Latest on Marshawn?

seabowl

Reaction score
Has there been any word or speculation if Beast plays this week?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
He's day to day. We will learn a little more tomorrow. I would guess he will practice on a limited basis on Wednesday and will be questionable until game time.

hawk45

Reaction score
An advantage accrues when one team has better information going into the game about the status of their players. While we certainly will know more about Lynch than Carolina, it feels like the disconnect between Lynch and the team keep us guessing as well, with mutes the advantage to an extent.

Carolina pretty much has to gameplan as if Lynch is playing. I think we sort of do as well, but the best case scenario is a gameplan from us relying on Wilson from the pocket, with a hopefully healthy Lynch as a nice counterpunch.

marko358

Reaction score
Lynch or not, I hope we have a 60/40 pass to run ration in this one. We haven't historically run well against them and their biggest weakness right now is their banged up secondary.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I hope Marshawn comes back and kicks ass. Lots of people are tired of him around here. I want him to remind them just what kind of toughness he brings to this team.

kf3339

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1wn2ogmg said:
I hope Marshawn comes back and kicks ass. Lots of people are tired of him around here. I want him to remind them just what kind of toughness he brings to this team.

I agree, but wouldn't weight my practice runs to him until he absolutely is ready to go mentally and physically. Right now Michael needs to be the #1 RB taking the snaps to get ready to go on Sunday.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":21sn8g9v said:

Yeah, it's pretty special. A rare type of RB that, overall, causes great affect in more ways than one. He and Russell are a force.

I'm not hinting at him being the easiest to manage by any means, but you can't help but note later the positives of working "with" him.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
But why do you flaunt it like he's meaningless now. He's got 3 games left in him at least to make another stab at history. He will.

irocdave

Reaction score
kf3339":108wctip said:
Tech Worlds":108wctip said:

I agree, but wouldn't weight my practice runs to him until he absolutely is ready to go mentally and physically. Right now Michael needs to be the #1 RB taking the snaps to get ready to go on Sunday.

Exactly. Even if Lynch says he's ready to go this week the game plan and more importantly, the carries have to be based around him not being able to go. Cant afford to not be dialed in at game time this Sunday. As also mentioned, the game plan should favor passing over the run this weekend. No more running in to stacked boxes running with guys off the street, the "feeling it out for half the game" deal.

Make an aggressive offensive plan utilizing the strengths of the players available versus the strength of the panthers D. Don't attack their D's strength, take what is their. This offense isn't good enough to impose their will and break a good defense. Dink and dunk like every team that has broken the Hawks stellar D. Do it to perfection, take the shots when the time is right and the Hawks get to advance. Throw the ball on 5 step drops and use all pass catchers, just like what they did in Arizona.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I hope he plays, and contributes in each and all of the Hawks remaining games.

If this truly is it for Lynch, he deserves to go out on a higher note than an injury shortened season filled with fans questioning his impact on the team's success.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Still letting the clueless media tell you the team is sick of him huh. Did we learn nothing from sherman last week?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
So, this post asked for latest news on Marshawn. I read down the thread and posters, some of them longstanding reputable folks, are talking about personal vindication... that they're loyal to Marshawn and others are not? Maybe I've missed something there, but I would tend to believe what was mentioned - that it's the media painting a facade that Seahawks are tired of Marshawn. What complete rubbish. I would think that at a place like .net, that fellow fans wouldn't bring fan appreciation of Marshawn into question. We went through a similar thing with Kam during the holdout.

I think he will play and would love to see him crashing through that tough Panthers Defense and helping to lead this TEAM to another playoff win. But, I seem to remember reading a post quoting Cable saying that he would need to fit into what the Offense is doing now. In the NFL, you go with the hot hand. It goes without saying that Marshawn is a special back. If he's ready to roll, feed the Beast. But, this Offense has also become what it needs to be in the passing game / as a more complete Offense. So, as long as what's going on behind the scenes has nothing to do with anyone insisting on being the focal point of the Offensive game plan... I think Marshawn only makes the team more dangerous.

There's no discounting what Beastmode has meant to this franchise and I'm not ready yet to see him go, if that's where it's headed. Love Rawls and encouraged that there are other backs who are stepping up and will step up. But, watching Marshawn play is special. He's a rare athlete that makes everyone - fan or not - stop what they're doing and take notice.

So, my opinion has nothing to do with how I feel about Marshawn. I want what's best for the team. I think every Seahawks fan would agree. Love Marshawn, but I'm a SEAHAWKS TEAM Fan more than any one player. I'm not really interested in seeing the Seahawks just make a very important playoff game a button on the career of Marshawn as a Seahawk. I'm grateful for the key players that have made significant contributions to their success. But, it's about what's best for the team this Sunday vs. the Panthers. If he's healthy and ready to play, I'd love to see him out there running the ball in a manner that further adds to his legacy.

One more thing. I don't buy any of "It was the right call" garbage. They should have given Marshawn the ball... for the Team and for the fans.

Largent80

Reaction score
I love #24 and want him to play and I'm pretty sure he does too. It would be amazing if he could.

RussB

Reaction score
No way marshawn sits this one out . Unless the injury is worse than everyone thought.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My three least favorite words in the NFL:

"Day-to-day"

Makes me want to punch babies.

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
Aros":26si50qg said:

"Day-to-day"

I think every sports fan in any sport hates that wording. You wish the coach would just come out and be truthful on his status, but they use it to make the other team guess.... From my understand Panthers are going as if he is gonna to play sunday.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
yes, like he needs more surgery and they don't need to do it immediately but they also don't want to tip their hand to their competitors......

jkitsune

Reaction score
FearTheBlitz":3o31uiwk said:
Aros":3o31uiwk said:

"Day-to-day"

I think every sports fan in any sport hates that wording. You wish the coach would just come out and be truthful on his status, but they use it to make the other team guess.... From my understand Panthers are going as if he is gonna to play sunday.

My guess is that Carroll doesn't want to end up looking silly again. It's pretty clear that he has no way of predicting Marshawn's status, so all he can say is whether or not he practiced.

naholmes

Reaction score
Just heard Carroll on NFL radio he said that Lynch will practice today and we will see how he feels but he has a good feeling. When asked about why he didn't travel Carroll simply said that even though he looked alright in practice last week Lynch didn't feel right and could not play. If he can't play there's no reason to travel. It didn't have anything to do with weather.

No nothing new except that he is at practice which means he didn't suffer a significant setback and he has a chance to play Sunday.

Latest posts