Keep an eye out for new poster PeterMP

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
That was a shocking video to watch I would be stressed out as a redskins fan the whole game. With the whole read option thing I don't really remember Wilson keeping the ball on a designed play after RG3's injury. I know his designed runs went way down in the playoffs for sure, but it seems after the injury Carrol changed his attitude about the read option.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people think Shanahan needs to run the read option less. They can run it on every snap if they want; what needs to happen is that RG3 needs to learn to run like Russell Wilson, not like Marshawn Lynch.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2we055bb said:
I don't understand why so many people think Shanahan needs to run the read option less. They can run it on every snap if they want; what needs to happen is that RG3 needs to learn to run like Russell Wilson, not like Marshawn Lynch.

The very same Mike Shanahan that was caught on NFL films in the Denver vs. Green Bay superbowl convincing Terrell Davis to go into the game even though Davis said he was blind? Davis had to be led by the hand out onto the field. Even though Davis was being used as bait on the play and wasn't getting the ball, nothing was stopping Green Bay defenders from creaming the blinded Davis and injuring him.

Few trust Shanny to care about the health of his players.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
He did post this. I saw it earlier. Did it get moved?

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
The guy that made this video just came by and missed the original post I put in so I am bumping this up so maybe he will see it.

I did send him a PM.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lady Talon":5whzv9dl said:
RolandDeschain":5whzv9dl said:

The very same Mike Shanahan that was caught on NFL films in the Denver vs. Green Bay superbowl convincing Terrell Davis to go into the game even though Davis said he was blind? Davis had to be led by the hand out onto the field. Even though Davis was being used as bait on the play and wasn't getting the ball, nothing was stopping Green Bay defenders from creaming the blinded Davis and injuring him.

Few trust Shanny to care about the health of his players.
Shanahan seems like a dick that way, I don't disagree; but I don't see what that has to do with RG3's running style. Even if Shanahan's telling him that he should be trying to find the end zone every single time he runs, RG3's got the entire fanbase behind him and he can politely tell Shanahan to suck his *ahem*.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
I finally watched the video myself and have to say I'm not so sure he's going to be a good passer because he never gives the passing game a chance to develop, he just takes off whenever he feels like it.

So many of those aren't really plays, he just seems to "wing it".

:les:

Lady Talon

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3cvny3d5 said:
Shanahan seems like a dick that way, I don't disagree; but I don't see what that has to do with RG3's running style. Even if Shanahan's telling him that he should be trying to find the end zone every single time he runs, RG3's got the entire fanbase behind him and he can politely tell Shanahan to suck his *ahem*.

Judging by their slew of press conferences, RG3 has quite a bit of respect for Shanny. I've never met Shanahan he might be a nice guy and worthy of it.

I mean I keep hearing this "RG3 was our best chance to win" when the Wildcard game told a different story. Cousins isn't perfect but allowing him to play and possibly win after their second score would have allowed RG3 to save himself for a game at Atlanta. Why would you be so focused on winning a measly Wildcard you'd be willing to ensure you can't win anything else? Running style aside, it's coaching decisions like that that turn a wounded duck into a dead duck on the field. You combine that with RG3's inherent running style, and youv'e got a cluster.

Davis probably have told Shanny to GTFO too, and should have considering the rest of his career, but he didn't. Last year's Wildcard was not that different then the Superbowl, risked both his and his player's careers so he could notch a big win.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
LOL Darth Shanahan is taking over the nfl! Get out there you wounded weaklings, don't dare defy my will. You have no players union or choice in the matter you must obey! Kyle you are my son you must follow the same path as I. You guys are a little over the top with the Shanahan hate, every player with the help of medical staff gets to decide when and how they play.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Shanahan can't think critically or make tough decisions of his own? If Carroll played that noise with Wilson or Lynch, and got them wrecked to the point they might never be the same again, then I'd give Shanahan a pass. As it is I can't for the life of me think of an active coach that wouldn't have pulled RG3 in that situation.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
10 seconds of thought Marty Schottenheimer letting Shawn Merriman try to play on his torn ACL. It was a much worst diagnosed injury then what RG3 had. Robert was cleared to play, Robert is a grown man and could have stopped playing anytime. Watching that highlight reel maybe sooner or later it will click in your head, he plays threw injuries constantly. You don't get too coach 20 years in the nfl and have respect of 100's of players cause he cant critically think as well as you.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
When was the last season Schottenheimer coached? 2006? Hardly an active coach. As I remember it, Merriman left the game he was injured in and had press conferences in which he downplayed doctor opinions on his knee as well as the threat to his career. If RG3 wanted to start in the wildcard, that's on him. He was quite clearly, reinjured in that game. Letting him play on while the Seahawk defense contained but wouldn't hit him on a scramble because he was obviously injured, is another. Shanahan must not have been paying attention to the game on the field?

Let's not pretend letting a LB try to wreck his career when he went to the media and told everyone he was going against doctor recommendations and didn't care, is different then not taking your QB out of a game and throwing in a backup while he is examined so you can decide whether or not he plays on. One of them was a roided up role player, the other is literally the fate of your franchise you just spent 3 first round picks for.