Keep this in mind folks

SonicHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":jv0a19kx said:
ATX_Hawk":jv0a19kx said:
Raiders are getting close in their losses. Their game with SD is another good example

As is their game against New England. They held the Pats to 16 points in Foxboro and lost by only a TD.

The same San Diego team that lost by 37 and a completely different Patriots team than what we saw last night.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2uf5rldi said:
volsunghawk":2uf5rldi said:
ATX_Hawk":2uf5rldi said:
Raiders are getting close in their losses. Their game with SD is another good example

As is their game against New England. They held the Pats to 16 points in Foxboro and lost by only a TD.

The same San Diego team that lost by 37 and a completely different Patriots team than what we saw last night.

The point is that even though the Raiders are 0-8, it's not like they're getting blown out week in and week out. Expecting the Seahawks to win by multiple TDs just because of the Raiders' record would have been short-sighted.

If there's one thing that has been illustrated this NFL season, it's that the games aren't about momentum or about reputation. They're about matchups (and by extension, player health and depth), coaching, and execution. Right now, the Seahawks have some issues in all of those categories.

StoneCold

Reaction score
This is a good way to look at things. I would add that we should remember Tampa Bay. The SB Champs were on the field that day and we still almost lost. I loved Pete's post game comments. Last year there were 8 close games, decided by a few plays, we won 5 of those and that's why we went to the SB. This year were 5-3. Working on getting better and fighting every week. Can't believe how many people are wringing their hands and talking like they don't have the heart to win. Crazy talk. This is the NFL. Suck it up.

This is a different team and each week we learn a bit more about what their made of. I think we learned that our defense is coming around, even with al the injuries. 6 quarters without a TD. Not bad. Allowed 226 total yards. Not bad. Offense sputtered...again. I don't see any quick fix for the Oline. There again we'll just have to suck it up.

SC

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1xq9kxwh said:
volsunghawk":1xq9kxwh said:
ATX_Hawk":1xq9kxwh said:

OK, and this is a completely different Seahawks team than what we saw in, say, week one...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":dgzonrzr said:
They were replaced by: Brock Coyle, DeShawn Shead, Marcus Burley, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Patrick Lewis, Alvin Bailey and Luke Willson.

I've been saying this for weeks, you can't expect scrubs who couldn't even get on the field last year to come in and not have a SIGNIFICANT drop off.

Except Willson, I really expected him to blossom this year, and other than last week for one catch he's been terrible.

bandiger

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1qckkiqh said:
volsunghawk":1qckkiqh said:
ATX_Hawk":1qckkiqh said:

I don't know BB is just on another level when it comes to making Peyton look foolish at times. Did all the things that can hinder Peyton, move him off his spot, QB pressures, stop the run game, and some trick coverages to boot. They are the number 1 pass defense now :(

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The injuries are relevant and are clearly the biggest reason for struggling. That being ssid looking around the league I still believe the hawks are the best team in the NFC.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BlueBlood":20rlxf1k said:
The injuries are relevant and are clearly the biggest reason for struggling. That being ssid looking around the league I still believe the hawks are the best team in the NFC.

We're top 5, but the Cards are playing the best right now. Their defense is playing great, and will put Russell in the hospital in three weeks if we don't get our O-lineman back.