Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think they'll offer 5 years, 55m with 25 m guaranteed. About the same contract Kalil got with the Panthers and just below Reiff's contract but higher than all other OGs. If you include a 15m signing bonus, prorated across 5 years to 3m. You could give Lang another 4m in 2017 salary for a total hit of 7m in 2018. Which would leave 36m to contribute over 4 years, where his apy becomes $12m per.

Which is okay, cap space will keep increasing, and Seahawks can easily obtain almost $10m in cap space next season by cutting or trading Kearse and Lane.

That should price it out of GBs range, and make it hard for Lions or Broncos to pursue. Both teams continue to add free agents and The Broncos are holding out for Romo.

I feel like the Seahawks are in a good spot as long as they don't lowball Lang. They need to blow him away.

What I like about Lang is that he probably can play all 5 spots although I don't think he's been tried at C. But I would grade him out as:

RG: Elite
LG: Sub-Elite
RT: Above Average
LT: Average

While I think Lang's performance and play is a big part of the package, I think Lang' s overall experience and leadership intangibles he brings might even be more valuable the team. And all of it together makes well worth the price at any cost up to $12m per.

I didn't invest much thought into Lang prior to FA, becuz I thought he would have been GBs top priority but that proved to be Nick Perry. And I had my heart set on Leary for 8-9m.

But after digging in Lang might be the best addition to the team out of all FA OL with his overall versatility and being right in his prime plus his overall experience as a winner and as well the leadership he would bring.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No way we let him get away.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NathanE11/status/840001718691680256[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2vfuw8tb said:
......While I think Lang's performance and play is a big part of the package, I think Lang' s overall experience and leadership intangibles he brings might even be more valuable the team. And all of it together makes well worth the price at any cost up to $12m per.

I didn't invest much thought into Lang prior to FA, becuz I thought he would have been GBs top priority but that proved to be Nick Perry. And I had my heart set on Leary for 8-9m.

But after digging in Lang might be the best addition to the team out of all FA OL with his overall versatility and being right in his prime plus his overall experience as a winner and as well the leadership he would bring.

Packers just signed Bennett and I think we may have a shot at this and agree. ^^^ $12M seems a bit high, but I think this guy is worth overpaying just a bit because he is near a certain big help. I hope they saved enough $$ to pull this off and do something with Kam and possibly Jimmy. Jimmy may end up being the long term cost though.

Seymour

Reaction score
The more I think about possibly let Jimmy walk in 2018 and the draft being TE strong with 3 3rds, plus hopefully Vannett taking a step forward...this is beginning to make a lot of sense. I heard one report that Lang did not let 1 sack or even 1 pressure the first 14 games last season...REALLY got my attention. Doesn't make sense to keep Graham in to block and pay that. That is part of the prob. with the run game, and Bevell gets about 60-70% out of him so not worth it. Sucks but that is life in the fast lane.

King Dog

Reaction score
Beachum gone now too..... Tik tok

I think all that's left of the "big name" guys is Clady, Mangold and Austin Pasztor.

nwgamer

Reaction score
with Denver signing an OG today .. that might take them out of the picture too here.... :snack:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think it's down to us and The Lions.

Both teams have around 26m in cap space but those figures do not include Joeckel nor

DJ Hayden, Ricky Wagner, Cornelius Washington and Paul Worrilow with the Lions.

Per Sporttrac.

chris98251

Reaction score
As the options thin teams will go desperate and over pay all the more for mediocre or worse talent knowing that the draft pool is thin and healthy O lineman thinner.

Don't expect us to over pay just to get one with last years models still here as well.

Seafan

Reaction score

TAB420

Reaction score
I think it's more like 5 years 50 million...back loaded. First year between 6-8 mil.

King Dog

Reaction score
I wouldn't even worry about the cap. There's a bazillion ways they can massage it. Hopefully he wants to play here. Options are limited and obviously the FO knows it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Getting Lang would be a double win. Adding a solid lineman and weakening a conference rival in the process. Get it done Schneider.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't see Lang signing here, purely because we heard about the possibility before the Seahawks announced it.

PC/JS's modus operandi is to surprise us.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3pwxxi6n said:
I don't see Lang signing here, purely because we heard about the possibility before the Seahawks announced it.

I don't think they could care less about surprising fans of the team. What outside free agent have you heard them say is top priority, and have a huge pitch prepared? I think they are serious about this one. We shall see how serious lang is.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1wlb7q7r said:
MontanaHawk05":1wlb7q7r said:

I don't think they could care less about surprising fans of the team. What outside free agent have you heard them say is top priority, and have a huge pitch prepared? I think they are serious about this one. We shall see how serious lang is.

Pretty sure Montana was using /sarc.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seymour":sfm4170o said:
Jimjones0384":sfm4170o said:
MontanaHawk05":sfm4170o said:

Pretty sure Montana was using /sarc.

Yeah, thought it was a possibility. So hard to tell sometimes with the sarcastic crap people put on here. Sorry. Still meant what I said about rolling out the red carpet.