Luck just signed through 2021, 6 years, $140 million

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2bptqkh3 said:
WilsonMVP":2bptqkh3 said:
I like how in your games trailing by 9 points in the 4th quarter the 1 and 2 teams are both opponents of luck in the AFC South :lol:
Yeah, he didn't even see the irony, I'm sure. :D

Also, someone hand him a Football for Dummies book so he can learn that QBs don't play against other QBs; they play against the opposing team's defense. Not to say the other team's offense has no impact on our own offense, that's absurd; but Lord almighty, Hasselbeck. :roll:

What irony? Your entire post was basically insinuating that Andrew Luck has been playing Pop Warner teams his entire career. Every good QB will face some weaker opposition from time to time. Are you going to say Tom Brady isn't good because his division is weak? You knock Luck for the schedule but never seem to mention the Seahawks have had some very cush opponents the last 4 years. It's a stupid argument, but par for the course from you and WilsonMVP on this subject.

Also love the "QBs don't play other QBs" line, yet your entire shtick right now is putting two QBs who face off once every 4 years against each other :lol:

The fact you cannot admit Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson are in two entirely different situations right now is hysterical. There is so much more to this than reading some stat lines off ESPN.com

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":keg3p0g7 said:
RolandDeschain":keg3p0g7 said:
WilsonMVP":keg3p0g7 said:
I like how in your games trailing by 9 points in the 4th quarter the 1 and 2 teams are both opponents of luck in the AFC South :lol:

Also, someone hand him a Football for Dummies book so he can learn that QBs don't play against other QBs; they play against the opposing team's defense. Not to say the other team's offense has no impact on our own offense, that's absurd; but Lord almighty, Hasselbeck. :roll:
As I said upthread he's a huge Luck fan. I still haven't figured out why. But the statistics argument was hilarious.

Yeah using facts to prove things is definitely funny.

I'm not a "huge Luck fan", I'm pointing out the hilarious hypocritical homerish statements comparing two of the best young players in the game.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xtanjtcn said:
MizzouHawkGal":xtanjtcn said:
RolandDeschain":xtanjtcn said:
WilsonMVP":xtanjtcn said:

As I said upthread he's a huge Luck fan. I still haven't figured out why. But the statistics argument was hilarious.

Yeah using facts to prove things is definitely funny.

I'm not a "huge Luck fan", I'm pointing out the hilarious hypocritical homerish statements comparing two of the best young players in the game.
Well I can definitely see that Wilson deserves to be in that category. Luck not so much because outside of 2014 he's been pretty average with some flashes of good. But keep believing the hype if you want to.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is overhyped, and has been before he was in the NFL.
Is that his fault? NO! Overhype made him a very very wealthy man.

On a personal level I actually like the guy, a little dorky, but he seems like a good guy that isn't afraid to make fun of himself.

He doesn't beat up his own mother, doesn't stick a loaded gun to his wife's head, get numerous DWI's or yell bomb at an airport, doesn't spend time doing massive amounts of cocaine followed by alcohol chasers in Vegas and then send out selfies about it.

But, he is overhyped as a QB, sorry to all of those that bought in to the hype and are too stubborn to admit they were wrong.
His massive interception problem isn't caused by being on a bad team surround by no talent (which is a laughable statement in itself) but the product of very poor decision making, PERIOD.

Now can be improve and get over that hurdle, very possible but who knows.
I don't think he sucks, I just don't think he is in the same universe of the "NFL poster boy" that the NFL and others had hyped him to be.

I don't bite usually on QB hype coming out of college, (Not buying Goff either) as it's usually lousy indicator of future performance. There are just as many Tawmy Brady and Russell Wilson types that come out in later rounds that are successful coming from the later rounds than there are successful "can't miss" types that live up to their hype.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2xxiyas1 said:
Andrew Luck is overhyped, and has been before he was in the NFL.
Is that his fault? NO! Overhype made him a very very wealthy man.

On a personal level I actually like the guy, a little dorky, but he seems like a good guy that isn't afraid to make fun of himself.

He doesn't beat up his own mother, doesn't stick a loaded gun to his wife's head, get numerous DWI's or yell bomb at an airport, doesn't spend time doing massive amounts of cocaine followed by alcohol chasers in Vegas and then send out selfies about it.

But, he is overhyped as a QB, sorry to all of those that bought in to th hype and are to stubborn to admit they were wrong.
His massive interception problem isn't caused by being on a bad team surround by no talent (which is a laughable statement in itself) but the product of very poor decision making, PERIOD.

Now can be improve and get over that hurdle, very possible but who knows.
I don't think he sucks, I just don't think he is in the same universe of the "NFL poster boy" that the NFL and others had hyped him to be.

I don't bite usually on QB hype coming out of college, (Not buying Goff either) as it's usually lousy indicator of future performance. There are just as many Tawmy Brady and Russell Wilson types that come out in later rounds that are successful coming from the later rounds than there are successful "can't miss" types that live up to their hype.
GREAT post. Agree with everything you said.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm guessing most everyone would agree that Dan Marino is the best QB to never have gotten a ring.

20 years after Luck's retirement, he won't be a candidate for that discussion whatsoever; assuming he never does get a ring. (He very well might get one.)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":389cu7d7 said:
I'm guessing most everyone would agree that Dan Marino is the best QB to never have gotten a ring.

