Kenny Britt to the Seahawks?

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
According to Profootballtalk.com titans are trying to get a 3rd rounder for him but will most likely get a 5th rounder, why not the Seahawks? I know Britt gets injured a lot like Rice, but at this point I think Britt would be better for our long term, I would have rather given up a 5th for him than for Chris Harper an unproven rookie who couldn't make our team.

JonRud

Reaction score
not interested. great talent but always either hurt or being a problem in the LR. get Harvin in here and we will be fine at WR.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
While he's an astounding talent, he's too much of a headcase to risk a 2nd to get. (We don't have a 3rd and they likely won't accept our 4th.)

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
We would all like to see the team trade 5th round picks for guys commanding a 3rd. Those don't happen too often.

If it were put to a vote on acquiring Britt, mine would be NO. No, thank you.

Axx

Reaction score
but that means we won't be able to draft another Wilson in the 3rd round.

Basis4day

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3cdepnc1 said:
What's his contract?

1.88 Million this year. Last year of his contract. $983,752 in Dead money.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Basis4day":3hp09mxl said:
RichNhansom":3hp09mxl said:
What's his contract?

1.88 Million this year. Last year of his contract. $983,752 in Dead money.

Last year of his contract, and it makes sense the Titans will try to garner a pick for him. He could use a change of scenery and the Titans probably won't give him a new contract.

I can think of a few teams with extra picks that would take the risk.

jblaze

Reaction score
Why not pick him up and drop Rice in the offseason? Rice has underperformed and is certainly not worth the 9 or 10 mil we're paying him. Britt would likely resign for 2-3 mil and could take the role of our #1 opposite Tate (if he resigns) with Harvin in the slot/back field.

Pick6

Reaction score
No one is going to give up a 3rd rounder for someone to play 10 regular season games who is also injury prone, headcase, and the last year of his contract.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Yeah, Britt killed us yesterday. I would totally want all that production.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I think the guy's knees are not what they used to be, he seems a lot slower than he was a few season/injuries ago, too bad, but I wouldn't look to add him.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":11juszqu said:

Meh, I'd take a swing at it for a 5th. Munchek has securely placed Britt in the dog house, I read he got 2 snaps. He did get a catch in 50% of his catches though?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pehawk":ewii3pla said:
Scottemojo":ewii3pla said:

Meh, I'd take a swing at it for a 5th. Munchek has securely placed Britt in the dog house, I read he got 2 snaps. He did get a catch in 50% of his catches though?

Wow. I didn't even realize he played. I thought he was just out with an injury again.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":89r5uur9 said:
Scottemojo":89r5uur9 said:

Stop with the logic.
Who was that roided up waste the Cards had for a while? Boston? Totally reminds me of Britt.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Showmeyourtd's":2ot2khfb said:
According to Profootballtalk.com titans are trying to get a 3rd rounder for him but will most likely get a 5th rounder, why not the Seahawks? I know Britt gets injured a lot like Rice, but at this point I think Britt would be better for our long term, I would have rather given up a 5th for him than for Chris Harper an unproven rookie who couldn't make our team.
He's not even worth a 5th. I'd give them a 6th for him, just on potential. Injury risks, lack of effort, headcase, and drama are not worth anything higher.