
sutz":1n1h43eh said:

LOLOLOL Yeah, Rich, ain't it?
It's not like we really have several Pro-Bowler TE's chomping at the bitt to come here.
Luke only has to play better than Nick Vannet, and HE DOES.