Lockett is a beast

RiverDog

Reaction score
After that injury he suffered a few years ago, I wouldn't have given him a snowball's chance in hell of returning and playing at a high level like he is. He also seems to be a decent guy, a good teammate. Takes the place of Doug Baldwin in more ways than one.

sutz

Reaction score
After that injury he suffered a few years ago, I wouldn't have given him a snowball's chance in hell of returning and playing at a high level like he is. He also seems to be a decent guy, a good teammate. Takes the place of Doug Baldwin in more ways than one.
It's a long tradition that goes back to Steve Largent. ;)

toffee

Reaction score
Didn't Russ say something like his current skill players are the best he ever played with?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Modern day Steve Largent imo. And I still don't count that one as a drop, as it hit his facemask. I'm aware that it's considered a "drop" but not in my book.
Of course, if DK has one go off his facemask, we may see 23 threads about how he's a diva who can't catch the ball :ROFLMAO:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It didn't hit his hands, it's not a drop. Just my opinion. I understand it's considered a drop, but he never had his hands on it.
He didn't touch the ball with his hands, not a drop.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It was a drop. The fact that it hit his facemask is irrelevant. It was a perfectly placed pass that he should have caught, ie a drop.

The comparisons to Largent are similar at this point in his career. However, when Lockett first came up, he was a speed burner, with a 4.33 40 time, and more of a deep threat. Largent never possessed that kind of speed. After Lockett's injury and with his advancing age, his speed wasn't near the advantage for him that it once was, so he had to adjust his game to become more of a Largent-ese type of receiver.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
fine, he dropped a pass that he literally didn't touch with his hands. You see it how you want, I'll see it how I want. He didn't DROP the pass. It hit his facemask. It counts as a drop, but no, he didn't DROP the pass. It never touched his hands. People will find anything to argue about these days. It COUNTS as a drop. But no, he didn't "drop the pass" at all.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Lockett gets dinged bad for lack of YAC, but still #5 because he kicks ass in all other categories.
The top guys on the YAC line are all 6' or more and weigh well over 200lbs.

Lockett is 5'10" and weighs 185lbs. Not surprised he doesn't get a lot of YAC since many DB's are taller and heavier.

I'll take the rest of what he brings all day long.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
fine, he dropped a pass that he literally didn't touch with his hands. You see it how you want, I'll see it how I want. He didn't DROP the pass. It hit his facemask. It counts as a drop, but no, he didn't DROP the pass. It never touched his hands. People will find anything to argue about these days. It COUNTS as a drop. But no, he didn't "drop the pass" at all.
Consider this for a moment...

Instead of labeling the stat "drop", assign it a label of "pass that should have been caught" because essentially, they mean the same.

Tyler should have caught the ball. Semantics aside.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Yep. Should have caught it for sure. He just didn't drop a pass. That's all I'm saying.
Agreed. Being right is not mutually exclusive. lol

In baseball, a fielder has to touch the ball in order for the official scorer to record the play as an error... that's clear in baseball.

Not sure that it's the same in football for dropped passes.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't care of the pass hit him in the nuts. It's a dropped pass.

No matter how you want to spin it, Lockett did not catch a pass that he should have caught. In my book, that's a drop.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Congrats
Believe what you want. HE....DIDN'T....TOUCH....THE....BALL....WITH....HIS....HANDS.......NOT....A....DROP

Geezus man, it's not a drop. Don't give a rip what you want to call it. He didn't drop the ball.
Why does it matter anyway???? It counts as a drop, fine.
I didn't see him drop a ball, it hit his facemask, not his hands. NOT a drop. My opinion. Oh the horror.......

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fine, it hit his facemask and bounced off his hands. If you want to consider that a drop, go ahead.
Whatever man, I don't consider it a drop. Doesn't even matter. I have a right to my opinion. Dear god, what will we argue about next?
Yes, he should have caught it. He misses 1 or 2 A SEASON.
So technically he had "a drop"

Something we see about as often as we see Fade say something good about Pete.

Last edited: