Key Hawks improvement that you like to see for 2021

toffee

Reaction score
For me:
Improvement on third down conversions to be top ten, from bottom ten.

Success in two conversions: Taylor to LB, Collier to DT,

Sacks between 45-50

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I would answer this question in terms of schematics if thats ok.

Intermediate passes to beat the cover 2

I want to see Wilson attack the middle of the field and take the 7 yard completion.
Get the other team to bring a safety down in the box, then take the deep shot to one of the speedy wideouts.

The offense's inability to adjust to the cover 2 scheme last year was our downfall.
Schematically, I hope Waldron can incorporate a passing attack to take advantage of the 2 deep safety look if teams want to defend us that way next year.
Carroll's answer was to run the ball more to force their D to stack the box, but a medium range passing attack would be a better solution, while mixing in the run.

Whether it's scheme or Wilson's ability to execute and take the easy completion, that's what I'd like the Seahawks to improve on next season.
Less hero ball from Wilson. Longer sustained drives to keep our defense fresh.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2121ayap said:
I would answer this question in terms of schematics if thats ok.

Intermediate passes to beat the cover 2

I want to see Wilson attack the middle of the field and take the 7 yard completion.
Get the other team to bring a safety down in the box, then take the deep shot to one of the speedy wideouts.

The offense's inability to adjust to the cover 2 scheme last year was our downfall.
Schematically, I hope Waldron can incorporate a passing attack to take advantage of the 2 deep safety look if teams want to defend us that way next year.
Carroll's answer was to run the ball more to force their D to stack the box, but a medium range passing attack would be a better solution, while mixing in the run.

Whether it's scheme or Wilson's ability to execute and take the easy completion, that's what I'd like the Seahawks to improve on next season.
Less hero ball from Wilson. Longer sustained drives to keep our defense fresh.
Fantastic points, we shall find out if we were unwilling (mostly on Pete) or unable (mostly on Russ) to make those soon.

cymatica

Reaction score
Tempo. I want to see them have a better command of it. Get to the line with plenty of time so you have the option for a quick snap or running the play clock down.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That's not really a conversion for Collier, to be honest. He lines up inside on the majority of his snaps. The big end in bear lines up around the 3.

Rule

Reaction score
i’d like to go for 2 more often than not after TD’s. Carson on the 2 yard line? all day.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3dcdnnul said:
I'd like to see us have better success running the ball. Nothing takes the pressure off a QB like running the ball with good effect.
Oh man, some would say that you sounded like Pete Carroll lol. I not only totally agree with you, I would like it if they run it with more creativity not just straight up.

Own The West

Reaction score
I'll say, "Me too" in a different way: I want to see us hit them where they're not on offense.

On defense, I want to see us start like we finished. Should be possible with two new starters instead of 5...

xray

Reaction score
That Wilson's uniform wouldn't need to be laundered after a game . Really clean . :D

chris98251

Reaction score
I want attitude back, I want to see this team return to punching teams in the mouth and dare them to hit back and then smack them again and take their heart.

I want to see the defense create turnovers and score off them, interceptions, fumbles and sacks with the ball knocked loose.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Quicker passing game. Actually calling plays that ADJUST to what the defense is doing. Not in the 4th quarter, in the 1st quarter. They must improve on 3rd down offense AND defense.