Lance traded to Cowboys

Weadoption

Reaction score
would be so cool to see him get his shot and perform well. I’ll be rooting for him.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
would be so cool to see him get his shot and perform well. I’ll be rooting for him.

Barring injury to both Dak and Rush, how is he supposed to get his opportunity?

The Cowboys already have Cooper Rush to run scout team. Trey’s role is that of a Brandon Allen, to dress As the emergency qb and rely mostly on classroom instruction, which Trey had exclusively for a year.

How Is more of that supposed to help?

bileever

Reaction score
Kawakami explains all the breadcrumb moments to show where Kyles mind has been since the bfeginning.

Interesting read, thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard that version of events. I had read somewhere that Shanahan loved Lance from the start. The idea of trading 3 firsts to draft a QB, any QB, is just cray cray. I don't think Mac Jones for 3 firsts would have made sense either.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Interesting read, thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard that version of events. I had read somewhere that Shanahan loved Lance from the start. The idea of trading 3 firsts to draft a QB, any QB, is just cray cray. I don't think Mac Jones for 3 firsts would have made sense either.
There’s this narrative around Trey that’s mostly been ppl believing he can be him, a narrative rooted in faith.

He was assumed to be a runner, but never ran a 40.
He was assumed to be a high processor but Hasn’t displayed that rookie instinct seen from Aiden O’Connell, Jake Haener, Dtr and Clayton Tune, to say nothing of Purdy.
It was assumed that a full year of scout team reps would help, but he hasn’t mastered the job like those rookies above, all selected fourth round or lower.
It was assumed that carting Him along to every away game for a year to contribte “insight” would help him apply it. See the Raiders game.

Then Jerruh came along and unbeknownst to his own qb and coach instilled this guy, but with no plans other than to try what sf has already tried. Even Steve Young said Dallas wasn’t the best situation, but the fourth round pick was.

This kid’s comp is probably Josh Rosen.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
That's excellent. One thing I would like to add , is where and who the prospect played college football. He wasn't tearing the world a new ass at North Dakota.

How the hell did they think he was going to get to the NFC West without problems?
And who did the 9ers think was going to snatch the kid so early? Seems likely he would have been around MUCH later?? I don't recall much of that draft or talk about Lance - was he a hot commodity?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Thank You for.........???

Thank You for not having Micah Parsons or Anyone else off the three firsts and a third?

Thanks for not absorbing Jack from a year running the scout team by yourself?

Or any of the insight you were supposedly being carted around to every away game, eve, to absorb?

They gave him over 20m in signing bonus. He should thank them

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Lol, Trey admits he’s at “square zero” guess that 20m from the 9ers is good for a rookie dinner?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
um...what do I need to get that I didn't get before.

You were basically attacking his character for staying with the team after injury. Not clear whatsoever what that has to do with any of this.

No, Ive been saying that the 2022 attempt by 49ers marketing to portray Lance as “helping” was a snow job to fans. They Marketed it like it was Mahomes or Burrow they were carting around to impart wisdom when Lance had none to give, nor had he absorbed it.

Seak

Reaction score
That blows for the guy, 49ers totally took a gamble on him and it blew up their faces.
I know I'm late to the party but I didn't think anything of the trade at the time (moving up)
He probably had a ton of pressure on him and also just wasnt good enough.
Even though they traded him, this ones gonna be that stormy cloud over there head for a while

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
That blows for the guy, 49ers totally took a gamble on him and it blew up their faces.
I know I'm late to the party but I didn't think anything of the trade at the time (moving up)
He probably had a ton of pressure on him and also just wasnt good enough.
Even though they traded him, this ones gonna be that stormy cloud over there head for a while

I’ve never liked the trade or the player, but come on, he is better than Brandon Allen.

Marvin49

Reaction score

Weadoption

Reaction score
Florio is a moron. I don't think that I really need to sell that one here as he's kinda universally moronic RE all 32 teams.

He's saying here that Lance was actually QB4 and thats why they traded him. No. He was competing for QB2, lost, and wanted out.
surprised Florio’s latest click narrative wasnt that Lance was qb #6. Colletto has qb skills and McCaffrey had the highest passer rating on the team last year for minimum of 1 attempt.
/cue eye roll

Marvin49

Reaction score
Florio doesn't do any actual reporting, doesn't interview player, coaches or GMs to get real information. He just gives his hot takes on stuff to get clicks.

I mean according to Florio the 49ers QB every year has intermittently been Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Kirk Cousins.

He passes his opinion as fact. No biggy....but I don't take anything he says about any team seriously.