Keenan Lambert earning a spot?

Hawks46

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1xmrv2j9 said:

Are you keeping him over Powell or McCray ?

I think he's earned a spot as a backup safety, but the guys in front of him are just better. I highly doubt we keep 5 safeties when Shead can play it in a pinch if needed.

CB depth is pretty bad and I expect us to keep as many as possible to try to develop them and make the back end better.

I supposed it could come down to Lambert vs. Simon, but once again, right now Simon has more positional value.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Rob12":1bs6b20z said:
I wouldn't hate a safety corps of Earl, Kam, McCray, Powell, and Lambert. Let big bro coach little bro up.

Definitely wouldn't hate it. But I think the coaches like/trust Terrell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete has repeatedly said that Terrell is the only safety we have that has the true speed to back up Thomas and play the position the same. He may not have the same instincts, but he's athletic enough to emulate what Earl does.

He also has ST value, although Lambert looks like he's becoming a better ST player.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawks46":1ubgqa6v said:
jammerhawk":1ubgqa6v said:

Are you keeping him over Powell or McCray ?

I think he's earned a spot as a backup safety, but the guys in front of him are just better. I highly doubt we keep 5 safeties when Shead can play it in a pinch if needed.

CB depth is pretty bad and I expect us to keep as many as possible to try to develop them and make the back end better.

I supposed it could come down to Lambert vs. Simon, but once again, right now Simon has more positional value.

The team likes McCray for his performance, versatility and special teams value.

I'm not a fan of McCray, but they are and his spot is secure.

After that, the 4th safety spot is wide open IMO between Terrell, who just feels safe to me, and Powell and Lambert. Powell is more of a coverage safety who hasn't developed the killing instinct yet, while Lambert is less physically gifted in terms of speed, but plays with reckless abandon.

I think Lambert made it interesting last night, and they gave him a long run out there.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Here is the Seattle Times DB predictions from before round 1 of cuts.

KEEP: Richard Sherman, Jeremy Lane, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Deshawn Shead, Tharold Simon, Kelcie McCray, Brandon Browner, Marcus Burley, Tyvis Powell.

CUT: DeAndre Elliott, Tye Smith, Trovon Reed, Steven Terrell, Keenan Lambert.

Simon looks horrible, Browner was already cut, Ty Powell I haven't noticed. The Browner cut makes room for Lambert, and Id like to see Elliott on the team as well.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Don't get the hype on Tyvis Powell. What has he done since week 1 of pre-season?

stack600

Reaction score
Glad i don't have to make these cuts , I see PC keeping depth at DB more than WR or RB . If 10 of the 22 clear waivers and if we don't grab other teams waiver players I see Lambert and Powell and Pope all on the PS I don't think Collins would clear some team would grab the potential, hes not there yet but he could develop into a pro version of his college game with Coaches Sherm and Cable...I just like his up side. To bad it ain't like college and dress 3/4s of the team....

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You have to keep Lambert.

He is one of the more physical safeties we have.

And he has time in the system.

I like Powell but other than one game with a lucky INT and one really good hit, he hasn't exactly flashed anything in the rest of the games.

And I don't see some big danger of losing him off a PS because he isn't ready to contribute, nobody could put him on the 53 being that raw.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Did LAmbert land on a team last year? If not I feel more confident about him making the PS

olyfan63

Reaction score
vin.couve12":q3y6j0fr said:
I swear he had to have had 13 or 14 tackles tonight. I'd almost think he could give McCrary a run for his money after tonight. He's a lot more physical than McCrary though.

Dude, you are having flashbacks to the mid 90's of former Seahawk Michael McCrary sacking QBs, 13.5 sacks his one big year, and then that FG block to turn an L into a W vs Houston. They are pleasant flashbacks, gotta admit.

Kelcie McCray was serviceable last year but he's no Michael McCrary. McCrary is in the Ravens Ring of Honor at last check.

Latest posts