Loss is Soley on the Coaches

Vesuve

Reaction score
Seymour":35rv783r said:
Well I'm glad Pete just accepted responsibility on all the penalties and said it's on him to fix and they need to get that right and get out of their own way.

He also said "Russell was out of rhythm all game long".

Pretty rare to hear those things out of Pete.

A lot of passes underthrown by RW.

Some close picks as well.

aawolf

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2rq7alkp said:
We get 2 of 3 very makable kicks from Walsh and don't surrender a TD in the game's final 90 seconds and we win. This wasn't Seahawks brand football, where we're built for those things to come true for us. Not fretting, because this is something that rarely happens. We still have all the components to make a deep playoff run and that's all that matters.

This.

Perspective is the key here.

We outgained them on offense 437 yards to 244 yards. Russel Wilson outgained Kirk Cousins 289 yards-193 yards. As bad as our run game appears to be, we outgained them on the ground 289 yards- 193 yards. We dominated this game statistically. Penalty yards killed us, and that is on the coaches and players.

We make two of the three kicks, we win. Also, holding them from driving down the field with 90 seconds left to go would have sealed it too.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Vesuve":2hy2j4mo said:
Seymour":2hy2j4mo said:
Well I'm glad Pete just accepted responsibility on all the penalties and said it's on him to fix and they need to get that right and get out of their own way.

He also said "Russell was out of rhythm all game long".

Pretty rare to hear those things out of Pete.

A lot of passes underthrown by RW.

Some close picks as well.

Yeah. The second pic in particular was pretty bad. The defender was right there. Pete might have to start benching guys for Oline penalties or at least make a threat of it. We're not going to win games with this many penalties.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Loss is on the coaches as much as it is on the players. But, the coaches didn't have 16 penalties, nor did they miss 3 makeable field goals or drop 3 interceptions.

StoneCold

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1k6fvuft said:
Loss is on the coaches as much as it is on the players. But, the coaches didn't have 16 penalties, nor did they miss 3 makeable field goals or drop 3 interceptions.

A sensible post in the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" thread is a pleasant surprise. My only quibble is I'm not sure how much is on the coaches. Three missed field goals is the biggest reason we lost. 16 penalties, poor decisions and execution by both sides of the ball, then you can lay some blame on coaches. Shouldn't have called timeouts, maybe should have been in a different D or O at one point or another. All of that pales to the 9 points we left on the field.

We now return to the "Sky is Falling" in progress.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Walsh had missed one all year. Those were not even close. By the 3rd one, it was just are you kidding me time.......

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I didn't watch yesterday either but after seeing the score I knew before I logged in here that Montana would blame Wilson for everything that went wrong and Anthony would defend him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hard to win with 9 pts left on the board so Walsh sadly carries the most blame. I'm not a fan of trying to prove you can win how you used to win for 3 quarters only to finally turn it on when you had to and go with what has been working all year and that's letting Wilson take over. I'm also not a fan of Bevell not doing much to combat the constant blitzing and the long developing routes. I didn't like the man bump and run when they needed a td and think zone might of been smarter which Dungy called flat out dumb football after the game and I tend to agree. Regardless we will be fine and the sky isn't falling for sure but they may kick themselves when it comes to standing for losing this one.

Anthony!

Reaction score
The coaches share blame due to their unwillingness to go with what works on offense and instead waste 3/4th of a game doing god knows what. The coaches are to blame for leaving a rookie on an island and overplaying the side with our supposed all pro CB. I can go on but I think you get it.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
NJlargent":2wovx556 said:
It absolutely is on the coaches. This team that is SB talent on paper lost to the Redskins at home. And even if Walsh makes those kicks this is still a shit performance. The coaches were handed a 13 win squad and turned it into a 9'win squad through ineptness, stubbornness and arrogance

Where is the "lIke" button.

Everyone talks about how Russ is great on scrambling and making something happen out of "broken" plays. Imagine what he could do if we had an OC who could draw some plays up that weren't consistently "broken".

As I have said many times before, we win is spite of the offensive coaching, not because of it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When your team is on pace to be the most penalized team in NFL History, it very much is on the coaches as much as the players.

HansGruber

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":170a013b said:
Exittium":170a013b said:
Then we witness what SHOULD BE vastly improved oline just complete get beat

Do you guys just crank that sentence out without even watching the games and then run in here and hit Ctrl-V afterwards?

Count to 2.5 seconds after the snap next time Wilson drops back. If he's still clean after that, the OL has done its job. That was happening over and over again today, and Wilson's clock wasn't going off. I don't know if he was getting greedy or whether the play packages weren't giving him any hot routes (the latter was true for sure for much of the game), but that game is not on the OL.

Quick question:

How is the quarterback supposed to throw the ball in 2.5 seconds or less when literally every single passing play your OC calls is a 50+ yard bomb?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Not true. Both of Russ's picks came on short routes.

HansGruber

Reaction score
This team will never win another SuperBowl as long as Darrell Bevell is here.

Worst OC in the NFL and it's not even close. Just a laughable hack. I'm just sick of watching it. I literally threw my beer across the room when that damn fool idiot called the same damn play that cost us the SuperBowl, and it was PICKED again!! I've had it. Turned off my TV, walked out to my woodshop, didn't even watch the rest of the game. I'm just sick of it. I'm sick of watching one of the greatest QBs of all time, playing on a team that isn't even trying to win. In fact, that offense looks like it's trying to lose.

We have all this talent and promise, our team is full of HOFers, and we will continue to be mediocre thanks to the worst Seahawks offense I have ever seen. Our defense should be called the greatest of all time. But ya know what? They won't even be remembered, because they play with the Keystone Cops biggest joke of all time offense, an offense so putrid they consistently go 3 quarters without doing a damn thing other than turning the ball over and trying to lose the game for us. Nobody will remember how great this defense was. Nobody will remember how great Russell Wilson is. Nope. Because we have a blind drunk ape running our offense who is so goddam stupid and arrogant that he runs the same damn plays over and over and over no matter how hard they fail over and over and over. AAAAaaaaAAArrrrrGGgggHHHhhh!!!

And enough of the excuses. This offense has been terrible since Bevell put his grimy mitts on it. Just awful. Some of the plays he calls just blow my mind. Just the stupidest, worst, dumbest, most amateur crap I've ever seen. Literally, ever. Mike Singletary was a better coach than Bevell.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":shkggact said:
This team will never win another SuperBowl as long as Darrell Bevell is here.

Worst OC in the NFL and it's not even close. Just a laughable hack. I'm just sick of watching it. I literally threw my beer across the room when that damn fool idiot called the same damn play that cost us the SuperBowl, and it was PICKED again!! I've had it. Turned off my TV, walked out to my woodshop, didn't even watch the rest of the game. I'm just sick of it. I'm sick of watching one of the greatest QBs of all time, playing on a team that isn't even trying to win. In fact, that offense looks like it's trying to lose.

This is the worst era of the Seahawks in their entire history for me because we have all this talent and promise, our team is full of HOFers, and we will continue to be mediocre thanks to the worst Seahawks offense I have ever seen.

And enough of the excuses. This offense has been terrible since Bevell put his grimy mitts on it. Just awful. Some of the plays he calls just blow my mind. Just the stupidest, worst, dumbest, most amateur crap I've ever seen. Literally, ever. Mike Singletary was a better coach than Bevell.
Hey Nostradamus, you are incorrect. Hawks will win a SB within 3 years with Bev as the OC. He's the best fit for helping our offense succeed.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder whether or not if the coaches actually ever game plan for the team they are playing, just seems so often they get caught with their pants down.