Look what showed up in the mail for my son's 8th birthday...

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
The same picture has been on my son's dresser since just after the Patriots game last year. I thought it would be awesome if I could replace it with a signed copy for his 8th birthday, so I had sent a letter asking for Russell's signature a while ago. I just assumed it was lost in a big pile of requests, but I noticed a package at my door tonight and knew exactly what was in it. I swapped the pictures and he's gonna get one heck of birthday present tomorrow morning.

Joey13091

Reaction score
That's an awesome idea. You seem like an awesome dad.

Happy birthday to your son!

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Very cool. You should take a picture of your son holding it with the giant smile on his face and have your son write a "thank you", sign it and mail that back to RW. I bet that would find a place in RW's collection.

Teqneek

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2atowlab said:
Bigpumpkin":2atowlab said:
Someday that will be worth a tidy sum!

It already is

Life isn't about money.

That phrase still gets me.. its an old one.. but guess what.. its 2013... Today.. this century... Life is about money, in order to survive, cherish "life" and the "things" around us whether they cost money or not. The Corporate world has dictated that... yes.. unfortunately, money is required for life ;) You need a little to even stand by your philosophy :p

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Teqneek":2symqom0 said:
bestfightstory":2symqom0 said:
Bigpumpkin":2symqom0 said:
Someday that will be worth a tidy sum!

It already is

Life isn't about money.

That phrase still gets me.. its an old one.. but guess what.. its 2013... Today.. this century... Life is about money, in order to survive, cherish "life" and the "things" around us whether they cost money or not. The Corporate world has dictated that... yes.. unfortunately, money is required for life ;) You need a little to even stand by your philosophy :p

Nothing you said is technically INCORRECT. Nor do I think our statements cancel one another out. Nor do I find them mutually exclusive. Don't make me bring out Radish's guy with the beard and the cane.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
The timing on this story is fantastic and the fact they sent it to you just shows the character that Mr. Wilson and the organization has. Amazing timing receiving it so close to his birthday. Just one more example of how the Hawks are transcending just football and making positive impacts on people's daily life.

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
Lots of excitement this morning -screaming, jumping up and down and best of all my son put on his jersey and we went and threw the pigskin before school.

Gonna definitely go through with your idea, LawlessHawk.

Go Hawks!

Latest posts