20 years after Luck's retirement, he won't be a candidate for that discussion whatsoever; assuming he never does get a ring. (He very well might get one.)
He will, if they draft well because they sure won't have the money to do the FA route for at least a couple years. He's a good quarterback just not elite. Put him in Kansas City right now and he's our opposition this February. But Indianapolis is doing everything a** backwards.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tarkenton, Kelly, could also be in the same pool as Marino, Marino was a gifted passing QB, but best with these other two and the games they had played is a balanced Argument.

kearly

Reaction score
The Broncos got two 1st rounders for Jay Cutler. It's not hard to imagine the Colts getting roughly twice that value from an Andrew Luck trade. They won't do it, but they probably should. When considering salary savings, they could probably turn Andrew Luck into 4-6 good players.

Vetamur

Reaction score
All I know is Matt Stafford is probably pretty out stats right now and going to walk in to the Lions FO and demand a raise.

Career rating.. Luck 85.0 Stafford 85.8
Completion % Luck 58.1% Stafford 60.9%
TD % Luck 4.8 Stafford 4.4
Int % Luck 2.6% Stafford 2.7%

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Do you people *really* not know how to quote just a small part of another post, and save the rest of us from scrolling through three feet of stupid-post-graphics over and over?
Also, all you need to know about the entire "Well, RW came into an ideal situation with unstoppable running and unmovable defense" BS is the team record the year before he was drafted vs. his first year. Same running game, same defense. And unlike the colts, the Seahawks didn't deliberately tank an entire season to draft an over-hyped future journeyman.

Vetamur

Reaction score
GeekHawk":exd3mp7h said:
Do you people *really* not know how to quote just a small part of another post, and save the rest of us from scrolling through three feet of stupid-post-graphics over and over?
Also, all you need to know about the entire "Well, RW came into an ideal situation with unstoppable running and unmovable defense" BS is the team record the year before he was drafted vs. his first year. Same running game, same defense. And unlike the colts, the Seahawks didn't deliberately tank an entire season to draft an over-hyped future journeyman.

The GM and the head coach got fired.. so who is it you think purposefully tanked?

If youre going to write such a condescending post I would think youd want it to make sense at least.

"Lets tank this season on purpose..get fired.. and never say a word about it."

And explain to me how you sell that to the players?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
You don't have to sell it to the players. They run the play that's called - see our last offensive play of our last Superbowl. You also don't have to let either the head coach or GM know they're doomed. That team wasn't nearly as bad as their record. You really think that cast was as bad as the 92 Seahawks? There's no way they didn't 'Suck for Luck'...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Vetamur":3uasmnav said:
The GM and the head coach got fired.. so who is it you think purposefully tanked?

If youre going to write such a condescending post I would think youd want it to make sense at least.

I don't know, but we should ask Jim Irsay since his Colts have gone from multiple consecutive good seasons to #1 pick overall the next season to conveniently grab a great QB with them right back up to being a good team again the season after that, twice. They got both Peyton and Luck that way.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RolandDeschain":ydb0izd7 said:
Vetamur":ydb0izd7 said:

I don't know, but we should ask Jim Irsay since his Colts have gone from multiple consecutive good seasons to #1 pick overall the next season to conveniently grab a great QB with them right back up to being a good team again the season after that, twice. They got both Peyton and Luck that way.

It could happen...

[youtube]NbInZ5oJ0bc[/youtube]

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Vetamur":18arqqzv said:
GeekHawk":18arqqzv said:

The reason they tanked is because the QBs behind Manning when he was out and not playing were not really even 2nd string level. They were a 10-6 team the year before with Manning so obviously they werent as bad as that 2-14 record would indicate. I mean when you have QBs such as

Curtis Painter starting 8 games with 6TD/9INT and a 66.6 rating going 0-8
Dan Orlovsky starting 5 games with 6TD/4INT and a 82.4 rating going 2-3
A 39 yo Kerry Collins starting 3 games with 2TD/1INT and a 65.9 rating going 0-3

When your QBs combine for just 14TD with 14INT and 72.2 rating you arent going to win many games....its no secret why the Colts won more games in Lucks rookie year. He is infinetely better than any of those 3 loser QBs.

Just for reference that year if you take the combined stats and compare them to other starting QBs that year. Here is the list of QBs in the low 70s going from highest to lowest

Josh Freeman
Colt Mccoy
Tim Tebow-72.9 rating
Rex Grossman
Sam Bradford
Christian Ponder
John Skelton-68.9 rating
Blaine Gabbert-65.4

What I think is funny is Gabbert actually won 4 games.

Vetamur

Reaction score
If you think they tanked on purpose, then please spell it out in a way that makes sense, again considering everyone responsible for them being so terrible got fired.

I know their QBs sucked after Manning left. To me it looks much, much more like a talent evaluation problem. They thought Painter was ready to take over and be at least a place holder , a la TJack.

It makes zero sense to say the coach and GM got together and decided NOT to get another QB, decided to be an awful team.. presumably with the owners blessing.. Then got fired for doing so. And of course this also means that it should have been obvious to the players what they were doing, but no player then or now has ever said a word about it. No fired coach has ever come forward.

We are supposed to believe that all these coaches and the GM just decided to harm their careers so that Irsay could get Luck , while they were unemployed?

Latest posts