Keep this in mind folks

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Today we were without: Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancellor, Byron Maxwell, Malcolm Smith, Max Unger, Russell Okung and Zach Miller

They were replaced by: Brock Coyle, DeShawn Shead, Marcus Burley, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Patrick Lewis, Alvin Bailey and Luke Willson

Yes, I understand we were playing the winless Raiders, who are an awful football team. But to have that big a drop off at that many positions and still come away with a victory.......pretty damn good. It's not easy to win in the NFL (just ask the 49ers and Chargers this evening).

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Every team has injuries/suspensions/crap to deal with. Some injuries derail seasons. A wins a win and that is what matters.

idahohawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":uh5rt8fw said:
Today we were without: Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancellor, Byron Maxwell, Malcolm Smith, Max Unger, Russell Okung and Zach Miller

They were replaced by: Brock Coyle, DeShawn Shead, Marcus Burley, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Patrick Lewis, Alvin Bailey and Luke Willson

Yes, I understand we were playing the winless Raiders, who are an awful football team. But to have that big a drop off at that many positions and still come away with a victory.......pretty damn good. It's not easy to win in the NFL (just ask the 49ers and Chargers this evening).

Great perspective. I was a negative Ned the entire game. It was painful. But it was a W. Need to get healthy.

HawkEye

Reaction score
Absolutely, this is great coaching folks. With all the backups I expected double the penalties and half the points.

Northhawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":xd8p3m1i said:

Exactly. Add on the rain which was heavy at times, an opponent who is better than their record and you get an ugly win.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
HEY, if we aren't winning ugly, we aren't winning............Bring on the ugly, biatches!!!

ATX_Hawk

Reaction score
Raiders are getting close in their losses. Their game with SD is another good example

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
As big of a deal as it is that we're missing Wagner, it feels like kind of a non-starter to be talking about it as a mitigating factor since he may not be back this year anyway (and certainly won't be soon). Unfortunately we're just going to have to deal without him. As to the rest, yeah hopefully we start to see them trickle back in during the next few weeks.

BBlades89

Reaction score
I remember telling my brother at one point that it looked like a pre-season game seeing some of those guys out there at the same time.

chris98251

Reaction score
We won a game today without our defensive standouts in the middle of the field. What we did is like playing Basketball without a Power forward and Center, a Baseball game missing your Center Fielder, Second baseman and Shortstop.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
idahohawk":azaz1l8z said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":azaz1l8z said:

Great perspective. I was a negative Ned the entire game. It was painful. But it was a W. Need to get healthy.
LOL that's an understatement

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Maybe having these guys rest and get healthy will help us in the long run this year. I'm hoping they come back fresh and ready to dominate. Today the DEF did pretty good most of the game. Now they need to come out and have another confidence boosting big game against the Giants.

peppersjap

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2gph1n51 said:

I was pissed the whole game but came home and started thinking the way you are. The biggest thing I hear is the comparisons to the Super Bowl team, well along with that list you already gave we can add Carpenter (who went out), MRob, Clemmons, Red Bryant, Harvin, Tate, and McDonald who were significant players in that game. It really is pretty impressive that we came out with a win today when you consider our center would have been 4th string, the french guy something Pierre was our backup and left the team and then we went to Schilling and then to Lewis whose 1st NFL action was last week. Not as bad a win as I was thinking earlier.

BASF

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3gfgjwm6 said:

Too piggyback on this, the more playing time your backups get, the more tired and less focused they are on special teams, which cost us two touchdowns today with the block and the long return setting up the Raiders at our thirty. Sure, you can say that it is on the defense to hold them at the thirty, but you are asking a lot especially with the big play to McFadden on the next play.

Erebus

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1nseopvb said:

I want to emphasize the impact of who we were missing.

Bobby Wagner was our leading tackler last year and is our best linebacker.

Kam Chancellor is a two-time Pro Bowler and one-time All Pro.

Byron Maxwell had the second lowest opposing QB rating among CBs in the NFL last year.

Malcolm Smith was the Super Bowl MVP.

Max Unger is a two-time Pro Bowler and one-time 1st team All Pro.

Russell Okung is a one-time Pro Bowler.

Zach Miller is a one-time Pro Bowler.

That's a combined six Pro Bowls, two All Pros, and a Super Bowl MVP.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Some of those guys will never stay healthy . They can't practice even when they are able to play. It's time to move on from them. They are dragging this team down.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
In the NFL, any win is a good win, no matter how large or small you won by.