Lockette

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think they should try to get Lockette isolated with Rogers next week and have him test that ailing hammy.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
We can only throw to lockette if he is wide open deep. He has shown he cannot prevent a pick or fight the corner for the ball.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I feel like a total doofus referring to stats on Lockette since he has only 7 targets but oh well :)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/nam ... e-seahawks

If he kept up his identical production in those 7 targets for the entire season for any amount of targets possible ... (LMAO SCENARIO I KNOW)...

He has 5 receptions out of his 7 targets which is a 71.43% catch rate.

Compared to:

Lynch = 81.82% (LOL nice hands Lynch)
Willson = 71.43%
Baldwin = 68.49%
Tate = 65.3%
Miller = 58.93%
Kearse = 57.89%
Rice = 42.86%

Coleman = 100% (who is this guy lol? I remember when he made catches I had no idea who he was)

So as pointless as this argument is because Lockette had only 7 targets, when given the chance he has caught the ball.

He also has the highest yards per catch on the entire team @ 16.4

As far as I know Lockette also has the best 40 yard dash time on our entire team 4.34 which I'm not sure why Harvin's is so slow at 4.41... 4.41 is just BARELY faster than Tate (4.42) or Earl Thomas (4.43) so not sure what's the story with that since Harvin is clearly faster than those guys from what I can tell. Maybe Harvin was just super stoned for the combine or something who knows :)

So given all this I personally would like to see Lockette get more chances, unfortunately doing this against the 49ers in the playoffs or in the Super Bowl is not a good time to test him out... wish he got more chances in regular season though.

I'm not sure why people are saying he's bad as a receiver, everything I can remember involving him has been money.

themunn

Reaction score
If Harvin is on the field I trust Lockette more than any other player to get separation downfield one on one.
You can bet that play is in the playbook somewhere, we just haven't had an opportunity to use it.

getnasty

Reaction score
Lockette always makes the most of his opportunities, he just never gets them. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few more, especially when we go 5 wide. Last week we threw a slant to Marshawn in a 5 wide set, to me thats a real low percentage play.

candybars

Reaction score
Lockett-Kaepernick-AP-Mark-Humphrey.jpg

In case you're wondering, that's your beloved Lockette at the beginning of this season. There are some things you might wish you could take back, but this is not one of them.

CANHawk

Reaction score
^so. he played in SF at the time. i dont know why people insist on getting bent out of shape about him building a rapport with his QB (at the time). what was he supposed to do? turn down all offers until the Hawks came calling? or play for SF but not get along with anyone because he's supposed to be a Hawk at heart or some shit? thats stupid... get over it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
General Manager":klxp3mox said:
I honestly don't know why the passing game is so poor right now but I agree they need to use everyone. Wilson has to look to spread the ball around he tends to lock onto Tate to often.

Maybe he's seeing something in practice that we're not.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It would be sweet to see Lockette zip downfield, make a safety cheat his way a bit, and have Golden or Baldwin streaking underneath in the open space.

candybars

Reaction score
CANHawk":2r7lz6u3 said:
^so. he played in SF at the time. i dont know why people insist on getting bent out of shape about him building a rapport with his QB (at the time). what was he supposed to do? turn down all offers until the Hawks came calling? or play for SF but not get along with anyone because he's supposed to be a Hawk at heart or some shit? thats stupid... get over it.

Looks like I really struck a nerve.

One of the most arrogant things a sports fan can do is tell another fan how to be a fan. You must be having a bad day or something, so I will not get nearly as offended as you apparently did by a ridiculous picture.

I hope the rest of your day gets better.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Geologic":ji3cl5l6 said:
It'd be great to have Lockette play a big role in the offense next week. I'd be awesome of him to have a career day against his former team.

I'm imaging him scoring a touchdown and mimicing Kaepernick's TD

PJ5KxVuPJ5KxVuPJ5KxVu
We can use emojis on .Net now?

SeaTown81

Reaction score
candybars":239l9o36 said:
CANHawk":239l9o36 said:

One of the most arrogant things a sports fan can do is tell another fan how to be a fan. You must be having a bad day or something, so I will not get nearly as offended as you apparently did by a ridiculous picture.

And I hope yours gets better to the point where you don't feel the need to be an obnoxious dick to people on the internet to make yourself feel superior.

HAVE A NICE DAY. :th2thumbs:

GO HAWKS!

CANHawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":orvo7s66 said:
candybars":orvo7s66 said:
CANHawk":orvo7s66 said:

And I hope yours gets better to the point where you don't feel the need to be an obnoxious dick to people on the internet to make yourself feel superior.

HAVE A NICE DAY. :th2thumbs:

GO HAWKS!

:fistbump:

candybars

Reaction score
I don't know how anything I said would make me feel superior to anyone. I do not want to escalate this farther but I would like to say that if you will, for the reason of me defending my thoughts, call me an obnoxious dick then I have no desire to try and be an adult because it obviously wouldn't accomplish anything. Thanks for showing your true colors.