Lockett is a beast

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Fine, it hit his facemask and bounced off his hands. If you want to consider that a drop, go ahead.
I actually don't have any interest in whether you consider it to be a drop or not. I just wanted to make sure your decision was based on accurate information. And with that accurate information, you will at least understand why others consider it a drop, even using the "hit his hands" criteria.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Yeah, technically, he didn't drop the ball.. but in this context, He dropped the ball.. dropped the ball, meaning, it should have been caught. So he didn't technicaly drop the ball, but he dropped the ball, cause Tyler catches those, 99.9999 percent of the time..:)

RiverDog

Reaction score
Dropped passes is a statistical category with a definition:

Hank Gargiulo of ESPN Stats & Information passed along the written standard our game charters rely upon to reduce subjectivity.

This standard says drops are "incomplete passes where the receiver SHOULD have caught the pass with ORDINARY effort."

You're entitled to your own opinion, but it runs contrary to the definition of the term that has long been agreed upon, not to mention good ole common sense.

Boycie

Reaction score
The top guys on the YAC line are all 6' or more and weigh well over 200lbs.

Lockett is 5'10" and weighs 185lbs. Not surprised he doesn't get a lot of YAC since many DB's are taller and heavier.

I'll take the rest of what he brings all day long.
One of the best route runners there is!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. Again, I personally don't consider it a drop. Not sure why anyone cares. But it is dot net

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't see it as a "DROP" either, but it fits the *definition* the stats people use for drops, therefore it is a statistical "drop" if not an *actual* drop.

That said, I don't think we'll see a "facemask drop" from Tyler again for a long, long time, if ever. I bet he's watched it 1000x now and figured out what went wrong and how to adjust his play so it never happens again.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
It was a drop and add the strip earlier he was having a rough go, but went right back later and snagged the go ahead. That kid has busted his tail his entire career, he has hauled in huge clutch catches and absolutely ridiculous ones his entire career. Some people rip on him for YAC but dont realize how he already made the yardage and is conserving his body and ball not taking unnecessary extra shots. That guy literally snapped his leg for us all while still holding on for the TD.

Boohman14

Reaction score
For some reason when he "mishandled" the football and it hit the ground, I wasn't worried about the outcome of the game. I just didn't see the Giant's beating the Hawks last week. I haven't felt that way for a looooong time. I knew Lockett would bounce back. He's about as sure handed as there is in the NFL.

W

Welshers

Congrats
Believe what you want. HE....DIDN'T....TOUCH....THE....BALL....WITH....HIS....HANDS.......NOT....A....DROP

Geezus man, it's not a drop. Don't give a rip what you want to call it. He didn't drop the ball.
Why does it matter anyway???? It counts as a drop, fine.
I didn't see him drop a ball, it hit his facemask, not his hands. NOT a drop. My opinion. Oh the horror.......
It's not that serious. Admit you were wrong and move on. Not a good look to play semantics like this.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Which is the point of the thread. His drops are so rare... we talk about it. When Koren Robinson dropped passes it stopped being worth mentioning.

cymatica

Reaction score
fine, he dropped a pass that he literally didn't touch with his hands. You see it how you want, I'll see it how I want. He didn't DROP the pass. It hit his facemask. It counts as a drop, but no, he didn't DROP the pass. It never touched his hands. People will find anything to argue about these days. It COUNTS as a drop. But no, he didn't "drop the pass" at all.

Yeah, like when they try to argue a perfectly thrown ball that barely hits a receivers facemask isn't a drop. Smh

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Lockett gets dinged bad for lack of YAC, but still #5 because he kicks ass in all other categories.
What YAK? He falls down directly after he makes a catch. LMAO
Other than that, he's been stellar.

BASF

Reaction score
What YAK? He falls down directly after he makes a catch. LMAO
Other than that, he's been stellar.
Last game, he did not. The only one I have a huge problem with was in the Lions game where he still had at least three yards between him and the dbs and decided to dive to the ground when none of them were even running towards him at a speed that could have hurt him.

jeremiah

Reaction score
The top guys on the YAC line are all 6' or more and weigh well over 200lbs.

Lockett is 5'10" and weighs 185lbs. Not surprised he doesn't get a lot of YAC since many DB's are taller and heavier.

I'll take the rest of what he brings all day long.
Like catch the ball inside the opponents twenty to the goal line. He is extremely great at getting the ball and only running a short distance to the TD. Who needs YAC, when you can do what he do? Love him, we call him Ricochet at my house, he bounces off, bounces back from injuries, and when he was younger he did some Rabbit type of quick moves. For you old guys you may remember Ricochet Rabbit....

Lagartixa

Reaction score
fine, he dropped a pass that he literally didn't touch with his hands. You see it how you want, I'll see it how I want. He didn't DROP the pass. It hit his facemask. It counts as a drop, but no, he didn't DROP the pass. It never touched his hands. People will find anything to argue about these days. It COUNTS as a drop. But no, he didn't "drop the pass" at all.

This starts to sound like the people who pretended (or even honestly believed) Jeter was good defensively, citing his low number of errors. He frequently wasn't charged with errors because his pathetic range kept him from being even close to the ball when a better defensive shortstop would have been.

I love Lockett. He's been one of my favorite players since his first season. I've loved the way he plays, and I think he's got such a great smile that I've thought since waaaaay back early in his career that the Seahawks should have made him one of the faces of the franchise. I think he is now, but I'm saying he should have been put in front of the media more starting back in 2016 or so.
But if the ball hit him in the facemask and there wasn't egregious pass interference on the play, not having his hands in position to catch the ball would have been his own damn fault.

I say "would have been his own damn fault" and not "is his own damn fault" because before posting this comment, I just saw @BlueTalon's comment, in which the video shows that Lockett did touch the ball with his hands. And the way he expressed his frustration after the play suggests that Lockett himself would agree with the official scorers that he dropped that pass.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All that because he technically dropped a pass and I personally don't see it as a drop. Wow, talk about over thinking it. Yes, he should have caught it, I'm not saying he is w/out fault. Move on. Fine, he dropped it, I got the L. You guys are hilarious. I get it, it is a drop, it counts as a drop, he should have caught it. I feel bad for the horse. I think you've made your point.

Last edited: