Love me some Tanner McEvoy

randomation

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":yjlez1cv said:
He will make somebody's 53. He's the gamer/athlete profile that fits GB and Pats.

You don't give up a unicorn type player you cut Kearse and if need be Darboh and you keep both him and Kasen.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
randomation":2230jkak said:
Russ Willstrong":2230jkak said:
He will make somebody's 53. He's the gamer/athlete profile that fits GB and Pats.

You don't give up a unicorn type player you cut Kearse and if need be Darboh and you keep both him and Kasen.

I think Darboh is going to come down with a convenient injury and be stashed on IR.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1wcdzitm said:
randomation":1wcdzitm said:
Russ Willstrong":1wcdzitm said:

I think Darboh is going to come down with a convenient injury and be stashed on IR.

Agreed. He hasn't done squat this preseason. Disappointing

randomation

Reaction score
JSeahawks":24a1sw3v said:
randomation":24a1sw3v said:
Russ Willstrong":24a1sw3v said:

Works for me but we need to keep Tanner and Kasen, otherwise we aren't fulfilling the always compete doctrine.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
King Dog":1xravw6o said:
Russ Willstrong":1xravw6o said:

He will make OUR 53.

I hope so too.
PC will have tough decisions ahead. RB group is as competitive.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Tanner's making this team and I find it strange many people have forgotten some of his contributions last year.

And the math isn't hard this year-keep 6: Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, Kearse, Kasen, McEvoy. Darboh is IR'd. Moore and Lawler practice squad. That's it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":yppw7dvh said:
Tanner's making this team and I find it strange many people have forgotten some of his contributions last year.

Easy to do when there's only two of them, only one of them involving being a wide receiver and that one happening courtesy of a busted coverage by a secondary so bad hell itself spat it back out.

Dude will make the roster because the 6th WR spot is one of the least important spots on it, but he's just a guy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think it will bea huge mistake to release McCoy but who doesn't make the team, so he does?
Competition for him is

Kearse,
Richardson,
Williams,
Darboh,
Lawler,
Moore,
Grayson,

To me it's clear Baldwin and Lockett are certain to make the team and it's likely that Kearse and Richardson do too. So he's competing for a job with Williams, Lawler and Darboh.

Williams has to me earned a roster slot. That's all she wrote if the team keeps just 5 WRs. Darboh was a 3rd Round pick this draft, does he get axed or is he given a pass when he's done diddly? Lawler has gotten bigger and stronger which added. To his well known great hands makes him interesting. If nothing else it's clear that McEvoy just makes plays and wins the jump ball contests. He's caught every pass thrown his way during preseason game too.

That said he seems to be an after thought this preseason, and that is unfortunate because he's 6' 6" 230 and is fast with great hands, The team has no other WR just like him. I think revisiting keeping Kearse, Richardson, and William requires some reexamination.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":79yfjc8y said:
I think it will bea huge mistake to release McCoy but who doesn't make the team, so he does?
Competition for him is

Kearse,
Richardson,
Williams,
Darboh,
Lawler,
Moore,
Grayson,

To me it's clear Baldwin and Lockett are certain to make the team and it's likely that Kearse and Richardson do too. So he's competing for a job with Williams, Lawler and Darboh.

Williams has to me earned a roster slot. That's all she wrote if the team keeps just 5 WRs. Darboh was a 3rd Round pick this draft, does he get axed or is he given a pass when he's done diddly? Lawler has gotten bigger and stronger which added. To his well known great hands makes him interesting. If nothing else it's clear that McEvoy just makes plays and wins the jump ball contests. He's caught every pass thrown his way during preseason game too.

That said he seems to be an after thought this preseason, and that is unfortunate because he's 6' 6" 230 and is fast with great hands, The team has no other WR just like him. I think revisiting keeping Kearse, Richardson, and William requires some reexamination.

Williams is a lock and imo the second best option on the team with Kearse coming in a close third as of now. Richardson wasn't good tonight and hasn't proven he can be consistent I'd put him fourth . All if this is subject to change in the regular season .

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":27nin1i1 said:
West TX Hawk":27nin1i1 said:

Easy to do when there's only two of them, only one of them involving being a wide receiver and that one happening courtesy of a busted coverage by a secondary so bad hell itself spat it back out.

Dude will make the roster because the 6th WR spot is one of the least important spots on it, but he's just a guy.

If a 6'6 230, 4.4 vetsatile special teams contributor is "just a guy" than I would like you to define what exactly you're looking for as a backup wr. No one said he's Julio, but he's proven he'll do whatever is asked of him and his RZ potential warrants a future with us.

chris98251

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":g07yb9hs said:
MontanaHawk05":g07yb9hs said:
West TX Hawk":g07yb9hs said:

If a 6'6 230, 4.4 vetsatile special teams contributor is "just a guy" than I would like you to define what exactly you're looking for as a backup wr. No one said he's Julio, but he's proven he'll do whatever is asked of him and his RZ potential warrants a future with us.

Yeah we have a 6'7 TE that has red zone potential were waiting to unleash as well.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
All I know is I want Williams to make the 53. McEvoy as well, but if K Williams doesn't make the 53 I am going to be pissed off even if he didn't do anything tonight. To me, he's already made the 53 with his performances the first two games.

Kearse continues to be a nothing player for 9 out of 10 targets, has one great catch and he keeps being on the roster. Not impressed.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Aros":113b63op said:
All I know is I want Williams to make the 53. McEvoy as well, but if K Williams doesn't make the 53 I am going to be pissed off even if he didn't do anything tonight. To me, he's already made the 53 with his performances the first two games.

Kearse continues to be a nothing player for 9 out of 10 targets, has one great catch and he keeps being on the roster. Not impressed.

You mean besides recover the touched blocked punt, right?