Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch, Pam Oliver on @NFLonFOX's call

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Good lord, some of you guys are wound too damn tight. I have literally no care one way or another about ANY crew.

I mean I guess if you held a gun to my head I'd take Gruden just cause he's funny some times and the POV of a former superbowl winning coach is cool. But honestly the hate and vitriol some of you guys have to guys that talk about the football game is really mind boggling..... let me guess your the same guys that got all bent out of shape about Romos comments on Detroits D?????

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
gowazzu02":19vvyz7g said:
Good lord, some of you guys are wound too damn tight. I have literally no care one way or another about ANY crew.

I mean I guess if you held a gun to my head I'd take Gruden just cause he's funny some times and the POV of a former superbowl winning coach is cool. But honestly the hate and vitriol some of you guys have to guys that talk about the football game is really mind boggling..... let me guess your the same guys that got all bent out of shape about Romos comments on Detroits D?????

Phil Simms literally gets paid money to be a stupid human being.

I sure wish I could get that gig.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":fea027f9 said:
gowazzu02":fea027f9 said:

Phil Simms literally gets paid money to be a stupid human being.

I sure wish I could get that gig.

Simms is a superbowl winning qb and knows the game inside and out. You ever think that just because someone disagrees with your point of view that doesn't make them stupid or wrong?

chris98251

Reaction score
canfan":2uzthdvn said:
I like the crew in general, but I have no respect for Pam Oliver after she bragged about challenging the refs prior to the game in Candlestick last year about whether or not they were going to call Seattle on defensive holding. After the game, Pete's only comment on the refs was that he wished they would call both teams the same way, so you have to think there was an impact from her actions. Then she tried to make KJ Wright sound like a drug crazed lunatic when he was frustrated over injuring his foot and threw his helmet. AND lets not forget how she was almost in tears interviewing Jim Harbaugh after the NFC conference game last year. I like to think that her lack of professionalism when it came to Seattle last year cost her a job with the #1 broadcast crew.

No it's because Fox wants blonde young big boobed women on the sidelines, not adopted pets.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pam-oliver-hair.jpg

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3pvr5k59 said:
Simms is a superbowl winning qb and knows the game inside and out. You ever think that just because someone disagrees with your point of view that doesn't make them stupid or wrong?

To your question: of course a person can be extremely intelligent and disagree with me completely.

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, Simms didn't win that Super Bowl but in fact watched Jeff Hostetler win it, which is neither here nor there. Athletes can have significant success on the playing field and still be stupid. If you don't realize that, then you haven't had many conversations with athletes at your schools growing up.

I think that across the country, everyone in every household should take five minutes per evening and weep for Jim Nantz that he has to work with such a buffoon on his NFL broadcasts.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":p69578wl said:
gowazzu02":p69578wl said:

To your question: of course a person can be extremely intelligent and disagree with me completely.

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, Simms didn't win that Super Bowl but in fact watched Jeff Hostetler win it, which is neither here nor there. Athletes can have significant success on the playing field and still be stupid. If you don't realize that, then you haven't had many conversations with athletes at your schools growing up.

I think that across the country, everyone in every household should take five minutes per evening and weep for Jim Nantz that he has to work with such a buffoon on his NFL broadcasts.
Sims won it in 86.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":216ejnbo said:
gowazzu02":216ejnbo said:

Were not asking Phil to talk politics or national debt or foreign affairs. We want him to describe why a receiver chose the wrong option running the out instead of the hook on an option route. Either way dont take it so personal, or pay too much attention. you will enjoy the games more.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":nkewzap5 said:
MidwestHawker":nkewzap5 said:
I don't think that Aikman is very good on color, but I've found him to be a lot more professional than most when it comes to avoiding the appearance of bias toward his old team.

Agreed, Aikman does a good job of staying neutral for the most part, and that is all a fan can really ask for. Was truly hoping Pam Oliver would never soil the Clink again. C'est La Vie!

How can you say they are neutral at all? Was it the SF game where they droned on for 15 minutes on how unjust the refs didn't call a PI call on us???? They kept referring to the play even later on in the game But they quickly dismissed the the failed PI call on the Cowboys vs Lions last week after the ref picked up the flag. And they never even mentioned the hold on Suh. Aikman is a serious homer.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Chawks1":1thgg967 said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1thgg967 said:
MidwestHawker":1thgg967 said:
I don't think that Aikman is very good on color, but I've found him to be a lot more professional than most when it comes to avoiding the appearance of bias toward his old team.

Agreed, Aikman does a good job of staying neutral for the most part, and that is all a fan can really ask for. Was truly hoping Pam Oliver would never soil the Clink again. C'est La Vie!

How can you say they are neutral at all? Was it the SF game where they droned on for 15 minutes on how unjust the refs didn't call a PI call on us???? They kept referring to the play even later on in the game But they quickly dismissed the the failed PI call on the Cowboys vs Lions last week after the ref picked up the flag. And they never even mentioned the hold on Suh. Aikman is a serious homer.

I mean, I don't still have access to the coverage or anything, but I'm pretty sure I remember Aikman insisting that it was the wrong call to pick that up and that it should have been pass interference. If your case is that he didn't harp on it as much as he harped on some call in some totally unrelated game that had nothing to do with the Cowboys, I'm not really sure what to say to that.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I'd seriously finally break down and get a DVR if someone can tell me you can set it to delay like 5 seconds so I can listen to Steve R??
Please tell me this is possible?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":gtc6q571 said:
You can pause your DVR and line it up with a radio broadcast, sure.
I just realized I'm an idiot.......... It will only work if he was seconds BEHIND the TV broadcast. DUR!!!!

UGH

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Is it just my provider that delays the broadcast? Or is it a region thing?
My GF in TX last year was seeing it in real time that matched radio, yet Comcast broadcast was 5-6 seconds behind radio here in Seattle.
I'd be on the phone and she'd cheer before it happened. WTH??
Anyone out of town (WA) listen to the Radio and the TV and have it match?

Panther Jase

Reaction score
Lynch should be pretty pro-seahawk... because he hates the panthers. Must still be salty from his playing days.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I like Aikman and Buck, they do a good job. Are we mad at them because they don't always suck up to the Seahawks or something? Thought i remember that was the consensus for the 49ers game in Seattle this year.

I really like Cris Collinsworth lately. Big shoes to fill stepping in for Madden with Al Michaels and he's come around. He does a great job of breaking down what's happening and seems to be able to really evaluate what is about to happen in their games.