Kudos to the O-Line. Yeah...I said it...

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
PASS PROTECTION:
0 sacks
6 QB hits (which were admittedly brutal). One was a roughing the passer penalty so it was illegal.

RUN BLOCKING:
1 Tackle allowed for a loss.
5.7 yards per carry
5.0 yards per carry for Marshawn alone.

PENALTIES:
1 (Holding to Miller, the tight end)
Zero penalties from tackle to tackle.

Even while having to use a backup center...and two backup tackles. And a different left guard than usual. Plus Bowie got hurt and left for a bit.

Against a pretty aggressive/underrated D-line.
1pCQvb.AuSt.5.jpeg

The D-Line should take a beating like the O-line did last week. The Hawks D-line had 3 penalties (one declined) and had no run defense.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Seemed like Russ improved at times with getting the ball out earlier and avoided a few sacks he has taken in the past this season. We definitely showed a couple things that have been missing from this offense with the quick passing game, which is encouraging. Russ made a couple really bad passes that were uncharacteristic, and if you couple them with that atrocious PI on Earl which took away a turnover, it's a totally different game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RW's legs saved at least 3 sacks that I can recall. Obviously it was a better showing than last week but there's still a long way to go IMO.

Anyone have solid info on Bailey replacing McQuistan at LT.....how many plays, etc. Maybe someone DVR'd it and can report back about how he played and how the rest of the line did in that configuration.

OP
OP
CortezKennedyfan

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1hubkxdg said:
RW's legs saved at least 3 sacks that I can recall. Obviously it was a better showing than last week but there's still a long way to go IMO.

Anyone have solid info on Bailey replacing McQuistan at LT.....how many plays, etc. Maybe someone DVR'd it and can report back about how he played and how the rest of the line did in that configuration.

Wilson's legs save at least 3 sacks every week, healthy O-line or not. You could say the same thing about most QBs these days....

As for Bailey...

Basically at one point, before the end of the half on the touchdown pass to Jermaine Kearse. James Carpenter was out. BENCHED. Paul McQuistan went to LG. Alvin Bailey went to LT. What was odd was that it was the same drive that Bowie went out with a knee injury.

Not sure how long he played for.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
i don't think carp got benched. i think they just gave him a breather while seeing what bailey could do at tackle.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Carp definitely got benched. Just read an article on ESPN saying that they decided to move McQ back to guard and brought in the other rookie Bailey at LT to see if they could generate better protection. I read between the lines that McQ isn't working out at LT and Carp isn't working out at LG. Article and my eyes said that it seemed to work because we looked pretty good in the second half.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Not so fast.

ESPN Terry Blount":23wz1jun said:
Wilson still was put under duress a career-high 55 percent of his dropbacks (16-of-29) against the Bucs. He entered the game as the most pressured quarterback in the NFL at 39 percent of his dropbacks.

The pass protection was atrocious and statistically the worst of Wilson's career. The difference in this game is that the Bucs did not have Long and Quinn's edge rushing to contain Wilson's scramble and Wilson managed the pressure much more effectively. Wilson deserved some of the blame for the sacks in St. Louis, and he deserves much of the praise for avoiding them vs. Tampa. He still took way too many shots in this game and if you want him to have a long career here that should be one of your primary concerns.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
Schadie001":64xfbve4 said:
Carp definitely got benched. Just read an article on ESPN saying that they decided to move McQ back to guard and brought in the other rookie Bailey at LT to see if they could generate better protection. I read between the lines that McQ isn't working out at LT and Carp isn't working out at LG. Article and my eyes said that it seemed to work because we looked pretty good in the second half.

didnt bailey just play 4 snaps ? i think they just gave carp a breather.

Latest posts