Lions plan to attempt to hire GM John Schneider

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Donn2390":3cvjo4s7 said:
Someday both PC and JS will be gone and the Hawks will be bottom feeders for a decade or two. ..

Wont happen until Wilson moves on.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3cdjwbdj said:
cymatica":3cdjwbdj said:
ludakrishna":3cdjwbdj said:
Great News. Hopefully it comes true. Scot McCloughan, the real mastermind behind the LOB should be on our shortlist.

Yes ignore everything Scneider has done behind the scenes because your mancrush for McCloughan has you convinced he was solely responsible for the LOB

John Schneider is overrated. Only one successful DE picked in the draft (Frank Clark) everyone else has been a bust. Living off of the 2011/2012 draft success for too long. No DB depth since LOB No LBs since Bobby and KJ, no DL outside of Frank. Couldn’t develop a Offensive Tackle in house. Outside of Damien Lewis this year, OL drafting has been terrible. Britt took 3 years to find a role he was somewhat average in. Same is true for Pocic. WR outside of DK and Tyler Lockett have been miserable. TE drafting talent has been horrendous. Reliant on Trades too much. For every Carlos Dunlap fluke trade, there is a Jimmy Graham, Percy Harvin, Sheldon Richardson, Jadeveon Clowney trade to counter it. Go look at his Drafts from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016...complete joke. Go look at the 2013/2014 drafts. Only 1 player still on an active nfl roster from those draft picks. Add 2015 and that number jumps to 3. 3 players from 3 drafts still on an active NFL roster. Yep, great eye for talent

We get it, you hate success. You've made it abundantly clear.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2dsgmsxy said:
Gotta bad feeling hes gone...then again its Detroit..who would wanna go there.

Yeah, if he didn't want to go to Green Bay, seems odd he would jump at the chance to go to.....Detroit.

But hey, you never know I guess

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":25pupb5v said:
Lessee.....SEATTLE...detroit...
Anyone see a tough choice there?

I've seen a few shocker moves, but choosing detroit in that matchup would be all time big seismic.

Reports say he will get a free Ford company vehicle to use at team expense.

They may have us beat there

seabowl

Reaction score
I could see him going to Detroit, hiring Saleh (former Hawk) as the head coach, then signing Russ in a few years.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3utoit8w said:
Appyhawk":3utoit8w said:
Lessee.....SEATTLE...detroit...
Anyone see a tough choice there?

I've seen a few shocker moves, but choosing detroit in that matchup would be all time big seismic.

Reports say he will get a free Ford company vehicle to use at team expense.

They may have us beat there

I would never discount anything.

A lot of really stupid decisions have been made under the guise of a challenge.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
When stories like this come out, they don't come from the teams.... they come from AGENTS .... so I think we can connect the dots here ---

Detroit wants Schneider. They put feelers out to Schneider's agent --- and either Schneider is interested in the job, or wants leverage going into his next contract.

So the question to me is -- how hard does Seattle and Pete work to keep JS?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think he's a very good GM, but I'm not going to be too upset if he leaves. It's an opportunity for somebody else to step in and see what they can do for us. Worst case scenario, I don't see our overall personnel management dropping off too much.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1oz1lqvn said:
When stories like this come out, they don't come from the teams.... they come from AGENTS .... so I think we can connect the dots here ---

Detroit wants Schneider. They put feelers out to Schneider's agent --- and either Schneider is interested in the job, or wants leverage going into his next contract.

So the question to me is -- how hard does Seattle and Pete work to keep JS?

JS is probably wanted by most of the NFL.

I am sure his agent will use every opportunity to create leverage, but there are only so many times one can cry wolf. Detroit doesn't seem like the type of situation where Seattle has to break the bank with worry. If JS ever wants to leave, he likely can do better :)

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think the difference here is --- 1) Pete just got a new deal and 2) John is probably about ready for his next deal and 3) Detroit came a calling and agent decided to use the opportunity to fire a shot across the bow.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1345829740725342208[/tweet]

LTH

Reaction score
I guarantee that he is not going anywhere.... The hawks would be stupid to not to pay him what he wants... this isn't even a consideration...

Pay the man and lets move forward

LTH

AgentDib

Reaction score
Exactly. John is an excellent GM with a contract negotiation coming up, and he's well within his rights to want a top dollar contract. The Lions are signaling that they are willing to pay for him and there is some debate as to whether that can be considered tampering under the current NFL rules. It probably is tampering but nobody will care enough to pursue it due to the gray area in terminology between principal and final.

Those who pay attention will remember a very similar story coming out before Schneider's previous extension and it resulted in nothing other than leverage in contract talks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Given the amount of vacancies it's not surprising that poachers are going to try to grab success immediately with proven commodities. Scott Pioli had this happen with him, he had some success in KC but never the level of NE, there is a chemistry at work in many situations, we have it with Pete and John, I hope that both recognize this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Lions are not some legacy franchise.
In fact a very unstable franchise.

It will likely end in a “thanks, but no thanks.”

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3g10plnr said:
ludakrishna":3g10plnr said:
cymatica":3g10plnr said:
ludakrishna":3g10plnr said:
Great News. Hopefully it comes true. Scot McCloughan, the real mastermind behind the LOB should be on our shortlist.

Yes ignore everything Scneider has done behind the scenes because your mancrush for McCloughan has you convinced he was solely responsible for the LOB

John Schneider is overrated. Only one successful DE picked in the draft (Frank Clark) everyone else has been a bust. Living off of the 2011/2012 draft success for too long. No DB depth since LOB No LBs since Bobby and KJ, no DL outside of Frank. Couldn’t develop a Offensive Tackle in house. Outside of Damien Lewis this year, OL drafting has been terrible. Britt took 3 years to find a role he was somewhat average in. Same is true for Pocic. WR outside of DK and Tyler Lockett have been miserable. TE drafting talent has been horrendous. Reliant on Trades too much. For every Carlos Dunlap fluke trade, there is a Jimmy Graham, Percy Harvin, Sheldon Richardson, Jadeveon Clowney trade to counter it. Go look at his Drafts from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016...complete joke. Go look at the 2013/2014 drafts. Only 1 player still on an active nfl roster from those draft picks. Add 2015 and that number jumps to 3. 3 players from 3 drafts still on an active NFL roster. Yep, great eye for talent

You are overrated for your posts. Being a general manager is more than just drafts. There is free agency, bargaining, keeping and releasing players, keeping a practice squad and managing the money around all of it
You are basing judgment of said individual around one draft. No one else is.

This story was the only reason he posted today. Otherwise he's in hiding after wins. He only shows up after losses to post usually inaccurate stuff.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Lions can also take Pete Carroll. His ass should have been dismissed after the biggest epic failure in history with SB Int. Stop blaming Bevell when Pete had the final say and decided to go with that crap. Pete stated "we weren't trying to score on that down". Without a doubt that is dumbest statement i've ever heard. You score whenever you can. How anyone can take Smiling Pete seriously after that with this fan base and Seattle media licking his pee pee amazing to me. 12's ran Beast Mode/Sherman/Bennett out of the town because they called out Pete on that BS. Pete only wants "yes men" who don't question him on his failures. The whole Rah Rah routine so played out and yesterday. Babies use the excuse about "living in the past" by that logic so are Hawks since that very moment this team has never been the team and failed to advance past Divisional Playoff round. Mediocrity.