Loss is Soley on the Coaches

Seymour

Reaction score
LolaRox":3d5jt0s7 said:
Seymour":3d5jt0s7 said:
Well I'm glad Pete just accepted responsibility on all the penalties and said it's on him to fix and they need to get that right and get out of their own way.

He also said "Russell was out of rhythm all game long".

Pretty rare to hear those things out of Pete.

Pete has said this before and yet his team continues to rack up a a ton of penalties each week. A lot of them by repeat offenders.

They had 138 penalty yards today at home - 1 3 8!! Twice what the Skins had... inexcusable

last week - 120
the week before - 110

Trust me, I've bitched about Pete's penalties every year, and I've given up on him getting though to them. This one just stands out more than the norm, but this problem is nothing new.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":4jp3kvvj said:
LolaRox":4jp3kvvj said:
Seymour":4jp3kvvj said:
Well I'm glad Pete just accepted responsibility on all the penalties and said it's on him to fix and they need to get that right and get out of their own way.

Pete has said this before and yet his team continues to rack up a a ton of penalties each week. A lot of them by repeat offenders.

They had 138 penalty yards today at home - 1 3 8!! Twice what the Skins had... inexcusable

last week - 120
the week before - 110

Trust me, I've bitched about Pete's penalties every year, and I've given up on him getting though to them. This one just stands out more than the norm, but this problem is nothing new.

It should stand out the penalties killed several drives and kept the offense out of rhythm.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":3hdkhm3a said:

Meaningless if he doesn’t fix the black holes on his offensive coaching staff.
You can only cover for underachievers for so long.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
If the Seahawks goal is to establish the run they continue to run the ball unless what? Unless they get in long yard to gain downs which they did throughout the game today. Penalties take us out of feasible running distance and force Russell Wilson to throw. It also slows down any ability to establish the run game, which makes us one dimensional.

This is a COACHING problem, if penalties are an issue you must work to address them so we can ACTUALLY ATTEMPT to address our poor running game.

Furthermore calling more than 10 +40 yard plays in one game is very gimmicky. What happened to quick routes or middle screens to beat the blitz. Passes that go for 10-20 yards?

Very frustrating team to watch, and it's making me want to get into coaching lol.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The lack of discipline is on Pete. He needs to hold his assistants accountable. The assistants need to hold the players accountable. Shit rolls down hill and Pete doesn't demand accountability. This is why the 'Hawks are consistently one of the most penalized teams in the NFL. Complete lack of accountability/discipline. The rah rah kumbayah crap doesn't work.

SlickRick

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1easynl7 said:
If the Seahawks goal is to establish the run they continue to run the ball unless what? Unless they get in long yard to gain downs which they did throughout the game today. Penalties take us out of feasible running distance and force Russell Wilson to throw. It also slows down any ability to establish the run game, which makes us one dimensional.

This is a COACHING problem, if penalties are an issue you must work to address them so we can ACTUALLY ATTEMPT to address our poor running game.

Furthermore calling more than 10 +40 yard plays in one game is very gimmicky. What happened to quick routes or middle screens to beat the blitz. Passes that go for 10-20 yards?

Very frustrating team to watch, and it's making me want to get into coaching lol.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=141382

Another coaching thread, why not post there ? Double standards

kf3339

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2gosmkxg said:

Pretty spot on analysis if you ask me.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
WmHBonney":33hi7xvn said:
The lack of discipline is on Pete. He needs to hold his assistants accountable. The assistants need to hold the players accountable. Shit rolls down hill and Pete doesn't demand accountability. This is why the 'Hawks are consistently one of the most penalized teams in the NFL. Complete lack of accountability/discipline. The rah rah kumbayah crap doesn't work.

Imagine how good we would be if we were disciplined? Does New England ring a bell for anyone?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
kf3339":1l9n4s33 said:
NFSeahawks628":1l9n4s33 said:

Pretty spot on analysis if you ask me.

Appreciate it! :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Exittium

Exittium

Reaction score
Man if we had the play calling ability the Patriots had/have with our talent we could easily be a "NFC" dominator like the patriots and the AFC

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Exittium":yh8496mq said:
We see a FEW good players leave Seattle and excel, Ware and Collins to just name a couple. (Pete, Cable and Bevell)
Then we witness what SHOULD BE vastly improved oline just complete get beat and left Wilson under pressure ALOT (some of that's also on Wilson easily) (Cable.. with a dash of Bevell)
We face a half of not 90% off the streets Oline with the Redskins and they create protection for Cousins. (Cable)
They continuously went away from everything that was working. And (Bevell and Pete)
Last Years 4qtr meltdowns showed it head again THANK YOU RICHARDS. (Richards)

Screw Bevell, Cable, and Richards. Oh and Pete Too Great you got us 1 SB and took us to a 2nd in which
We witness the same damn play TWICE picked off BOTH times picked off just like in the 2nd SB w/Pete
And this upcoming week Pete will say "everything's fine, minor adjustments RAH RAH Go Team Go! with his damn PomPoms

Penalties Whille yes this game was easily the most wretched officiated games I've seen in a VERY long time and onesided, Pete needs to instill some serious discipline. Cable hasn't and won't. Our Defense player their best, but it's hard to keep ANY momentum when your offense constantly shits the bed.

Get rid of damn Lacey Promote Davis. Between McKissic, Davis and Rawls you have a solid RB group with more speed and finesse than anything USE THIER DAMN SPEED.

Overall This game sucked and sadly nothing will be taken away from it coaching wise because thier little bullshit Trash talk Tuesday or whatever it's called where they call themselves and others out for shit play just diverts the negative the coaching SHOULD GET to the players.

/Rant

Edit: Why and I so angry? Last week we had a WORSE oline, and got in a shootout. THIS WEEK our oline is "better " and we play down to our opponents. I HATE that shit. If they suck play YOUR BEST and Kick thier ass. Just as they should have done here

And agreed predictable play calling (BEVELL!!!)
adeltaY":yh8496mq said:
How predictable is our playcalling? The Skins DBs were contesting almost every single route.
Bullshit----There's plenty of blame to go around, but you want to blame everyone EXCEPT Walsh, he screwed the pooch, and in doing so, COST US A WIN., shits fire, just two of three and we have another 'W' in the win column.

OP
OP
Exittium

Exittium

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1prkduun said:
Exittium":1prkduun said:
We see a FEW good players leave Seattle and excel, Ware and Collins to just name a couple. (Pete, Cable and Bevell)
Then we witness what SHOULD BE vastly improved oline just complete get beat and left Wilson under pressure ALOT (some of that's also on Wilson easily) (Cable.. with a dash of Bevell)
We face a half of not 90% off the streets Oline with the Redskins and they create protection for Cousins. (Cable)
They continuously went away from everything that was working. And (Bevell and Pete)
Last Years 4qtr meltdowns showed it head again THANK YOU RICHARDS. (Richards)

Screw Bevell, Cable, and Richards. Oh and Pete Too Great you got us 1 SB and took us to a 2nd in which
We witness the same damn play TWICE picked off BOTH times picked off just like in the 2nd SB w/Pete
And this upcoming week Pete will say "everything's fine, minor adjustments RAH RAH Go Team Go! with his damn PomPoms

Penalties Whille yes this game was easily the most wretched officiated games I've seen in a VERY long time and onesided, Pete needs to instill some serious discipline. Cable hasn't and won't. Our Defense player their best, but it's hard to keep ANY momentum when your offense constantly shits the bed.

Get rid of damn Lacey Promote Davis. Between McKissic, Davis and Rawls you have a solid RB group with more speed and finesse than anything USE THIER DAMN SPEED.

Overall This game sucked and sadly nothing will be taken away from it coaching wise because thier little bullshit Trash talk Tuesday or whatever it's called where they call themselves and others out for shit play just diverts the negative the coaching SHOULD GET to the players.

/Rant

Edit: Why and I so angry? Last week we had a WORSE oline, and got in a shootout. THIS WEEK our oline is "better " and we play down to our opponents. I HATE that shit. If they suck play YOUR BEST and Kick thier ass. Just as they should have done here

And agreed predictable play calling (BEVELL!!!)
adeltaY":1prkduun said:
How predictable is our playcalling? The Skins DBs were contesting almost every single route.
Bullshit----There's plenty of blame to go around, but you want to blame everyone EXCEPT Walsh, he screwed the pooch, and in doing so, COST US A WIN., shits fire, just two of three and we have another 'W' in the win column.

Walsh didn't just cost us a win. If we scored just one of those touchdowns when we were in the red zone we'd win. So once again coaches are Too blame. And yes there is blame to go all around for the team. But this WAS NOT all in Walsh as you like to put it. And yes I didn't Single him out BECAUSE WHY?? Our offense couldn't score shit in the red zone 3 times. They didn't do thier job. He went out and kicked a ball. Missed 3 this game and 1 in the past. MEANWHILE with the exception of last week our offense has continued to shit the bed in the red zone.

kf3339

Reaction score
Exittium":3m63wfzq said:
Man if we had the play calling ability the Patriots had/have with our talent we could easily be a "NFC" dominator like the patriots and the AFC

Not with PC. He doesn't believe in that type of play calling ability. If so he wouldn't have even given Bevel or Cable an interview.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Exittium":3p6jgzzk said:
Walsh didn't just cost us a win. If we scored just one of those touchdowns when we were in the red zone we'd win. So once again coaches are Too blame. And yes there is blame to go all around for the team. But this WAS NOT all in Walsh as you like to put it. And yes I didn't Single him out BECAUSE WHY?? Our offense couldn't score shit in the red zone 3 times. They didn't do thier job. He went out and kicked a ball. Missed 3 this game and 1 in the past. MEANWHILE with the exception of last week our offense has continued to shit the bed in the red zone.
"Because Why"?!?!?, Because it's OBVIOUS that Field Goal Kickers are responsible for carrying THEIR FAIR SHARE of the load......I mean Heysus Christy THREE, very makeable, Missed Field Goals by a PROFFESSIONAL NFL KICKER :pukeface:
He doesn't get a free pass for HIS screw-ups.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I believe Walsh should have made his field goals and if he makes them we most likely win the game.

I think what Exittium has been trying to point out today (could be wrong, I wont force words in his mouth) is that if the offense didn't play like absolute garbage today, Walsh would have never been put in the place to miss his field goals/lose the game to begin with.

At the very least the offense does not get to scapegoat Walsh for his ineptness (not saying the team is doing this). There is some truth to this.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Anthony!":383tfo1y said:
Seymour":383tfo1y said:

I Agree with him, and part of the reason RW was never in rhythm was play calling, pressures, and penalties.

Bad weather. He has had one great game in bad weather. Mnf vs saints.

I almost don't want to post this. Your as .... As anti Russ fans.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We get 2 of 3 very makable kicks from Walsh and don't surrender a TD in the game's final 90 seconds and we win. This wasn't Seahawks brand football, where we're built for those things to come true for us. Not fretting, because this is something that rarely happens. We still have all the components to make a deep playoff run and that's all that matters.

getnasty

Reaction score
Exittium":8c3vbfop said:

We don't have a QB that fits the mold of that system so this is irrelevant.

irfuben32

Reaction score
2/3 of those field goals is a completely reasonable expectation

which should have won that game without Earl Thomas and Sheldon Richardson

I haven't trusted Walsh all year, can't kick in the cold? Guess when the playoffs are? That's on Schneider, no WAY I hire a guy who misses a chip shot field goal that would have won a playoff game.