Let RW run the offense

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Do you guys think RW would run up the score if he was calling the plays?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
sprhawk73":2fepun0h said:
Do you guys think RW would run up the score if he was calling the plays?

The only audibles I saw he checked to in this game didn't have the best results. I don't think it should be all-in for either the OC or Russel to run the offense. There is a reason for having both, they just need to find a good balance. For this last game the announcers commented multiple times on plays that had good concepts built it, and overall I thought the play calling was a pretty good mix, if not calling for RW to shoulder more of the game than typical (which he should be able to). For this game specifically though, I think it was the lack of execution. We missed a lot of throws, and dropped a lot of passes.

NINEster

Reaction score
So let me understand something:

"MVP" weeks 1-6, now needs to call his own plays?

The irony of this discussion is that Wilson already does this -- it's called his scrambling, throws outside the pocket.

I haven't watched much of Kyler Murray, but the two JGs of the division drop straight back and run what's called for them, for better or worse.

Wilson would be doing the same things in SF or LA.

knownone

Reaction score
The offense is fine. They had a bad game. No need to overreact.

Seahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ftprsou said:
Eliminate all horizontal passing plays, then yes.
I agree! Stop with those plays! Has there been even one of those plays that has worked all season?!!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
knownone":3r992imw said:
The offense is fine. They had a bad game. No need to overreact.

Thank you we still have the 3rd best offense in the NFL according to DVOA.

Baltimore had elite corners to play man to man and won their matchups. Not everyone is going to be able to do that.

If I remember correctly we had scored 20 points in 14 straight games which was the most in the NFL

OP
OP
sprhawk73

sprhawk73

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if we are squandering RW's talent? Just saying I feel like he could put up a couple touchdowns real quick if given the reigns. We are explosive and capable of quick scores, no huddles and BAM we are up by a couple scores.

This early game time management crap should be used for closing out games and milking the clock. Our offense just seems lethargic and unproductive. Should our offenses primary purpose be to keep the defense off the field?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
sprhawk73":2ji3vcvz said:
I can't help but wonder if we are squandering RW's talent? Just saying I feel like he could put up a couple touchdowns real quick if given the reigns. We are explosive and capable of quick scores, no huddles and BAM we are up by a couple scores.

This early game time management crap should be used for closing out games and milking the clock. Our offense just seems lethargic and unproductive. Should our offenses primary purpose be to keep the defense off the field?

He has been given the reigns. We have thrown the ball a lot the last three weeks.

The Ravens and 49ers run the ball more than we do

Latest posts