Legion of Butterfingers

blaisio

Reaction score
I have noticed over the last 2 years that our defensive backfield cannot seem to complete the interceptions when they hit their hands. Obviously TT made an insane pick but I watched on the last drive there was at least 3 picks that were dropped by our cornerbacks. McDougal and Shaq specifically. They were in perfect position multiple times but couldn't get off the field cuz they didn't take the ball away. Watching the game I saw about 5 throws that were questionable that our guys didn't come up with.

How do we fix this?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Stick em?

if you're not cheating....you're not the Patriots

vin.couve12

Reaction score
DBs are often DBs because they can't catch worth a damn. You don't really just fix it unless you dedicate yourself to catching better in various ranges and body contortions and even then, the improvement is finite compared to just having good hands naturally.

Sucks, but it is what it is

toffee

Reaction score
vin.couve12":kzz1se4v said:
DBs are often DBs because they can't catch worth a damn. You don't really just fix it unless you dedicate yourself to catching better in various ranges and body contortions and even then, the improvement is finite compared to just having good hands naturally.

Sucks, but it is what it is

may be playing WR with Russ during practice?

chris98251

Reaction score
Our DB's need to have 20 minutes a day catching from the Jugs Machine, I can't remember other then Sherman a worse hands team as far as DB's. Have the Scout QB throw to them defending WR's in practice to learn to get their heads around and track a ball.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
They're also being coached not to allow the big plays so they play off a bit and prepare to make the tackle. Gerenally that's their focus.

As a result, they don't tend to take angles to jump routes... they just don't.

In the Rams last drive there were several passes that could have been intercepted HAD our DBs taken a slightly more aggressive path to undercut the route instead of how they actually covered the play.

The way the Rams were completing passes and chewing up yards, our DBs need to adjust get a bit more aggressive. Watching completed pass after completed pass was frustrating. We were playing too soft.