KJ Wright

Seahawker86

Reaction score
sam1313":1lk7xrl9 said:
RW >>>> than Cutler, and it isn't close. I wouldn't trade him for any of the elite QBs you mentioned, and I don't think you have any evidence he can't throw 30-40 times a game successfully. That said, I agree somewhat about RW's upcoming contract, but I think it will be about 75-80% of what he could get elsewhere (20 mil), with a large portion of that guaranteed.

OH, and I love me some KJ. Please keep him. He and Kam really set the hitting tone for this defense.

I never said he can't throw it 30-40 times, he just won't. PC teams aren't set up for that. They don't lean heavily on a pure passer. We all know they run the ball and play great defense. BC of this we don't need a Cutler, a Manning, a Brady and the 20milliom contract that comes with it. Its just not going to happen.

Ask Brock and Danny and see what they have to say. I would love to hear them discuss it

Smellyman

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":2oe41mdq said:
I love Russell Wilson, I do. He helped lead our team to its first Superbowl.

The fact of the matter is he is also benefiting from playing with one of the best defenses of all time, and has one of the best RBs in the game in Marshawn Lynch. He isn't a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Bree, Jay Cutler type QB. Those teams need these guys to perform to win games. If they perform poorly they team loses, plain and simple. They throw the ball 30-40 times a game and will be paid very highly to do so.

With RW only throwing about 20 times a game, yes b/c he is asked to only do so, the game really isn't put on his back to win it week in and week out. Let me repeat that...week in and week out. Meaning I am NOT saying that RW can't put A game or 2 on his shoulders and win it for us. He has done it before, but he isn't asked to do it as some of the Elite QBs are asked to do it.

Russell Wilson is not elite. He is however special in his own way and he does not turn the ball over which helps our defense out a lot by not putting them in bad situations via field position.

He is however in that second tier of QBs. The ones with unique qualities, that in the RIGHT SITUATION, will take you to the playoffs and give you a chance to make a run.

I listen to Brock and Danny's podcast every day almost. Danny has said that Russell Wilson is what he is and will never be that 30+ passes a game QB that some of us think he might be once Lynch is gone and we possibly no longer can lean this heavily on the running game. I truly believe in this statement.

Sherman, ET, Bennett, Kam...all guys who are either THE BEST at their respective position, or in that top or 2nd tier. They were paid in that right. RW is NOT in the top teir of QBs ala the top 5. P.Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and maybe even Cutler. Those guys command 17+ Million a year b/c they are the top tier.

Russell Wilson won't be paid more than 15 million a year. I see the actually betweeen 11-13 a year.

Excpet far too often they have played it close and sooooo often RW pulls the rabbit out of the hat. He is unbelievably clutch and has won many games when put on his shoulders. Could have been two super bowls in a row had the D done their job in Atlanta after RW dismantled them.

kthebestwayw":2oe41mdq said:
He isn't a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Bree, Jay Cutler type QB. Those teams need these guys to perform to win games.

True. He could be better.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1x8anwys said:
LB'S are a plenty. I doubt we break the bank for any Lb. Wright is the most versatile on the team. He could play all 3 positions. But is not worth more than 4 mil. I'd like to see him on 2 year deal but he could fetch 6 mil from somebody
Certainly worth noting how good KJ was at Mike in the 2 games that Wags was out last year. KJ killed it!

nwgamer

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":2hpp5hls said:
PC and JS really value Wright. He has the size and enough speed to keep up with most TEs leaving Kam to roam more around freely when needed. Remember when he was down last year in S.F. ? Everyone was freaking out because we weren't sure how to fill that void.

I love KJ and I expect us to sign both Wagner and KJ to multi year deals.

Every great defense has their two core LBers. Wagner and KJ wright are our two core guys. That's not going to change. We will have the money.

I've said this before and I will keep saying it. Russell Wilson isn't going to command as much as you all expect. He is a winner and doesn't want to hamper his team by a 16-20 mil a year deal. Russell isn't money hungry, he just wasn't brought up that way. He's in it to win it. Taking a team friendly deal will help build a dynasty

This! I want to believe this 100%. I have been thinking the exact same thing here with RW. I hope JS signs RW before Kaeper gets a deal.. probably not going to happen but I think RW's deal might be something the 49'rs might wait to see before extending him. RW is going to go for less then CK.

Edit: last I heard CK's deal was on hold ...maybe they'll wait...

Perfundle

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":1be3928j said:
Russell Wilson won't be paid more than 15 million a year. I see the actually betweeen 11-13 a year.
Alex Smith is asking for $18 million per year. So is Andy Dalton. Kaepernick wants $20 million. You're underestimating the going price for even second-tier QBs right now, and all three of them are worse than WIlson.

Latest posts