Let the Soul Searching Begin

falcongoggles

Reaction score
It was a short week for a road game against a rejuvenated Rams. That said:

1) Russ Wilson was absolutely dead-eyed and not in the "I'll tear your heart out in a comeback" way. Oh, and the MVP race is over. Strangely, the same exact thing happened last year. Russ came up in the MVP discussion and then completely regressed. It's just...strange.

2) Three games in a row now that Lockett has been MIA

3) The offensive gameplan was...what? I'm not even sure. We never even attempted to establish the run and against the stacked front seven all we did was throw into vertical routes.

4) The Rams ran what should have been our gameplan. They knew that Goff wilts under pressure so they rolled him out over and over and over. The Seahawks, on the other hand, insisted on keeping Russ in the pocket against a withering pass rush and DPOY.

5) The Seahawks were playing against a QB that should've had five picks the last time they played due to constant pressure. So the gameplan this time was to...rush four and sit back in zone five yards off the line? It made zero sense.

6) Even the kicker was off, missing the extra point on the pick-six.

7) Losing Penny hurt, but if we are being honest, his presence wouldn't have changed a thing.

8 ) It was a tough order to go on the road into a division rival's house and knock them off. The Rams have gotten a few pieces back and look like they really turned the corner. That said, Seattle still controls its own faith if in week 17 if they win out, as they should.

It's not over and the team will bounce back, but anyone with two eyes should be shook up by that performance. Seattle's poor performance went beyond the scheduling factors. They were shook from the first snap and it showed.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Rams own us.

We got some of the most amazing plays against them in the NFL this year, both on offense and defense - and managed to beat them at home...on a missed kick well inside reasonable FG distance.

They are built to beat us. Nothing really to try to understand here, we are Paper and they are Scissors.

Thankfully we don't have to beat them in the playoffs because I doubt we could.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Terrible game plan. Terrible execution. Throw everything about this one in the toilet and onto Carolina.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1v6rqj4s said:
It was a short week for a road game against a rejuvenated Rams. That said:

1) Russ Wilson was absolutely dead-eyed and not in the "I'll tear your heart out in a comeback" way. Oh, and the MVP race is over. Strangely, the same exact thing happened last year. Russ came up in the MVP discussion and then completely regressed. It's just...strange.

2) Three games in a row now that Lockett has been MIA

3) The offensive gameplan was...what? I'm not even sure. We never even attempted to establish the run and against the stacked front seven all we did was throw into vertical routes.

4) The Rams ran what should have been our gameplan. They knew that Goff wilts under pressure so they rolled him out over and over and over. The Seahawks, on the other hand, insisted on keeping Russ in the pocket against a withering pass rush and DPOY.

5) The Seahawks were playing against a QB that should've had five picks the last time they played due to constant pressure. So the gameplan this time was to...rush four and sit back in zone five yards off the line? It made zero sense.

6) Even the kicker was off, missing the extra point on the pick-six.

7) Losing Penny hurt, but if we are being honest, his presence wouldn't have changed a thing.

8 ) It was a tough order to go on the road into a division rival's house and knock them off. The Rams have gotten a few pieces back and look like they really turned the corner. That said, Seattle still controls its own faith if in week 17 if they win out, as they should.

It's not over and the team will bounce back, but anyone with two eyes should be shook up by that performance. Seattle's poor performance went beyond the scheduling factors. They were shook from the first snap and it showed.
Looking for something to disagree about
nope, there's nothing. You nailed it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I half expect crap game plans and crap play calling in the first quarter.
What baffles me is the stubborn refusal of this coaching staff to adjust until it’s too late, on both sides of the ball.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We played against an improved Rams team that could very well beat the Niners and run the table.

Russ likely won’t win MVP. I cared about this for most of the season but not now. The fact of the matter is, rooting for an NFL MVP almost means at times rooting for a player to succeed when it may not be what’s best for the team. What if for example Russell forced it against the Vikings when the gameplan called for the running game?

The NFL is a grind. How we end the season is what matters, not MVP. Russell is still the reason we started out great and are where we are right now. And ironically, in years past Russ started slow and ended hot. So I also don’t get the narrative that he was “in the race then regressed.”

olyfan63

Reaction score
Let's root for the Rams to play with this much intensity against the 49ers.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett had a severe leg injury, then came down with the flu and lost 10 - 12 pounds. It takes time to recover that muscle during the season when your body doesn't have time to rest. We've seen with Ansah.

I'm not worried. Inter-Divisional games are a toss up, and this was the Rams "Superbowl" because if they lost that game, their season is over.

I don't like the loss, and blame it on poor execution by the players. But better they get punched in the mouth by the Rams and are insured a sense of urgency, than to have it happen over the next 3 games.

I could see us winning the next 3, getting the NFCW, and possibly the #1 seed.

But, the whole team seemed off. I don't think we'll see that kind of poor play again this season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":3q5cbouf said:
But, the whole team seemed off. I don't think we'll see that kind of poor play again this season.

We were on the wrong end of it Sunday, but what happened is why the NFL is such an exciting league. It's impossible for even the best teams to get up for what it takes to compete at the highest level week in and week out.

Very few weeks you can mail it in, you have to be prepared, healthy and match the other team's intensity, even average teams.............or you see what we saw Sunday night, you get your poop pushed in on national TV.

Also what's great about the NFL, only takes one game to get it all back. Which is what I fully expect to see come Sunday morning.

James in PA

Reaction score
Niners will probably stomp those boys 34-10. We’re the ones who can’t solve the Rams code and it pisses me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts