Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seymour":1uckxjxn said:
Jimjones0384":1uckxjxn said:
MontanaHawk05":1uckxjxn said:
I don't see Lang signing here, purely because we heard about the possibility before the Seahawks announced it.

PC/JS's modus operandi is to surprise us.

I don't think they could care less about surprising fans of the team. What outside free agent have you heard them say is top priority, and have a huge pitch prepared? I think they are serious about this one. We shall see how serious lang is.

Pretty sure Montana was using /sarc.

I wasn't, really. They're not really thinking of fans when they surprise-sign players - they just like to play everything close to the chest in general.

They also have a vested interest in driving Lang's price up for the Packers. Make them shell out to get the guys they want.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":hpmam1zu said:
Seymour":hpmam1zu said:
Jimjones0384":hpmam1zu said:
MontanaHawk05":hpmam1zu said:
I don't see Lang signing here, purely because we heard about the possibility before the Seahawks announced it.

PC/JS's modus operandi is to surprise us.

I don't think they could care less about surprising fans of the team. What outside free agent have you heard them say is top priority, and have a huge pitch prepared? I think they are serious about this one. We shall see how serious lang is.

I wasn't, really. They're not really thinking of fans when they surprise-sign players - they just like to play everything close to the chest in general.

They also have a vested interest in driving Lang's price up for the Packers. Make them shell out to get the guys they want.

OK?? Well they sure aren't going to avoid signing just because someone mentioned it and ruined "the surprise" either.

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't think we're gonna get him and we haven't done squat in FA yet other than Joekyl. I hope they have some decent fallback plans on the OL. Rooks are gonna take too long to develop. Maybe a trade?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If we get Lang in addition to Joeckel, and maybe add a few contributors in the draft, we can get to the Super Bowl. No doubt in my mind.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seymour":19h7p2rx said:
MontanaHawk05":19h7p2rx said:
Seymour":19h7p2rx said:

OK?? Well they sure aren't going to avoid signing just because someone mentioned it and ruined "the surprise" either.[/quote]

I doubt they're really interested in signing him. I could always be wrong, though.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think hearing nothing is better than something. Makes me believe that the Seahawks put a real serious offer on the table and Lang is negotiating as well weighing out his other offers.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":32hnhknn said:
I think hearing nothing is better than something. Makes me believe that the Seahawks put a real serious offer on the table and Lang is negotiating as well weighing out his other offers.

Agreed.

Lang would be a YUGE addition to the team. Top tier lineman the likes of which we haven't seen in some time.

Wonder if RW is making a personal plea to both Lang and the Front Office to make it happen? After last season, I sure as hell would. Guy's got mouths to feed.

Josea16

Reaction score
LolaRox":2d3fh4hc said:
Do you think Lang might be asking for something like Ronald Leary got? If so, would you be comfortable with it?

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status ... 4935217153

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/839890924935217153[/tweet]

below is a link to the details, according to overthecap.com

https://overthecap.com/player/ronald-leary/656
That's a bargain in this insane OL market. No way we get him that cheap. If we did just accept John Schneider as the greatest GM in NFL history.

RussB

Reaction score
Heard on twitter lang went back home to weigh his options and will make a decision soon. Dont know if true though and cant remember who tweeted it.

razor150

Reaction score
RussB":1b1uyyrr said:
Heard on twitter lang went back home to weigh his options and will make a decision soon. Dont know if true though and cant remember who tweeted it.

If that is true, then I doubt he'll be signing with us. When has this FO ever did what it took to get a top shelf player? We got Avril and Bennett on prove it deals when the market dried up, a G like Lang's market probably won't dry up like theirs because he is a proven player. The only time they overpay for a player is when they trade for one, or is a Corner on the wrong side of 30 who hasn't played well in years.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RussB":1xxcgpkw said:
If this is true, he's not signing here.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
well who do we go after next????? Time to convert more defensive players, hockey players, basketball players, chess players I guess...

chris98251

Reaction score
Marshall Newhouse
RT 28
Tom Compton
T 27
Kelvin Beachum
LT 27
Michael Person
G 28
Eric Winston
RT 33
Ricky Wagner
RT 27
Ted Larsen
G 29
Vladimir Ducasse
G 29
Ryan Groy
G 26
Garry Gilliam
RT 26
Nick Mangold
C 33
Ryan Clady
LT 30
T.J. Lang
G 29
Brandon Fusco
G 28
Breno Giacomini
RT 31
Sebastian Vollmer
RT 32
Gosder Cherilus
RT 32
Andre Smith
RT 30
D.J. Fluker
G 25
Tim Barnes
C 28
Chris Chester
G 34
Byron Bell
RT 28
Jordan Mills
RT 26
Austin Pasztor
T 26
Tim Lelito
G 27
Matt McCants
RT 27
Joe Hawley
C 28
Jermon Bushrod
G 32
Cody Wallace
C 32
William Beatty
LT 32
Jahri Evans
G 33
Bradley Sowell
LT 27
John Sullivan
C 31
Jake Long
LT 31
Ryan Wendell
C 31
Chris Scott
G 29
Tony Hills
LT 32
Mike Adams
LT 27
Andrew Gardner
G 30
Hugh Thornton
G 25
Nick Becton
LT 27
Patrick Omameh
G 27
Taylor Boggs
G 30
Brian Schwenke
C 25
Earl Watford
RT 26
Sam Brenner
C 26
Kenny Wiggins
G 28
Oday Aboushi
G 25
David Quessenberry
LT 26
Andrew Tiller
G 26
Avery Young
T 24
De'Ondre Wesley
G 24
David Yankey
G 25
Jeremy Vujnovich
LT 26
Terrence Magee
RT 23
James Hurst
LT 25
Jonotthan Harrison
C 25
Willie Beavers
T 23
Cole Manhart
G 24
Valerian Ume-Ezeoke
C 24
Garrett Reynolds
G 29

Josea16

Reaction score
razor150":2m2qaht8 said:
RussB":2m2qaht8 said:

If that is true, then I doubt he'll be signing with us. When has this FO ever did what it took to get a top shelf player? We got Avril and Bennett on prove it deals when the market dried up, a G like Lang's market probably won't dry up like theirs because he is a proven player. The only time they overpay for a player is when they trade for one, or is a Corner on the wrong side of 30 who hasn't played well in years.
Absolutely not true. The current OL market is insane but we have a serious chance. Avril and Bennett were second tier guys. We said "prove it". They did so we did. Enough said. Don't be angry we are trying the same for the OL. At least we are trying something and if we somehow get Lang we have our average OL which Russell will dominate behind and our loser injured running backs might do something far a whole season. We lose to Atlanta because we can't run the ball? Just sickening and needs to be addressed. We will go with what we have and draft defense.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Lang wasn't going to sign the dotted line today any how... if he had a late visit, then obvtchiously he would have to wait for the next day to see what the Packers want to do or if the Lions counter. He has a heavy decision to make and I'm sure the Seahawks made him a great offer that he'll serious consider but he was pretty adamant have giving the Pack a chance to match or has to outweigh if Seattle's offer is better for his career or if he revels playing in Michigan.

Tough decision... Seahawks don't seem like a take it or leave it type of operation. If anything they seem pretty good at giving free agents fair market value (in that given year, top deals really) Which imo leads me to believe that Lang got a quality offer from the Seahawks that is the tune of $10-12m with around $20-25m guaranteed. But we already know we aren't his first choice, now we wait to see what GB and Det do.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Is this guy any good? I have never heard of this guy until the past few days. Id rather not throw money at average players