Kam Announces Retirement

Gibbo

Reaction score
Anyway, Kam on the goal line against Megatron!

Without a doubt one of my favourite hawks of all time!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Dang this sucks, knew it was likely to happen, but still stings. One of my favorite all-time Seahawks. I don't think anyone will ever replicate the intimidation factor he brought onto the field when he played.

Thanks for the great memories Kam and best of luck with your future endeavors! LOB!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
My major concern is if he is alright. It is a little heartbreaking that he is having trouble healing and to be honest I hope Seattle takes care of him. I have no problem with discussing cap but this was not anticipated. Just bad luck. It could have happened to him 5 years ago.

“When the doctors told me what was going on in Nov, I could feel my heart drop to my stomach,” Chancellor wrote. “The stiffness in my neck and the images that I saw had me at one of my lowest points as a Man, because football is all I knew outside of serving the Lord. To walk away from the game by choice is one thing, to walk away from the game because of the risk of paralysis is another.

My final test showed no healing. I put all my blood, swear, and tears into this game.”

Seahawks star retires at 30 in NFL stunner

Never forgot how excited I was when Seattle drafted him after I watched some of his college highlights.

[youtube]n6PC-drS9IA[/youtube]

Who was better?

[youtube]qgh8HmKVja8[/youtube]

Miss you bro, get healthy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's the end of an era for an OG Boom member..
Bye Bye "Bam Bam" a Hawk legend..

mistaowen

Reaction score
The heart of the defense, hope he stays around as a coach. Great motivator and great person.

Vernon Davis is happy about this I bet. Wonder if he can stop having nightmares about running crossing routes against us now.

avengerboater

Reaction score
Sad, but expected. I'm glad he's stepping away from the playing field if it's best for his health.

Him and Earl were my two favorite Hawk, and they could both be gone when the season starts. Yikes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
One of my all-time favorite Hawks, teams and opponents feared him!

Kam will always be a Super Bowl Champion, thanks sir for the great play and memories.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":7v68vglf said:
:(

Very sad day, but nothing's more important than your own health, Kam. You were great. Have fun with whatever you decide to do in the future, and thank you for being a part of one of the best damned defenses to ever take the field in the history of football.

This

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":xurxqm6b said:
Yes, one of the all-time greats in Seahawks history is retiring due to a debilitating and dangerous injury. LET'S TALK ABOUT CAP SPACE.

Exactly. :roll: We know the contract and cap situation, it's been talked about ad nauseum. Lets just wish him the best from here forward and drop the classlessness for one moment please.

Kam you are a warrior and the epitome of Seahawk football. You will always be remembered for the spirit, fire, and tough nosed / hard hitting football that brought fear to offenses around the league. You will be missed, and always remembered by many. This 12 is wishing you all the best in your future from here forward. :irishdrinkers:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Anyone complaining about cap space does not get it.

He earned it.

Some of the best football I ever watched was because of him, Lynch, Sherman and Browner causing mayhem.

Kam was one of the linchpins in getting us to the SB and if you do not believe it, watch what happened to the team while he held out. He was instrumental in our success.

I have no problem with him getting paid and chewing up our cap considering the impact to his body and the likely side effects to follow him after his playing days.

One of the greatest Seahawks to ever play in my opinion. Certainly, in his prime, one of the best at his position.

His jersey goes in a special section of football gods for me.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I don't post very often anymore, obviously, but this one warrants leaving the lurker shadows.

This hurts almost as bad as when we Lost Lofa. I say ALMOST because atleast Kam got to walk away with multiple NFC championship's and a Superbowl ring. Whenever a player with sky high potential and as much heart as guys like Kam and Lofa had are forced to retire early due to health reasons, it feels bad, it hurts, it almost feels like losing a friend.

Damn this season is going to feel just a little dissapointing knowing there's no chance of Kam walking out on that field for us, but I guess it's time... next man up.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
While not the original Enforcer (that belongs to #45 HoFer Kenny Easley), Kam was the Enforcer of our Championship Era, putting the BOOM in Legion Of Boom. He was the primary reason the Seahawks were feared during that time. See you in the Ring of Honor one day, Kam. Thank you for putting everything on the line for us, and playing a vital role in delivering the first-ever Lombardi to Seattle.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Actually this makes me sad.

I truly want this player to return, b/c he was a force of nature. That said this was pretty expected and Rappaport can eat my shorts, Sadly Kam is done, just like Cliff is done. Don’t want to see either in a wheel chair.

In a way I’m glad he’s getting paid and doubt greatly Kam want to sit and be paid, unlike many others.

Time to move on.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
My fave LOB member and only guy on the current roster that I wanted a Jersey of. Some memorable hits and plays. End of an era! Thanks Kam for the memories! See you at the ring of honor!

chris98251

Reaction score
kidhawk":2vc98ghe said:
Mistashoesta":2vc98ghe said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1013569909425569792[/tweet]

If memory serves me correctly it costs the team more for him to be cut than sit on the bench and as his salary is guaranteed and he was injured playing for us it makes no sense for him to just walk away from all that cash. My guess here is that the team will come to some financial arrangement that allows him to retire and still get paid.
With that said I did spoil on him a bit during his holdout but I have always loved what he brought to the team each and every down he was on the field. He’s a unique talent that may never come our way again and for that I’m forever grateful

We said the same about Kenny yet were blessed with Kam, just hope we don't have to wait as long for the next BIG thing in the secondary.

Pity both guys had to leave the game due to a circumstance beyond their control, Kenny with his Kidnesy shutting down and now Kam with a Neck injury that was a freak injury.